So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

LOL.

I wonder if WPT refuses to eat KFC just in case he get's a right wing.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

swoop42 wrote:LOL.

I wonder if WPT refuses to eat KFC just in case he get's a right wing.
(Don't eat KFC. But I am partial to the odd Mac Oz burger & eat way too much chook)

After listening & watching the reports that the Latrobe Valley has the worst health outcomes in the state (before the toxic fires) I'd be makin' those patties & salad quick smart. :wink:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

Went to the west side hotel for dinner, for something different, had snapper and tiger prawn pie with leak and Parmesan sauce, OMG was divine! Tasted like the chowder we had at fishermans wharf San Francisco. Just needed some authentic sour dough bread to finish it off. Yum!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

I've been trying to cut back on the carbs so I've cut out spuds, pasta, rice bread etc. Not going to go all religious about it, saturday night pizza can not be outlawed.

Doing meat and salad easy, but the coldish weather coming back, tonight knocked up some curried sausages and veges. Daughter is getting home from work after I go to bed so the leftovers will be something she can chew for lunch tomorrow and I can freeze some for mum. Daughter went up to visit her last weekend, took up a bunch of meals I'd cooked and frozen and bought back a bunch of empty containers that used to contain my cooking. :shock: Shit, I've got work to do.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.

Post by 1061 »

LMAO must be the weather for Curried snags but I did do up some mashed tatta's as well.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:I've been trying to cut back on the carbs so I've cut out spuds, pasta, rice bread etc. Not going to go all religious about it, saturday night pizza can not be outlawed.

Doing meat and salad easy, but the coldish weather coming back, tonight knocked up some curried sausages and veges. Daughter is getting home from work after I go to bed so the leftovers will be something she can chew for lunch tomorrow and I can freeze some for mum. Daughter went up to visit her last weekend, took up a bunch of meals I'd cooked and frozen and bought back a bunch of empty containers that used to contain my cooking. :shock: Shit, I've got work to do.
Hey well done, but You don't need to cut anything out, just make better choices. Switch all the white sugar filled crap for the brown stuff with the goodness still in it! Brown rice, whole grain bread (pay for the good stuff, try Taylor's, it's like cake) and sweet potatoes instead of white. Mash them and serve with a touch of cinnamon (which stabilises blood sugar) and lite sour cream. Buy good quality pink Himalayan salt, it tastes so good, and is full of minerals. How's mum doing with her hip? All healed? Cheers

Oh and life wouldn't be worth living if there was no pizza. No chocolate. And oh my God, no BACON!!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

How does doing that make you feel?
partypie

Post by partypie »

Finally back home after being away for a year and mentioned to my neighbour the cupboards were a bit bare. Half an hour later he came over with an enormous fillet of pink snapper which we have just devoured, with wedges and fresh lemons straight off the tree ... Home sweet home
think positive

Post by think positive »

partypie wrote:Finally back home after being away for a year and mentioned to my neighbour the cupboards were a bit bare. Half an hour later he came over with an enormous fillet of pink snapper which we have just devoured, with wedges and fresh lemons straight off the tree ... Home sweet home
Welcome home, and gees, great neighbour, never move! Cheers.
watt price tully

partypie wrote:Finally back home after being away for a year and mentioned to my neighbour the cupboards were a bit bare. Half an hour later he came over with an enormous fillet of pink snapper which we have just devoured, with wedges and fresh lemons straight off the tree ... Home sweet home
Great neighbour. How coincidental. We had snapper fillets 2 nights ago with lemon & dill. Magnificent. Mrs WPT had gone to South Melbourne Market.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

making pastrami.

Won't be dinner tonight, it's a longish process.

Got a corned silverside (yeah it's not a brisket, sue me) and I'm converting it to a Pastrami.

See how it works.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:making pastrami.

Won't be dinner tonight, it's a longish process.

Got a corned silverside (yeah it's not a brisket, sue me) and I'm converting it to a Pastrami.

See how it works.
Need to get you over to Balaclava, East St Kilda & Caulfield for some great pastrami.

No brisket. Ach mein got. Bloody Eltham heathens :roll:

Also great bagels (Aviv's is simply the best - in Elsternwick) with some egg dip & tuna dip or alternatively I could send you a trowel & you can lather on the lard straight to the arteries :wink:

Enjoy making & eating the pastrami.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Nandos
Heaven after 5.5 hours walking and jogging and dragon boating around the city

I'm totalled!

Post by 1061 »

Bangers and Mash, quick and easy.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Waiting for surf and turf and Atlantic salmon at Westside hotel, starving!