Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Don’t stop at that trio

Ash Johnson
Darcy Cameron
And the best example of if it don’t work try another club Jack Crisp who has gone from a good player to a very good player under the new broom
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

mattdally wrote:Who cares what he does for the Lions.
Let's judge his performances next year if he is wearing a Pies jumper.
Short and sweet and couldn't agree more mate! I can remember North mates laughing about Leigh Brown going to Collingwood and saying how crappola he was. That turned out incorrect. Also a mate from Fremantle years ago saying "he's very average, you can have him" when referring to Jimmy Clement. Wrong again. I was bemused early on about the idea of taking big Dan McStay but something in my gut says he's going to turn out all right for the Pies. Let's hope so.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:Like many here, my concern is the contract length.

But lining up tonight are Noble, Cox,WHE.

2 different professional coaching regimes are agreeing on selections which many pundits were blaming the previous inept coaching group.

The moral of the story is, give people a chance if they are selected. We can be wrong.
WHE is a brilliantly-skilled player. He would command a spot in any team. The other two are both determined players who do their very best, every week. Neither, though, would get a game if there were a viable alternative at their position. There's no indication watching McStay that he is in the WHE category - we just have to hope that he isn't really as hopeless as he usually looks.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Pies4shaw wrote:

2 different professional coaching regimes are agreeing on selections which many pundits were blaming the previous inept coaching group.

The moral of the story is, give people a chance if they are selected. We can be wrong.
WHE is a brilliantly-skilled player. He would command a spot in any team. The other two are both determined players who do their very best, every week. Neither, though, would get a game if there were a viable alternative at their position. There's no indication watching McStay that he is in the WHE category - we just have to hope that he isn't really as hopeless as he usually looks.

I once thought maybe Noble would make way for Nick Daicos. I was wrong.

The next 'name' to put up in lights is not selected because these guys are keeping their spot.

One day you will be right.

But not today Maverick lol
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by Big T »

Pies4shaw wrote:

WHE wouldn't get a regular spot in half the teams in the AFL
Buon Giorno
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

McStay = Leigh Brown
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Dan McStay is in line to be the biggest whipping boy who's yet to even play a game.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Said by Zed wrote:McStay = Leigh Brown
I’ll take that
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

inxs88 wrote:Dan McStay is in line to be the biggest whipping boy who's yet to even play a game.
Leon Davis is making a comeback, according to Pies4shaw
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Dan McStay is in line to be the biggest whipping boy who's yet to even play a game.
I very much doubt that he will hit the dizzy heights of Jason Wild
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
I still have nightmares about him playing in Grand Finals - he was possibly the worst performed finals player of all time. I do not understand why people defend him.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Not true. Leon Davis peaked as a player between 2006-08 when we weren’t competing in grand finals. By 2010 he was on the down. Then they converted him into a back pocket which misfired in the 2011 GF. If they had played him in the Isaac Quaynor role for longer in his career it would have worked out fine. Remember he won a final against Port Adelaide off his own boot. Leon Davis on his day could play as well as anybody in a final. Just never worked out for him in grand finals because in the main they happened either too early or too late in his career. I can think of worse players for us than Leon Davis in finals.
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Johnno75

Post by Johnno75 »

Tristan Walker, Cole, Lokan…..there were a few in 2003
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Bring in McStay

Our forwards are shit
Fighting against the objectification of woman.