#31 Beau McCreery

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pep

Post by Pep »

Beau is still only 22, will be 23 in April. And came to us a s 20yr old (I think?) which he has improved each season. It may take this and next year, but by then maybe Mitchell, Pendles and possibly Crisp a year or 2 after?

He did come to us as a pressure fwd, so I hope he will be established or primed to make an impact there.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

His need as a pressure forward has decreased a small amount with the arrival of Shultz
With Shultz,Elliott and Miocheck (all pressure fwds ) Beau could be part of a 1,2,3 power mid. Some in media are calling DeGoey & Nick the best 1,2 mid combo
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by What'sinaname »

He looked very comfortable in the midfield last night. Loved seeing his in there, and hopefully this is the start of something special for McCreery.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

What'sinaname wrote:He looked very comfortable in the midfield last night. Loved seeing his in there, and hopefully this is the start of something special for McCreery.
What'sinaname wrote:* Time to dump McCreery & Cox who are adding nothing.
I think McCreery is one of the most overrated players in the AFL. In an era where possessions are a dime a dozen, it's a travesty that McCreery has got 20 disposals just once, and his next best game is 15.
After 65 games, he should be regularly collecting 20+ disposals.
You've been a great supporter of his.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
What'sinaname
Been liked: 17 times

Post by What'sinaname »

^ lol

One, your obsessing is a little embarrassing.

Two, he has been disappointing in his defensive forward role. Hence why it's good that he's been tried in the midfield.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Whilst I wish him no ill will and hope he is back in contention for selection soon, I think we didnt miss his defender friendly bombs onto to the heads of our key forwards after he went off.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

What'sinaname wrote:He looked very comfortable in the midfield last night. Loved seeing his in there, and hopefully this is the start of something special for McCreery.
I actually thought his application Friday night was great until the injury; he was really cracking in. A marked improvement from weeeks prior.

He was on target to get a possession tally PB, if nothing else.

Does he walk straight back into the 22 once recovered from concussion protocol, is the next question...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

The answer is yes Andy. 8)
K
Been liked: 21 times

Post by K »

What'sinaname wrote:...
I think McCreery is one of the most overrated players in the AFL. In an era where possessions are a dime a dozen, it's a travesty that McCreery has got 20 disposals just once, and his next best game is 15.
After 65 games, he should be regularly collecting 20+ disposals.
Hmm... Dunno...

To be overrated, ya have to be rated... Is he really rated by media or outsiders? After we fell over the line against Hawthorn, Malthouse said something like: Maybe Collingwood feel like they have to play him 'cos of his tackle pressure, but more is needed than just tackle pressure. Doesn't sound like MM rates him!

OTOH, in afl.com.au's article on 'Which under-the-radar players are crucial to your side's success?', A. O'Connor chose McCreery:

'We could have gone in several directions for the Pies - Brody Mihocek's consistency, Jeremy Howe's leadership in the backline and Will Hoskin-Elliott's poise and team-first attitude are all worth acknowledging - but we've opted for their speedy forward. Taken with pick No.44 in 2020, McCreery's importance to the Magpies' side can't be understated. Above all else it's his relentless pressure that has become a hallmark throughout his 67 games, with his average of 4.7 tackles a game this season a career high. Whether up forward or running through the middle, McCreery has quickly become the ultimate team man at the Pies.'

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1110299/sec ... ted-player

The most overrated AFL player of the 21st century is Brodie Grundy. So many brainfades and skill errors (and of course atrocious hit outs) week in, week out... And no one calls them out! It's like everyone just pretends they didn't happen! :shock:
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 100 times

Re: #31 Beau McCreery

Post by Pies2016 »

I see Beau McCreery will represent Collingwood in the half time GF sprint.
Not sure how he will go but I reckon he’s got Dion Prestia covered for one.
We’ve never had a winner in the history of the event.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^As a kid, I was thoroughly dejected if we didn't win the GF sprint.

As an aside, Fabulous Phil still holds the record around the Tan.

https://runthetan.net/hall-of-fame/fast ... d-umpires/

Who was the real speedster we had in the late 80's, was it David Robertson?
Others that come to mind are Mark Fraser.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

LaurieHolden wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:46 pm ^A

Who was the real speedster we had in the late 80's, was it David Robertson?
Yes, the fireman

He had amazing speed, I remember him running into a contest and then running 5 metres past it before he could apply the brakes.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Beau has gone back to back with September victories. :D
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

You bloody beauty Beau.

AFL Sprint champ 2024🏆🥇
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

I tried to post that but something went wrong. Well done Beau, the time I saw was 10.19 seconds which is pretty bloody good running on grass with no starting blocks
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.