The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Big T wrote:Magpieazza, like your sentiment but there is really no excuse for the gross mismanagement of our salary cap. The only benefit is the massive cultural change it has forced at the club. Long term that will be tremendous for us.
Yep understood and my anger towards the mismanagement of the salary cap was undeniable and deep. Ive attempted to find reason and am hoping rather than having any conclusive evidence that there was an end game to it ie the 2018 tilt, but yeah it should have been handled differently.

Onward and upwards from here though!!
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Word that the Pat Lipinski deal is done.

Centres around our pick 43.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Max Lynch has requested a trade to the Dorks.

It feels like if we get an injury to Grundy it will leave us thin.

What is Lynch worth ?? Ripe pickings at 23 years, as bloody usual for the Hawks.
As has been mentioned many time before Hawks let other clubs develop their ruckmen and they pick them up for bugger shite all and we as usual will get sweet f a for the player that has sat on our list for a few years ....faaaaark thats frustrating !!!
So I hope we play hard ball on this and get a third round pick at least.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Pick 59 id say does the deal.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
themonk

Post by themonk »

burnsy17 wrote:Pick 59 id say does the deal.
He's worth a 3rd round pick and Hawthorn will have numerous picks in the next 2 days.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

If the club doesn’t want him to leave due to the above reasons, can they refuse to let him go and retain his services like a few clubs have done with players in a similar situation? Time for Collingwood to stop lamenting and be assertive about getting their needs met for a bloody change. Thought we would have learned from the past mistakes like with Ceglar. Stuff hawthorn.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

I think Max is contracted till 31 October this year, so it leaves us with not much leverage, unless Im mistaken and hes contracted for another year.
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

magpieazza wrote:Max Lynch has requested a trade to the Dorks.

What is Lynch worth ?? Ripe pickings at 23 years, as bloody usual for the Hawks.
As has been mentioned many time before Hawks let other clubs develop their ruckmen and they pick them up for bugger shite all and we as usual will get sweet f a for the player that has sat on our list for a few years ....faaaaark thats frustrating !!!
Look at it from Lynch's perspective.... no injury to Grundy and he spends another 12 months sitting in the twos, watching his career drift bye.

I totally get it. We paid nothing for Lapinski and Kruger because they never got game time. We can hardly swing round and play hard ball on Lynch, just because.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Agree…. That pick 59 does it.

He’s not worth anything better regardless of the ‘development’ we’ve put into him.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

derkd wrote:
magpieazza wrote:Max Lynch has requested a trade to the Dorks.

Look at it from Lynch's perspective.... no injury to Grundy and he spends another 12 months sitting in the twos, watching his career drift bye.

I totally get it. We paid nothing for Lapinski and Kruger because they never got game time. We can hardly swing round and play hard ball on Lynch, just because.
Totally agree. The club decided they weren’t in a hurry to re - sign him, so that’s when managers earn their money. He’s not playing AFL to spend a career in the VFL, so he needs to do what’s right for him. I imagine Cox now stays on the back of Lynchs departure. We also have Cameron in case of emergency and then we simply tweak the forward line to compensate.
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Josh Fraser - I expect him to be announced as head of development.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

I get that Lynch needs game time but would rather have Lynch stay on the back of Coxs departure because you just know what to expect from Cox, but anyway let it be.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

magpieazza wrote:I get that Lynch needs game time but would rather have Lynch stay on the back of Coxs departure because you just know what to expect from Cox, but anyway let it be.
Club most likely wanted to do that but No One wants Cox
I am Da Man
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Rumours that our old number 1 draft pick may be a new development coach...

PS: Shit. Just saw I was Sandra Sully with the late news
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

By the way Leigh Montagna is a flog. Looks like Ben Shapiro, talks faster than Ben Shapiro and really has no idea unlike Ben Shapiro.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum