#37 Oleg Markov

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Alright I’m going again. Surely this must be the first Oleg to play for the magpies.

Best wishes for Charlie Dean, hope this is the last of his injury woes and comes good to get some game time for the pies. With our list now and injuries, Will Kelly becomes a little bit more important. I hope he earns an injury free turn too
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Nonplussed: I feel like I have just won two tickets from the Triple M Black Thunders at Werribee Plaza to see Nickelback. As Lionel Richie once sung: "once..... twice..... three times..... unlikely"!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Jezza
Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 235 times

Post by Jezza »

Welcome to the club, Oleg.

Hope he makes the most of this opportunity.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4dl6JSf-bc

Beautiful song, but not relevant for Oleg!!

Here is the relevant comparison for Oleg:

https://youtu.be/oskq-0YZWtY
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Culprit wrote:
glasseyevfx wrote:so the question is who is moving to the inactive list?
Captain Obvious says Krueger.
Try Charlie Dean Captain!! :shock:
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Not so long ago I suggested that Markov might be worth a look at and was roundly mocked and ridiculed by the usual suspects on this forum. Seems someone with actual footballer knowledge at Collingwood was on board. I wish him well.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Initially I thought that Oleg was related to John Mrakov who played for Collingwood in 1987. However I realised that the spelling of the surname is different.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

mudlark wrote:Not so long ago I suggested that Markov might be worth a look at and was roundly mocked and ridiculed by the usual suspects on this forum. Seems someone with actual footballer knowledge at Collingwood was on board. I wish him well.
Yeah that can happen! I remember being roundly mocked when I suggested that Ben Kinnear, Danny Roach, Athas H, James Walsey, Aaron James, Luke Shackleton, Greg Whitcroft, Ben Morrison and Jamie Barham (plus many more) were all going to be Collingwood champions and legends
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

lazzadesilva wrote:
mudlark wrote:Not so long ago I suggested that Markov might be worth a look at and was roundly mocked and ridiculed by the usual suspects on this forum. Seems someone with actual footballer knowledge at Collingwood was on board. I wish him well.
Yeah that can happen! I remember being roundly mocked when I suggested that Ben Kinnear, Danny Roach, Athas H, James Walsey, Aaron James, Luke Shackleton, Greg Whitcroft, Ben Morrison and Jamie Barham (plus many more) were all going to be Collingwood champions and legends
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

mudlark wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:Good (O)leg speed, questionable ball usage seems to be the rational consensus on him. Detractors say he’s just an athlete (lacking footy skills)

With Dean going onto the LTI, and having had a good look at him already, why not

Pinching him from under Carlton’s nose is just the icing on top :D
Patrick Cripps, on the day Collingwood signed him up as he was training with Carlton, said” He’s a very good player and will fit straight into the team on a HBF in place of the injured Williams”. I wonder what he thinks now??
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Wish Oleg well at Collingwood.
Do we think he can also play as forward.
I think Dean set back was untimely for him as if he did not get another foot injury could have stayed on the list.
Oleg looks good nice tall type.
Did he kcik many goals for suns and tigers.
Think he played in 19 and 20 tigers flags as well.
Got a nice mark to him and good direct kick.
Good pick up.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

No the guy never made 2019 nor 2020 premiership sides
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Has never played a final at all

5 goals in 51 games would suggest that as a forward, he makes a great defender