Nathan Buckley

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Yep even Bucks knew his time was up, said he’d taken the club as far as he could go. He did the right thing for the club and it paid off in the best way possible.
Jumped before he was pushed you mean?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
jonmac1954
Been liked: 19 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Let go Gerry, water under the bridge mate.
Take a look around. We have just won the greatest grand final I have seen in my almost 60 years of supporting the Pies.
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Yep even Bucks knew his time was up, said he’d taken the club as far as he could go. He did the right thing for the club and it paid off in the best way possible.
Jumped before he was pushed you mean?
He said clearly himself on The Buck Ssops here on SEN on Monday morning that it was the club’s decision, not his. He was honest about that, in keeping with his quality response to the whole journey.
SLORT
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 87 times

Re: Nathan Buckley

Post by SLORT »

Not sure what to make of this article. Is he getting himself ready for another crack at coaching?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... c6bf9e2364
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He'll either get the Port gig, if Hinkley's time finishes up next year, or else he'd surely be on the short list for the Tassie gig.
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

I think the context on the article comes from the name of the podcast he appeared on, from which the article is sourced. "The Imperfects".

The premise of the podcast seems self evident, I guess he was approached and agreed to do it.

As far as coaching again goes, depends how comfortable he is in the media, earning good coin with a shitpile less pressure and stress. He'd certainly be on the short list for the Port and tassie roles, but I'd be surprised to see him do it.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Presti35
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Presti35 »

Bucks to Port hey, that could be a good fit. (JHF is a Bucks clone if you ask me... well almost anyway).

Perhaps Pendles will join as an assistant when his playing days are done? Which could put him in the frame to be Tassies first coach (2028).
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^I reckon Port would be crazy to move on Ken. It's their personnel that is lacking, not the coach. Hinkley's done a remarkable job getting them to contend over a long period.
I'd prefer / rate our list over Port's. Port are downhill skiers and lack any definable mongrel. Thats why they're after McCreery and Pickett.
Bucks, if he had a choice would be better off with the WCE list.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

There is a nice bit of symmetry with Port though, He won a flag and Magery Medal in his only season with Port didn't he?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Presti35
Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Presti35 »

Ive read elsewhere that Ken may be the one wanting a change. But who knows?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!