Post Match. Pies blow Blues away. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

makri

Post by makri »

Piesnchess wrote:Cannot believe a poster here, said he was not impressed with Nick Daicos game, should have look at himself. I have watched the replay and he sure played a very good game, not as good as some of his other matches, but still very serviceable. Some people are just so hard to please.
Nick’s ‘problem’ is that he sets the bar so high. An average game by his standards is still going to be netter than most other’s top games. Good problem to have.

In saying this, not sure what Nick needs to do to impress said poster?
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Collingwood young gun Nick Daicos remains right in the hunt for the Brownlow...

He's escaped with a $3000 fine ($2000 with guilty plea) for striking offence on Blake Acres.

Incident graded intentional, but crucially was ruled to be low impact.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

makri wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Cannot believe a poster here, said he was not impressed with Nick Daicos game, should have look at himself. I have watched the replay and he sure played a very good game, not as good as some of his other matches, but still very serviceable. Some people are just so hard to please.
Nick’s ‘problem’ is that he sets the bar so high. An average game by his standards is still going to be netter than most other’s top games. Good problem to have.

In saying this, not sure what Nick needs to do to impress said poster?
Pendles used to get the same crap when he had a “quiet” (by his standards) game.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Bloody David King reckons sure we are winning matches, but our weakness is we dont kick big scores, as the Lions do. our strength is our fantastic backline. He forgets we belted Port, and castrated the GWS. Anyhoo , lets show this ex Norf jerk that we can boot big scores, by annihilating his precious Roos. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
bally12

Post by bally12 »

Loved our first half but then Carlton switched their structures and were able to close our run. Possibly a bit concerning that a team like Carlton can shift the game to the (sh!!t ) way they want to play but as long as the team can acknowledge and address that aspect it's a good learning.
"Can't touch Curnow" was the umpiring theme of the day. Would of been good if the 4 yellow muppets told Moore at the start off the game.
Moore was superb. Murphy got exposed by the bigger Mckay a couple of times but to be expected.
Degoey doing just great. His power and decision making really making a difference.
Billy Elliott always presenting and doing a power of work.
Tom Mitchell giving us the clearance grunt we were looking for. Needs to flatten out his kicking a bit. Absolutely no right foot though.
Mcreery and Bobby Hill always dangerous.
Johnson and Miho offering different strengths. We had Carlton's defence not knowing where to look in stages there in the 1st half.
Nick Daicos learning how to work through a tag, doing great. His brother Josh got a lot of the ball but uncharacteristically made some bad decisions.
On the negative side, Tay Adams had a shocker. I'd be inclined to rest him up this week and replace with Carmichael.
Johnny Noble is all heart but geez he makes some clangers. He's good for the handball receive, and run out of defence, as well as chase down tackles and spotting up the 20m kicks, but as a defender he's a hard watch. Gets overpowered in contests, slips over, lacks penetration in his kicking. It's not a popular opinion as I know he has a lot of fan boys here, but I reckon we could do better in that position. Ryan perhaps? Admittedly the winning goal he kicked against Adelaide was a ripper.
Go Pies!
jonmac1954
Been liked: 19 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

You summed up Nobes in the first sentence but went downhill from there.

Nobes goes flat out all game and goes for everything so yes he makes mistakes but he leaves nothing on the park.

It's easy to criticize from an armchair.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

This passionate Blue fan analyses his loss - he is impressed by the Collingwood side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8diQZ56iNaY

"the difference between these two teams, particularly in regards to ball movement...just the speed of Collingwood...we were f***ing fat slow"

"they're so quick to close down space defensively. They got McCreery and Hill who were just super quick".
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:This passionate Blue fan analyses his loss - he is impressed by the Collingwood side.

"the difference between these two teams, particularly in regards to ball movement...just the speed of Collingwood...we were f***ing fat slow"

"they're so quick to close down space defensively. They got McCreery and Hill who were just super quick".
Is this guy channeling mark Robinson on Diazepam ??
Fortunately I worked out he was really hurting within the first minute cause I couldn’t listen any longer.
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

was listening to ABC's AFL broadcasting... at Guangzhou Airport in Southern China, while waiting for my flight back to OZ...

happy me.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

robevpau1 wrote:Collingwood young gun Nick Daicos remains right in the hunt for the Brownlow...

He's escaped with a $3000 fine ($2000 with guilty plea) for striking offence on Blake Acres.

Incident graded intentional, but crucially was ruled to be low impact.
I trust the fine was the exact same amount to the dollar, that the Essenscum player received, for the exact same hit on Nick during the Anzac Day game?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:This passionate Blue fan analyses his loss - he is impressed by the Collingwood side.

"the difference between these two teams, particularly in regards to ball movement...just the speed of Collingwood...we were fat slow"

I watched the whole thing, I feel for the guy, we’ve all been there, so know exactly how he feels.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

I think Carlton played well to be honest.

Never was getting near the Pies.

But if Blues lose v sydney next week then its all over.

Big game carlton and swans.