Reserves - W'town v Sandringham semi final

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

Reserves - W'town v Sandringham semi final

Post by Dale61 »

After their shock loss to Port Melbourne last week, Williamstown's reserves hosted Sandringham in the 1st semi final. A convincing win now sees them again face Port Melbourne in the Preliminary Final to determine who will meet the Northern Bullants in the Grand Final.

Scores:
Will: 5.4.34 ~ 15.10.100 ~ 24.15.159 ~ 29.18.192
Sand: 4.2.26 ~ 7.3.45 ~ 9.4.58 ~ 11.7.73

Goals: Ralph 4, Taylor 4, Hill 3, Knight 3, Jarrad 2, Runnalls 2, Sheehan 2, Theodore 2, Uhi 2, Gowers, Kelly, Lawry, Pearce, Rippon.

Best: Crow, Pearce, Taylor, McArdle, Uhi, Gowers.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
paulie

Post by paulie »

Thanx for that Dale. just wondering if the Shack Attack played as he was surprising named in the side. I wouldn't of thought he would have qualified to play in the reserves but I might be wrong.Also do you know if this game will be a curtain raiser to one of the senior prem finals? What I mean is will it be played before the Willy game next week???
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Mate, too many questions too early in the morning - LOL

I don't know if Shack played as I had to work (I've already changed my roster to allow me to go to the GF), but Shack actually started the season playing in the reserves. The qualification criteria is different then for the seniors, i.e. CFC players dropping down, but as he has qualified for VFL finals there is no reason why he couldn't play reserves.

I would have thought he deserves a break after a couple of hard games leading up to the finals.

Not sure yet when they play, but would assume that the reserves would play the same day as the seniors, but with the reserves only having the one prelim, it is more than likely they'll play on Sunday.

My guess for next weeks senior games would be Sandringham v Box Hill on Saturday, with Williamstown playing the winner of todays game next Sunday.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked