The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

DeadEyeDidak wrote:Graham Wright and Craig McRae (Graham is playing bad cop, Craig always playing good cop) are absolutely ropeable with Jack Ginnivan.

They have sheltered him from being dropped in the past so as to avoid a big media storm and have done countless other things to look after Jack yet he continues to defy team rules and is putting himself before the club/team.

He last night was out and about on the town (hence he was not allowed to play today) and Wright in particular is livid.
What do you consider being "out and about on the town"?

Quiet meal and a couple of drinks for dinner with mates or a dance party/nightclub til 3am?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Hoping he was just out late after a few beers with mates, but if he had a big night and woke up game day not on playing condition I’ll be annoyed.
Tanuki

Post by Tanuki »

derkd wrote:
DeadEyeDidak wrote:Graham Wright and Craig McRae (Graham is playing bad cop, Craig always playing good cop) are absolutely ropeable with Jack Ginnivan.

They have sheltered him from being dropped in the past so as to avoid a big media storm and have done countless other things to look after Jack yet he continues to defy team rules and is putting himself before the club/team.

He last night was out and about on the town (hence he was not allowed to play today) and Wright in particular is livid.

He might be at North Melbourne in 2024???
Straight swap for Stephenson should work.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Let’s not give the ambulance chasers any ammo. Yeah you, Barrett, I know you’re reading this
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

There’s been mail for a while his training habits and dedication have been questioned by the leadership group for a while
It’s noted he lacks energy on the training track and seems to think it’s a place to showcase his newest goal of the year audition
He was spoken to my a few senior players over the preseason and even offered mentorship on how to train rehab and in general act like a professional footballer
He declined
Unlike JDG who embraced the help of team mates (namely Maynard) to alter his off field issues Ginnivan has continued his party boy ways
Wright doesn’t tolerate fools and believe me when I say he will trade anyone who doesn’t tow the company line and policy
He’s a talent but talent doesn’t equate to performance without good preparation
Anyone looking for a example of this look no further than IQ since he has become Nick D training partner away from the club
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:

What do you consider being "out and about on the town"?

Quiet meal and a couple of drinks for dinner with mates or a dance party/nightclub til 3am?
Night before a game he should be home, and certainly not drinking

Good I hope this isn’t true, I love Jack
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

If a couple of drinks helps him relax the night before an afternoon game, I have no problem with it. NBA players do some way out party shit before games that would get AFL players in deep shit, but they still perform on game day.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

I think we have the basis for a solid reality TV show here!
'Ceeping up with The Carringbush'
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Let’s not give the ambulance chasers any ammo.
Yeah you, Barrett, I know you’re reading this
As he grabs his crayons, and notes more gossip and scuttlebutt from Nicks....
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by derkd »

Fin Mcrae could be a trade target...not a huge surprise given he can't get a game..why would he stay?

https://www.zerohanger.com/collingwood- ... ws-138881/
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

piedys wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Let’s not give the ambulance chasers any ammo.
Yeah you, Barrett, I know you’re reading this
As he grabs his crayons, and notes more gossip and scuttlebutt from Nicks....
Nah they’ll only report it if it’s on BogFooty Scandals and Rumours page.

And year, Fin will be goneski. Can’t see him getting a game this year.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Fin McCrae may well want to play with his brother?

What have the Dogs got that we might want? (Not Treloar)
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Fin McCrae may well want to play with his brother?

Aaron Naughton is the prize recruit that I would be very happy to bring to Collingwood. He would add the marking power in the forward line that we are lacking at present.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by derkd »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Fin McCrae may well want to play with his brother?

Finns value wont be much, he is.playing VFL, he will be traded to get more senior time elsewhere. Maybe at best late second rounder.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.