As I See It - The remainder of the season

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

As I See It - The remainder of the season

Post by Dale61 »

With seven games remaining, Williamstown (7-6) are in danger of missing finals action again. On current form, this could be seven losses, but if they are good enough, wins against Nth Ballarat, Essendon and Springvale should be possible. The next two games a must-wins, but the all conquering Geelong are proving difficult to beat, and will be a hard game at Skilled Stadium. The following game against Coburg Tigers is winnable, then Williamstown host Nth Ballarat, a game that should end with a 'W' for the home side.

The Carlton game is also a danger game as Carlton are playing good football, unlike their senior counterparts, then Box Hill make the journey across the Bridge, and a repeat of last season's upset could not be discounted, but currently unlikely.

Two away games close out the home-and-away season, with games at Windy Hill (Essendon) and Moorabbin (Springvale) possibly closing the season with wins.

Therefore, this could see Williamstown end with a 10-10 record, and maybe not enough to see September action.

I hope they prove me wrong, but after yesterday's dismal performance, they may finish the season 0-7, and 7-13 for the season.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."
paulie

Post by paulie »

Don't we play Geelong at the G before the senior game?????
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

No, Williamstown travel down the highway to play at Skilled on Sunday.

paulie

Post by paulie »

It's just that on my Williastown membership it says we play Geelong at the G.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

The Football Victoria website even has Geelong v Williamstown playing Sunday.

There have been a few changes to games since the beginning of the year. The VFL have the right to chage games as they see fit, so unless Prez Eddie can organise a change, it looks like a trip down the freeway on Sunday for the Williamstown boys.