The combined 'AFLW Pies footy topics in GD' feedback thread

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

The combined 'Pies girls footy topics in GD' feedback thread

Post by Damien »

Mods we need a seperate category for the women's team. I may take a passing interest next year but don't want it clogging up the general discussion category where we discuss the real stuff.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I am not and never will be interested in women's football.
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

agree
Get back on top.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Not interested in women's football or netball.
So keep it out of GD.
I mean my fishing comments were relegated to Vic Park Tavern.
And that was taken up with great gusto by Stui Magpie.
He hates smoked cod!!!!!
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

^ same, I am afraid. Glad it gets played. just can't get interested otherwise.
Two more flags before I die!
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

God, the sexist attitudes begin from the start. Give it a rest. There might as well be another forum, but it would be good if people were interested.

TBH the legend who's kicked 77 goals in 14 matches could probably get a game ahead of most of the senior team at the moment.
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Don't think we need one as be same as Draft and Trade Board where next to no one would go to the Forum
I am Da Man
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

sherrife wrote:God, the sexist attitudes begin from the start. Give it a rest. There might as well be another forum, but it would be good if people were interested.

TBH the legend who's kicked 77 goals in 14 matches could probably get a game ahead of most of the senior team at the moment.
There's a separate forum for our VFL team - I don't actually think this is any different (save, of course, that some of us are actually interested in the VFL performances because they might lead to selection in the seniors).
Jezza
Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 235 times

Post by Jezza »

sherrife wrote:God, the sexist attitudes begin from the start. Give it a rest. There might as well be another forum, but it would be good if people were interested..
Seriously? :shock:

How do you conflate the idea that people who are not interested in the women's footy league are somehow sexist. I suppose those who aren't interested in the VFL are being discriminatory in some shape or form based on your logic.

I'm happy to have a separate forum if the majority want it, but if the admin and mods want to keep it in the general discussion section of the board I won't mind that either.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Presti35
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Presti35 »

I'd like a new forum and will, of course, visit them from time to time.

I still reckon we need to pull up the other AFL forum closer to the top. Theres some good threads in there that go unnoticed.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

If the VFL side has a forum then in theory the women's team does as well, I think the netball team stuff can be either apart of the same forum and call it "Collingwood Women & Netball Forum" and leave it as that.

Or just keep the Women's football in GD and the Netball in the Sports Bar, if people don't like the women's footy threads they can just not read the things. It's not exactly hard not to read a thread you aren't interested in.
mandy

Post by mandy »

sherrife wrote:God, the sexist attitudes begin from the start. Give it a rest. There might as well be another forum, but it would be good if people were interested.

Guess I'm sexist then. I have no interest in it and don't want to see it clogging up GD.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

I'm interested in both but would like a separate forum so I can post stuff for those who are interested. Plus I don't want to have to go searching for stuff in GD.

I like Prototypes suggestion for combined Womens VFL & Netball forum.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

I like the idea of having a combined Womens VFL & Netball forum. We can at least see how it goes :-)
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

The mods team is monitoring the interest levels in the Women's team.

Given that 1) some forums end up being the graveyard where good threads go to die, and 2) unlike the VFL, the AFLW fixture doesn't occur at the same time as the Seniors, lets just see how it goes.

It may make GD more interesting up until the end of March - you never know, nobody was particularly interested in the BBL in the beginning.