So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Its not often I get real creative in the kitchen, for a reason that will soon become apparent!

Today I decided to try and replicate the fantastic satay sauce the local chinese does.

Was yum. The kids were both like, "oh wow this is awesome". Hubby comes home. Time for the real test.

He sits down, takes a couple of mouth fulls, looks at me thoughtfully and says "it's getting blacker"

yes, my eye.

Hmm maybe this should be in the " would you kill if you could get away with it" thread
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Hah. :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

tonight im contemplating, grapes, hops, and malted barley.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

That's my dinner most nights. I usually have a multiple course dinner, 1 of the courses usually involves food. :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Not tonight :(

Had a piece of pizza, that's not food! :P
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:Not tonight :(

Had a piece of pizza, that's not food! :P
:lol:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Made a chicken & vege soup the other day - a real beauty if I say so myself.

Gone reasonably quickly so going to make double stick & freeze one lot.

Made diced beef tacos' with guacamole & a fresh chopped salad veges for the filling. The bbef was cooked on the enamel pot on the stove then slowly cooked in the oven. that was yum.

Made lamb cutlets with a little of lots of different veges the other day (I've had 3 days off work)
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

watt price tully wrote:Made a chicken & vege soup the other day - a real beauty if I say so myself.

Gone reasonably quickly so going to make double stick & freeze one lot.

Made diced beef tacos' with guacamole & a fresh chopped salad veges for the filling. The bbef was cooked on the enamel pot on the stove then slowly cooked in the oven. that was yum.

Made lamb cutlets with a little of lots of different veges the other day (I've had 3 days off work)
Ah, last sentence explains a lot!

Dont like lamb, hate the smell, but the tacos sound really good
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Whatever ills the USA has visited upon the world of gastronomy are totally forgiven after the first bite of key lime pie.

OMFG. Drool.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Whatever ills the USA has visited upon the world of gastronomy are totally forgiven after the first bite of key lime pie.

OMFG. Drool.
Oh don't do that to me!

I got some at a key lime pie shop in Key West, they even have an ice cream one, simply divine!

Hopefully I'll be going back go another piece next winter!
think positive

Post by think positive »

celebration dinner at our favourite chinese booked, got a nice bottle of brown brothers chillin, a bottle of Hanwood port to warm the cockles when we get back home, and I think I might sink a Jim Beam while I wait for everyone to get home from school/work!

been working on our biggest ever work contract for months, and it got signed today! heres to lots of hard work coming up, and a US road trip next year!!

cheers
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:celebration dinner at our favourite chinese booked, got a nice bottle of brown brothers chillin, a bottle of Hanwood port to warm the cockles when we get back home, and I think I might sink a Jim Beam while I wait for everyone to get home from school/work!

been working on our biggest ever work contract for months, and it got signed today! heres to lots of hard work coming up, and a US road trip next year!!

cheers
Careful mixing the grape and the grain, doesn't always end well.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

think positive wrote:celebration dinner at our favourite chinese booked, got a nice bottle of brown brothers chillin, a bottle of Hanwood port to warm the cockles when we get back home, and I think I might sink a Jim Beam while I wait for everyone to get home from school/work!

cheers
Sounds lovely and well done on the work contract Jo!

If with the big contract comes big money why don't you plan on going somewhere nice and interesting for a holiday next year :wink: :P
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
think positive

Post by think positive »

Morrigu wrote:

cheers
Sounds lovely and well done on the work contract Jo!

If with the big contract comes big money why don't you plan on going somewhere nice and interesting for a holiday next year :wink: :P
Cheers

And we are, apart from the US road trip, (I want to see a few places we haven't been, New York, and especially niagara falls, also a special sanctuary called Noah's ark, that's somewhere in the south, plus the airplane graveyard, I'm buying a big map tomorrow to work it out!) maybe start with another cruise from Florida and drive north.

Plus, Hubby has also given the go ahead for me and junior to do a volunteer stint in Africa, working at an elephant sanctuary, they do 2 week time frames, I'm factoring in a safari tour at the same time! I'll be shouting you lunch to get some ideas for that trip!
Last edited by think positive on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:

cheers
Careful mixing the grape and the grain, doesn't always end well.
It's looking good so far! :wink: