Transgender politics and social issues

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 18 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

There will be no dissent in the coming LBGTQIA+ utopia:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/education/ ... s-pronouns
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Why do you say that?
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

thesoretoothsayer wrote:There will be no dissent in the coming LBGTQIA+ utopia:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/education/ ... s-pronouns
Correct decision. You shouldn't be a teacher if you're going to put your own personal prejudices ahead of students' needs, and this teacher made it quite clear that he was unwilling to do otherwise.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
thesoretoothsayer

Funny. From my reading of the article the teacher seemed prepared to compromise between his religious convictions and the school's newly implemented speech codes.
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

I don't have a problem with that, my issue isn't with Transgender people but with the unfair physical advantage males who transition to females have when playing competitive sport against females.

The teacher was being a douche, if the girl wanted to be called a boy, who the hell does that hurt? Even if you don't agree with it, deliberately calling the kid a girl is just hurting the kid at a time that would be difficult enough.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
thesoretoothsayer

David

Post by David »

One day you'll finally get me, sts. One day. ;)
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Is it fair to assume that a large number of the ladyboys are young gay men doing it for the money or is there something else going on?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

stui magpie wrote:Is it fair to assume that a large number of the ladyboys are young gay men doing it for the money or is there something else going on?
The ones on the game tend to be aggressive and yes in it for the money. Snatch gold necklaces and pick pocket because they either want the cut and tuck or Brendans ( Bolt ons). Or to pay for drugs.

They actually have ladyboy gogos here. They are not in the gay area.

One I knew who has since died of cancer was very feminine. But would tell people she was ladyboy before it got serious. She was barfined a lot and a lot of fun to talk to. She even shared my girlfriens flat for a while and when her grangma died reverted to a boy and pinched a shit load of my clothes I had left there and I never got them back. She made enough money to have the operation and apparently a lot of customers complained.

Others just get married or become live ins with Thais and foreigners. But the pressure to provide money for Mum and Dad gets a lot and they make a lot more working in bars than picking rice, From waht I have been hold a lot of the men in Boystown have wives and families and dance on stage and get drinks then go home. If the money is right they will go with a customer. The indochina countries, Phillipines, Hong Kong and parts of Indonesia are the same.

If you can get hold a book called Bangkok Warriors read it. It is one of the funniest I have read, lol stuff. Set during the Vietnam war it has sub plots all through it and is based in US conscripts working in Bangkok. The narrator is meant to be a Thai copper whose underling decides to leave the force and become a ladyboy because his sisters are ugly and he is prettier and he wants to buy Mama a new house. And they send him to a charm school to learn how to walk on high heels etc. I lent it to an ex Nasho and he denied it and I never got it back.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Jezza
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 235 times

Post by Jezza »

Woods wrote:(NB. Peterson will be in Aust in Feb. Word I've heard is that an AFL club(s) is looking at getting him in to talk to players. He won't be got cheap though, I would think. Guys on a global roll.)
My guess is Carlton.

Apparently Chris Judd is a big fan of his.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by K »

Talk about what? That's astonishing. Truly astonishing.
David

Post by David »

On the one hand, it's hard to imagine that controversy-averse, highly image-conscious AFL clubs would ever consider hiring someone like Peterson as a motivational speaker (and you'd have to think there'll be some sort of backlash if it gets publicly announced). On the other, he can't be that much worse than all of the other gurus and quacks that they usually turn to.