Williamstown starts season on high note

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

Williamstown starts season on high note

Post by Dale61 »

It appears that Williamstown have started the season the best way possible by handing the Carlton aligned Northern Bullants a 61-point thrashing. I had to work, so will submit the local papers match summary, along with the best players and goal kickers, later this week, but until then, here are the scores.

Will: 3.3.21 ~ 9.7.61 ~ 15.12.102 ~ 21.14.140
NB: 4.3.27 ~ 5.7.35 ~ 9.5.59 ~ 12.7.79

Goals: Mahoney 6, Scotland 4, Cranage 4, Baldwin 2, Swan 2, Taylor 1, Kinnear 1, Anderson 1.

Best: Lloyd, Scotland, Mahoney, Cloke, Cranage, Swan, Fletcher.

Reserves:
Will: 3.3.21 ~ 5.7.37 ~ 11.10.76 ~ 14.16.100
NB: 5.4.34 ~ 12.6.78 ~ 15.9.99 ~ 21.10.136

Goals: Ramsay 5, Rippon 3, Hill 3, Hill, Ralph, Roe.
Best: Theodore, Knight, Hill, Ramsay, Lawry.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Stunning Steve McKee

Review

Post by Stunning Steve McKee »

Dale61 & others here is a review :

Williamstown were very impressive considering the Northern Bullants had at least 12-15 Carlton listed players.

Collingwood listed players to impress were Heath Scotland (until injured - covered in another fourm) 4 goals & multiple possesions. Cameron Cloke easily defeated All-Australian ruckman Matthew "Moneybags" Allan. Cam's ruckwork at centre bounces & throw ins was sound & his around the ground work was pleasing as well. Clokey was desperate when the ball hit the ground as well & can kick on his opposite foot as well - all in all a great debut.

Richie Cole was OK across half back, as was Glen Freeborn.

Ben Kinnear was ordinary at CHF considering the numerous times the ball entered the forward 50.

Dane Swan was dangerous at time & just needs more consistancy.

Bo Nixon in his senior debut didn't look out of his depth, played in the backline & on the wing.

The Williamstown listed players to impress :

Josh Mahoney : Dynamite across half forward
Marcus Baldwin : Took numerous marks & will provide headaches for opposition backman in the VFL.
Sam Cranage : Was in everything whilst on the ground & kicked 4 classy goals
Adrian Fletcher : Why didn't the Pies draft him - This guy is a star. Absolute ball magnent & uses the ball so effectively.
Brad Lloyd : Typical great game from the co-captain. Lacks the class of Brother Matty but got all the toughness in the family.
Side by side WE STICK TOGETHER !
Otis B Collingwood

Scoop from our man on the spot

Post by Otis B Collingwood »

Hello Stunner!

Otis here. BOCA is giving me the tom-tits.

I don't count 12-15 listed Carlton players as anything to write home about. You, Parso, Parky and I could beat that bunch.

Meet you on Wednesday. Have the readies for the sunnies. :lol: