More states legalize Pot 8) when for Oz?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

When will it be legal here?

Within 2 years
19%
2-5 years
13%
6-10 years
6%
11-20 years
31%
It'll never happen
31%

Total votes: 16

Culprit
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Culprit »

Amazing that this is even a thing in this day and age. Drug use is a medical condition and prohibition has never worked. My late Brother was able to score (buy) Heroin in Richmond in the 70s quicker than he could get a Pizza. It's now 50 years later and it's the same deal yet the purity is higher. From memory 2021 was the USA's 50th anniversary on the war on drugs and they spent over a trillion dollars. If all drugs were made legal overnight all of a sudden the black market is gone, they would then shift to something else. I don't smoke dope these days as a positive gets me sacked and charged due to the nature of my work. California is getting a nice dope tax into State revenue and that's how it should be. All this rhetoric about drugs being illegal doesn't stop the use. Make it legal but treat addiction medically and save lives and taxes. I will add that just like Gay marriage didn't make people Gay, making dope legal isn't going to turn people into dope smokers.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Spot on Culprit.
Some states in the US are collecting close to a billion dollars annually in taxes on weed. Yet we still have the crims raking in the big bucks, it makes no sense at all

https://www.urban.org/policy-centers/cr ... %20revenue.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

My brother is prescribed it now.

His weed comes from "Tasmanian Botanics" the strain is Wedding cake x Animal cookies (I love the names they come up with) and its THC content is 25% (the average THC content in weed in the 80's was 3%!).

He gets a 10 gram container for $90.

I had a go at it last week and its potency was mind blowing.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

I'm heading to Canada in July where it's all legal. Gummies seem to be the go for those who don't want to light up.
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

i smoked White Widow in Thailand which i think is around 20% but i mixed with tobacco. too strong for me otherwise.

never tried the gummies and probably never will. its too difficult to work out the right amount. besides, it takes around an hour to work. ive heard plenty of stories of people taking too much as they didnt wait long enough for the first dose to kick in and end up hallucinating
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Woods Of Ypres wrote:i smoked White Widow in Thailand which i think is around 20% but i mixed with tobacco. too strong for me otherwise.

never tried the gummies and probably never will. its too difficult to work out the right amount. besides, it takes around an hour to work. ive heard plenty of stories of people taking too much as they didnt wait long enough for the first dose to kick in and end up hallucinating
Used to consume hash back in the day like that. 45 mins and it kicked in. Back when Hash was a thing. I will check it out.
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

I knew a guy in the 80's who did Hash, little blocks like plasticine. I had a cone one day with him, crept up on me later, didn't like it. I preferred the mild buzz of a couple of normal cones
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Edibles are the best when you know the dose, and even sometimes when you don't.

Enjoy the weed shops, Culprit. it's quite the experience.
kill for collingwood!