Post Match. Pies prevail. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

It’s mind blowing how differently Ginnivan and Duckwood are treated.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

And the Suns beat Tigers!!!
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Suns win after the siren! 40 pt comeback. Today just redeemed itself completely. That was so good to watch. Eat it Tigers!!
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Mr Miyagi wrote:It’s mind blowing how differently Ginnivan and Duckwood are treated.
I'd go out on a limb and say that Ginnivan ducks much more than Selwood does. In pretty much every contest, Ginnivan drops his body and raises his arm to draw the free.
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

I do agree with this, he is over doing it a bit, to the point when the umps are straight up ignoring his pleas now. It has gotten out of control and become an issue that everyone is looking out for. Having said that, his antics do get under the skin of the opposition clearly and that does have benefits.

Personally, I'd like to see him not try to move into the contact so often. Head over the ball is fine but don't go searching for contact.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Well the head has to follow the footy ginn actually follows the footy the rest milk it ginn has his head and eyes only for the footy and I like that
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

warburton lad wrote: I cannot imagine a worse display of poor decision-making (or, non-decision making) than I witnessed today. Umpire 34 was caught ball-watching in the first quarter when number 16 threw Ginnivan to the ground 20 out from goal at the Punt Road end.
The two blocking frees against Cox defied any logical or fair interpretation of the Laws of the Game. Both resulted in North goals...
I always value and respect your comments so I’m comforted knowing that your views validate my views on this nonsensical umpiring. However I don’t have any faith that the AFL will take responsibility in being accountable for the horrible efforts. They never do for whatever reason. So expect this type incompetence to continue unabated
Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

the fuzz wrote:And the Suns beat Tigers!!!
I messaged a mate:

"Suns !!

Unbelievable !!

With a kick after the siren. Came from 40 points behind.

Won 94-92.

Looks like they DID learn something from their loss to the Pies. :D"
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Who left the game at halftime I did thinking it’s was going to be a dirty day for us
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Jezza wrote:The biggest get out of jail free card you will ever see.
Yep.
Sunday morning running up and down the nearest sandhills is required
Actually quite the reverse. Fly said as much in his presser. Inferred they’d been doing loads of hard work and possibly need to back off some.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

ANNODAM wrote:Where can I watch the replay?
We have Foxtel IQ but no one was home to record the game.
Pretty easy. Just go to channel 504 on Foxtel and go backwards on that channel , back to 1.45 pm and then you can stream it and also you can fast forward through all the quarter breaks. I do it all the time.
Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

mudlark wrote: Fly said as much in his presser.
Where can I find it, Mudman ?
Last edited by Donny on Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

[quote="lazzadesilva"]

Totally irrelevant stat. I’m sick of umpires umpiring a particular player instead of the team. They should umpire all players fairly and equally. They don’t do this with Ginnivan, pre judging that he drops his knees, even when he takes a low mark that required bent knees. The muppets should umpire with consistency and pay the genuine frees when they are there, irrespective of the player. I cannot fathom how a high tackle or around the head can be be paid to everyone else other than Ginny. That is deplorable umpiring. If the AFL doesn’t act to pull the umpires up, they are as bloody deplorable as the umpires
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

I thought John Noble was great again today. And it was touching to see his Dad come out on to the field and hug him.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

[quote="Magpietothemax"][quote="lazzadesilva"]

Totally irrelevant stat. I’m sick of umpires umpiring a particular player instead of the team. They should umpire all players fairly and equally. They don’t do this with Ginnivan, pre judging that he drops his knees, even when he takes a low mark that required bent knees. The muppets should umpire with consistency and pay the genuine frees when they are there, irrespective of the player. I cannot fathom how a high tackle or around the head can be be paid to everyone else other than Ginny. That is deplorable umpiring. If the AFL doesn’t act to pull the umpires up, they are as bloody deplorable as the umpires