Training 17th Jan

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Miss_Lisey_Molloy

Post by Miss_Lisey_Molloy »

Awwwww how cute! lol i nearly died there for a minny! heheheImage
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

<FONT COLOR="Purple">__________________________________________________</FONT c>
*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

<FONT COLOR="Red"><u>My SoNg Of ThE wEeK</FONT c></u>
<FONT COLOR="Navy">"Informer u no say daddy me, Snow me I'll go blame, A licky boom boom down, Detective mon said daddy me, Snow me stab someone down the lane, A licky boom boom down"</FONT c>
<FONT COLOR="Green">*Informer- Snow*</FONT c>
<FONT COLOR="Maroon">One Of The Best Days Of My Life- December 17th, 2002! I love you Jarrod Molloy!</FONT c>
Rosewall Woman 3

Post by Rosewall Woman 3 »

Players came out at about 1pm and did a few warmups, kick to kick, hand passes, etc. Disappeared off the track for about 10 minutes and I thought I had missed the bulk of it and it was only 1.20pm!!! They then came out had a few warm ups and then did a drill with two teams full length of ground, going from cutting oppositions shot at goal, breaking out of defence, keeping delivery sharp and breaking away from your opponent, blocking etc. and going towards other goal end. Players were rotated around and into alternate teams. Didak, Roop, Cloke, Johhno, Burns, Clement and Wakes great here, cleared it as we expect with O'bree and Cole providing other options if set player was covered by defender. Woey was used up forward and across centre here, looks great, fast and accurate goal kicking on the run under pressure. Richo was looking to move freely and Molloy was good with accurate goal kicking as well, although his hair is not good, like him with more of it.

Over far side of ground was a small group concentrating on hand pass drills, including McGough, Pebbles, Cameron Cloke, David King, Brodie, Buckley, Josh, Lonie and a couple of young kids I'm not sure who they were (Dane Swan). Not doing any running with these drills. There was also another group doing drills from throw ins, including McKee, Lica, Tarkyn, and about 7 others I am not sure of and these also were rotated with main drill playing group.

The hand pass drill guys then did the rebound net thingy (highly technical term!!! C. Cloke, Rocca, Mc Gough, Holland and one mystery fellow in one group, Josh, Bucks, Lonie, King, and Swan, Bucks so light on his feet, quick to respond, Dane a bit flat footed, but Bucks was pointing all this out to him. Throwing the ball on the net and handpassing to either side. Quick, sharp and close in, moving farther back after each player had completed the drills. Brodie went into the rooms after this, as did McGough, Lonie and Fraser. Bucks, did some work in the boundary throw in group. Brodie reappeared to do little else apart from strut, Balme came out with his height measure, and put this up the same way he did with an back drop screen after a media interview somewhere, not all that well!!! Bucks then came back with Josh who reappeared from the rooms and they did some net drills again with the same young mystery bloke. Having a lot of fun, Josh was really angry when he muffed it, and Bucks was being less than helpful for him. Still Brodie did nothing. Molly went into the rooms after he had been doing the major drill on the ground.

A few different groups broke up, some with Balmey and his height jumping indicator, Josh, Walker, Some doing some kicking with Scotty Cummings, some doing some midfield work with TD. Some did the red bag thing, Wakes, Cloke, BK, Clement and a few others with MM delivering the ball. Cloke took a brilliant specky here, riding TD to the ground under the red bag!!!

About this time I moved into the Sherrin stand as it was bloody hot in the sun, Players donned ice vests and had a drinks break. They then broke into the three groups of 10 as Woodsman explained earlier, 5 against 5, a group at each goal and a mid field group. The group up my end were Wakes, Clement, O'Bree, Lica, Roop, Tarkyn, Johhno, Woey, Clokey, and Kinnear. MM wandered between the groups and observed the drills. Talking to this player or that. The drill was team 1 had the kick in and had to deliver to one of their players, the opposition had to start 15m from goal at the kick in. Blocking, changing opponents when you were blocked, and breaking free to take clean possession. Lica, Woey were standouts at getting clear. Clement and Woey passes were spot on. Johhno is like a dog with a bone, just as you think they are clear Johhno is up their clacker. Wakes, Kinear, Clokey, Tarkyn and Roop all took speckies. Clement, Cloke are like brick walls when they put on a block, Johhno, Tarkyn and O'Bree had a great awareness when player was blocked and opponent getting clear and covered these better than I expected. Johhno, Woey, Lica and Tarkyn are soo fast.

Each one took turns to kick out, with different set ups, all running out from goal square, and each team discussed who was on whom etc. Cloke is a big talker, encourages others on. All were having fun, and hanging it on each other's team if the pass didn't come off, or talking up marks etc. BK missed a mark at the end and Cloke said it doesn't matter, MM corrected him and said "It does matter." Not putting him down, just being firm, all 1% count. Just another reason we love him. Took BK and Woey aside at different stages to explain finer points of gaining posession or some different strategies he wants them to try.

This was when they broke up into sprints, about 20m with ball in one hand, from set start, blind turn and run, backwards, high stepping gaits. About 15 of these and Burns took off his shirt and he was packing one of the best 6 packs I've seen for some time, it was magnificent. Then Woey took off his shirt and he had a tanned equally magnificent 6 pack! Then an around the ground 200m metre sprint, slow jog 20m, 200m sprint, 20m jog, 200m sprint to home. Did these solo in one big group, then were put in groups of 2, 3, 4 and 5 for each lap. Williams, Lica and Lockeyer were the pick of the bunch. Each manged it, thought Wakes was going to pass out, but came home well, as did Clokey. Johhno did 2 extra laps at a swift jog after this, not sure why?? He was glad to pull up.

Was a good session, one of the longest I've been to. The boys look good and sharp and none were lagging notibly behind what was expected (although Brodie was still loitering). Woey, Burns, Lica, Didak, Johhno were standouts, it bodes well for 2003 if we maintain this intensity, and this is only the beginning.

Hope this is helpful for those unable to attend. Those that did attend please fill in blanks, omissions or inaccuracies as warranted.

Cheers
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

Thanks heaps for that Rosewall Woman - a great read and great to hear the guys are already raring to go!

GO PIES!
Marg
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

G'day Rosewall Woman 3 Image
thnx for that, it was bloody brilliant!!! (even the techie terms) Image
great read.

http://magpiemad.magpies.net/
Miss_Lisey_Molloy

Post by Miss_Lisey_Molloy »

Thanks dalz! great reading about it!Image
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

<FONT COLOR="Purple">__________________________________________________</FONT c>
*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

<FONT COLOR="Red"><u>My SoNg Of ThE wEeK</FONT c></u>
<FONT COLOR="Navy">"Informer u no say daddy me, Snow me I'll go blame, A licky boom boom down, Detective mon said daddy me, Snow me stab someone down the lane, A licky boom boom down"</FONT c>
<FONT COLOR="Green">*Informer- Snow*</FONT c>
<FONT COLOR="Maroon">One Of The Best Days Of My Life- December 17th, 2002! I love you Jarrod Molloy!</FONT c>
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

Great report RW3, thanks for that. Anyone know how Pebs is doing?

Go Pies!
Rosewall Woman 3

Post by Rosewall Woman 3 »

Pebbles is on a modified program, ??? due to OP last year?? Is looking good though, fit, big and toned.