#35 Nick Daicos

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

LaurieHolden wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1P7DZYHHa4

Did not take long after a Loss for the Flogs in the Media to Bash Nick
Any different to bashing the team in the match thread?
Want to Ban Me go ahead then IF you don't like me on here
I am Da Man
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

The baking was well-deserved, and the footage damning. It would be a superhuman 20 year old who might not be affected by the coverage he has had. One of his greatest qualities is humility, which means a capacity to learn. He will learn from it.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

The 'selfish' trope is the click-chasing version of what was a plain old vanilla drop in intensity, which was evident generally across the team.

It's actually hard to do the disciplined thing and lower the eyes to pick the right pass, because that sort of mental focus still requires intensity, i.e., intensity of mind. For Nick, a drop in focus will tend to look like that because his version of lazy will be to fall back on giftedness instead of maintaining the rage.

He'll learn how to manage it better.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

It's a funny world in which a 20 year old playing his 44th game gets criticised for "only" having 28 disposals (more, of course, than any other Collingwood player) and being our leading clearance player in a meaningless game in round 20.

Quite a few had their "worst" game for a long time: for example, Adams (who has been fantastic for most of the season) had 12 disposals, 6 of them clangers, Elliott kicked 3 behinds and Quaynor had 7 disposals (and only 1 mark). In recent matches, all 3 have been matchwinners, so a collective down day is an unusual phenomenon.

I get it - it's hard to take a pi$$ and wind outfit like Carlton seriously.

Premierships are not won or lost on 28 July. Brownlow Medals can be, of course - and are never won in Finals - which is why, really, no-one cares about them.
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

Such a good post Pies4shaw. There also a level of debate about us as a team, that I’d you arrived from another planet and weren’t aware of the ladder, would have you believe we were slightly above North Melbourne on the ladder. It’s a long, long season. In the next few weeks we will qualify first. I suspect young Nicholas will have an amazing final series.
Dispatches from a foreign land
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

rest Nick and play him on and off the bench this week.

keep him fresh as september nears
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

How about:

Let Nick learn from his mistakes

and... Let's not panic, we are a work in progress
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Pete 70 wrote:Such a good post Pies4shaw. There also a level of debate about us as a team, that I’d you arrived from another planet and weren’t aware of the ladder, would have you believe we were slightly above North Melbourne on the ladder. It’s a long, long season. In the next few weeks we will qualify first. I suspect young Nicholas will have an amazing final series.
I too have every confidence that Naicos will perform brilliantly in the finals and this one outlier performance (still bloody impressive) will be long forgotten. The hack media and their clowns have beaten this up as usual and the hypocrites will be the first to give him accolades for his performances.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Bucks5 »

It is a fine line..... If Naicos had kicked those goals then David King would be singing his praises.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Reckon he'll bounce back this week with 45 possessions and 4 goals! 8)
1eyedpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

I think Sam Mitchell will put a hard tag on him!

I remember he played a hard tag on him in a preseason game earlier this year and Nick struggled to be any influence on the game Mitchell said after the game he better get used to it!
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
Take_a_Screamer

"Essendon great Tim Watson pondered whether the noise around Daicos’ Brownlow bid was getting to his head as he tries to elevate his game."

"Watson also believes that Daicos should be afforded time to mature into a complete player despite his dominant second AFL season so far."

Is Brownlow Medal noise affecting Nick Daicos’ footy?
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/08/02/ ... cos-footy/
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Take_a_Screamer

Here is a comment from a BigFooty forum about Nick winning the Brownlow:

"Daicos will win it because in a lot of games he has been the match winner, had the most possessions, had the most "big moments", has kicked goals and has had the media riding his dick since round 1."

Lol :D
Ash Johnson...you beauty
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by K »

The Bont is now Brownlow favourite at around $2.00.

Nick's odds have blown out to $6.00.

Prolly won't win now...
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times

Post by What'sinaname »

No one wins a Brownlow polling zero votes in the last 6 games of the year.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.