Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Ok keeping the negativity to the game thread (+a few posts on the come down)…
Fair effort against the best team all year. Our mids lead by JDG were massive and stood up like we asked them to.
Backs just as good. Moore BoG.
Fwds, dunno what the answer is. Just limp and we resorted to bombing it in. Doesn’t work When the only bloke over 6ft is checkers and he’s still under sized and let’s face it, woefully out of form.
Expecting to beat who ever we come to against next week. Guess we worry about the swans there after.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

I think Adams’ groins are shot to pieces.There must be a huge question mark about his playing future.Getting that injury late in the game really couldn’t have come at a worse time for us,either.
What'sinaname
Been liked: 19 times

Post by What'sinaname »

And normal programming resumes with the Pies returning to finals laughing stock again.

We win pretty much every close H&A game and then lose the close final.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Too many points. That is all. Had them on the mat but couldn't land the knockout blow.
Get back on top.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

What'sinaname wrote:And normal programming resumes with the Pies returning to finals laughing stock again.

WTF??
A "laughing stock" ?
Not sure how you work that out.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
doriswilgus
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

What'sinaname wrote:And normal programming resumes with the Pies returning to finals laughing stock again.

You are seriously misguided if you think that game made us a laughing stock,Absolutely no one tipped us to win,and yet we led for most of the night.Only bad umpiring and some missed chances in the first half cost us the game,
What'sinaname
Been liked: 19 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Magpietothemax wrote:

WTF??
A "laughing stock" ?
Go to BigFooty mate. We've given an early Christmas present to opposition supporters.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Supreme and gutsy effort against the best team in the comp. Bring that effort again next week and we’ll get to the Prelim. Lucky we played the Swans at the SCG so recently, as we will be able to tweak our game.

Obviously it was disappointing to lose today but I’m still confident about what’s to come.
Last edited by RudeBoy on Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 25 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

thats one of the poorest umpired games i have seen collingwood take part in
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Haff wrote:Ok keeping the negativity to the game thread (+a few posts on the come down)…
Fair effort against the best team all year. Our mids lead by JDG were massive and stood up like we asked them to.
Backs just as good. Moore BoG.
Fwds, dunno what the answer is. Just limp and we resorted to bombing it in. Doesn’t work When the only bloke over 6ft is checkers and he’s still under sized and let’s face it, woefully out of form.
Expecting to beat who ever we come to against next week. Guess we worry about the swans there after.

Yes, keep it as positive as we can. Look,many critics like Cornes, King, though wed get smashed today, and that did NOT happen, we did pretty damn well, against the so called unbeatable ol Cats, we had a red hot go, bit of luck, umpiring may have won another close one. But, I guess we were due to lose a close one, really, law of averages. Next week we will be in a foul mood, so I expect a big win, after that, Swanettes, up on peanut Chardonnay ground, we would have learnt a lot from last time up there, we were right in that match at times. Im proud of the team, they did well, against this "invincible" Cats. Bring on next week. :!:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Checkers has played hurt since he did the hip and missed a week. He is irreplaceable, so don't not even think about it being possible.
Get back on top.
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

Damien wrote:So proud of this team. And to the flogs on here who are:

1. Blaming the umpires
2. Calling for Mihocek to be dropped
3. Talking about whether we can beat Sydney or not

I will say:

1. Umpiring was brilliant, let it go all game and no team had a clear advantage,
2. Mihocek had a quiet game yes but no way he’ll be dropped
3. we gotta win another game before we worry about Sydney

Had a gutful of the whingers on this site. Especially about umpiring. If you can’t just acknowledge what a brilliant performance that was by our team, you don’t know squat about footy and definitely haven’t played it.
Well Said Damien! I'm proud of the boys! We weren't even supposed to be that close to the best team in the comp!!!!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

What'sinaname wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

WTF??
A "laughing stock" ?
Go to BigFooty mate. We've given an early Christmas present to opposition supporters.
I don't base my judgements on what opposition supporters in Big footy think
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

bally12 wrote:Geelong should invite Rosebury into their rooms to sing the song with them.
And the other two >snip< to make a party of it.

Pre-match, we demanded the team hit these handbagger frontrunners with everything we had; and they did. Tick.

For all that Herculean effort tonight, for effectively no reward, the downside is taxing.
We had our chances, as did they; but we squandered more easy ones.

That was a dead set carbon copy of the 2007 Prelim, which broke me.

It was the old irresistible force meeting an immovable object scenario tonight.

The maggots have handed Geebung the flag, but I pray to Christ Almighty that Sydney take it away from them; they just set up in better than we do generally.

Sorry to say, we all KNEW that first idiotic shot at goal by Johnson would ultimately cost us, despite his excellent game from then on.
The icing on the stupidity cake was of course Mihocek and his all-time cluster-**** brain fart at goal in 2nd quarter; no excuses for such panic.
And sadly Maynard's over exuberance in 3rd term, that went OOF, instead of being taken over line. Enter tin-arse sniping dog Cameron for a soda.

Proud of the boys but a very bitter pill to swallow. Proud, but broken.

So look, nobody be too upset if we are out of legs next week - tonight might very well have cooked us for 2022.
Our only hope is for Footscray and Freo to smash each other, but I anticipate a bruise free game.

oh, and what came out of my mouth over 4 quarters, I hear you ask?
>snip<..." literally every 5 minutes, at the top of my lungs.

Sooner this bug-eyed AFL CEO vamooses, the better off this comp will be.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

RudeBoy wrote:Supreme and gutsy effort against the best team in the comp. Bring that effort again next week and we’ll get to the Prelim. Lucky we played the Swans at the SCG so recently, as we will be able to tweak our game.

Obviously it was disappointing to lose today but I’m still confident about what’s to come.
Well said. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this relaxed after a defeat. Disappointed absolutely but shit we have it a red hot crack. So very very proud.
Bring Back Tranquilli