Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

On McCreery, I read somewhere that he was feeling down an under pressure because of lack of possessions early in the season until Fly told him not to worry about that, his role in the team was to put the fear of god into the opposition
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Tom Mitchell anyone? Apparently looking for a move and Pies are interested
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Nah, accumulator of cheap possessions. We tried his dad, fail, lets not repeat.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jatsad »

eddiesmith wrote:Tom Mitchell anyone? Apparently looking for a move and Pies are interested
No, too old and just not damaging enough.
Jatsad - That is all
slangman
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

eddiesmith wrote:Tom Mitchell anyone? Apparently looking for a move and Pies are interested
It all depends on what we will have to give up and also his salary demands.

He has what we don’t have….an ability to shark a ruckman and win clearances.
- Side By Side -
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

IS Bobby Hill an Indigenous player, his name sounds like he is, I hope he is.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

For mine, one of Tom Mitchell or Matt Crouch would suit us perfectly.

We need more CB / Clearance depth and both of these are experts in the field. To me it seems both of those players have a bit of the 2009 Luke Ball stench about them, where people are focusing on what they dont do rather on what they do do.

Do the coaching staff see if its more efficient to increase clearance capabilities with more qualified mids compared to a ruck? I cant understand the desire to get Grundy out out and pay so much salary unless the coaches genuinely dont rate rucks at all

Personally having seen stacks of Frampton over the years in the SANFL im not a massive fan of his, although he has looked better this year in defence, compared to ruck and forward roles.

McStay, i can see a use for as a swingman but i do think it seems we are overpaying, especially if it means we dont have the ability to keep Henry
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Tom Mitchell is a hack. He cost the Swans a premiership and then won a Brownlow Medal doing an impersonation of a witch's hat. If he comes to Collingwood, it will be the end of us for a decade. Hopefully, the suggestion is just a pathetic joke - like Mitchell.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

A gigantic no to Matt Crouch and Tom Mitchell. The latter would be Woewodin 2.0.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 106 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Piesnchess wrote:IS Bobby Hill an Indigenous player, his name sounds like he is, I hope he is.
Yes. Zippy small forward. I’m not sold on him yet but he never really settled with GWS. He has family in Melbourne and wants to come home. Still young enough, so there should be upside. It will be a late pick only , so certainly worth the punt and gives us another option up forward.
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

Sam McClure claims Geelong is out of the race for JDG.

JDG will either stay or go to St Kilda next year.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Tom Mitchell on the radar if Grundy were to leave.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Pep

Post by Pep »

Tom Mitchell... based purely on numbers, we would be silly not to entertain 1 2yr with with triggers for a third... Would lighten the load for our senior players while letting our draftees learn and develop with less pressure to perform.

Everything involved in the trade/deal will have ti be right... Will we get him? Probably not.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Jezza wrote:Sam McClure claims Geelong is out of the race for JDG.

The Saints are death valley, their premiership window has shut, ours is just now opening. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Jezza wrote:Sam McClure claims Geelong is out of the race for JDG.

If this is true, then he will remain a Pie. Why would you go to St Kilda instead of staying with us???
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins