Post Match. Hawks humble Pies . All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by shawthing »

Piesnchess wrote:
Their fans are obnoxious pissant twats, always have been too. Karma will get them oneday. :x :evil:
Ha ha. What sort of karma do you think Collingwood is living under, and how did we get here? :lol:
Geek

Post by Geek »

Haff wrote: Seems our coaches were derailed with where to put Daicos to get him into the game. How they gonna go without him.
Our midfield is ranked 18th. How’s it going to go without its best cog?
Pretty dire now. Will need a miracle.
It was ranked a whole lot better before Nick moved there permanently. Who knows? Maybe replacing that 2nd year body with a more match hardened figure might help us with our CS woes
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by ANNODAM »

maurs64 wrote:With Collingwood now being on the front foot with apologies, I'm awaiting the apology email to members for the last two performances by our team. Should've been sent within an hour of the final siren yesterday.
We've gone from the Harlem Globetrotters to the Keystone cops in 2 games! Really at the G yesterday, you didn't know whether to laugh, cry or scream in anger. Probably did all 3 actually!
Not only has these 2 losses put the players' feet back on the ground, but a lot of the supporters too! I think we're all guilty of drinking our own bathwater this season! Back to reality now for all of us. If we are meant to go all the way, we will. Otherwise there's always next year!

To be fair, I always keep a lid on it.
Even with my Panthers, yes they’ve won back to back & looking the goods again this year, but still I use the pray, watch & wait approach.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Geek wrote:
Haff wrote: Seems our coaches were derailed with where to put Daicos to get him into the game. How they gonna go without him.
It was ranked a whole lot better before Nick moved there permanently. Who knows? Maybe replacing that 2nd year body with a more match hardened figure might help us with our CS woes
Crisp is the obvious one to replace Nick in the middle.And Degoey needs to improve his efforts by about 1000%.
Culprit
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Culprit »

Despite the negativity, I draw many positives. Nick being out is a game-changer and our coaches now have to change the line-up and game plan. I am looking forward to this week and we are going to rock the opposition who think we are a one-team player. We shocked them at the start of the year with all our injuries and we are set to do it again. Nick will come back at the right time.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Haff wrote:The feeling I have right now I can only compare to 02, 11 and 18. It feels like we just lost a grand final.
Inevitably at every flag tilt, the **** eventually manifests to piss all over our plans
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Still feeling broken from this one. Luke Breust always kill us.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by slangman »

3rd degree wrote:Luke Breust always kill us.
Breust always hangs around the fall of the ball.
The only one of our players that has that natural instinct is stuck in the VFL.
- Side By Side -
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

As others have mentioned, Crisp is the logical replacement for Naicos in the middle. Markov also has in spades the other attribute of Naicos-speed. So maybe he gets selected in the 22 for next week rather than sub.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Scores almost identical to when they beat the Lions.

Hawks 16.9 v Pies 11.7
Hawks 15.8 v Lions 11.7

Means the same... nothing. One more win to seal top 2, that's when it gets real.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

I agree with all others suggesting that Ginni should be selected next round. His selection allows Beau to spend more time in the midfield. Our priority is to strengthen our midfield, so the selection of Ginni allows this, and gives him a final opportunity to win a place for himself in the senior team.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

Culprit wrote:Despite the negativity, I draw many positives. Nick being out is a game-changer and our coaches now have to change the line-up and game plan. I am looking forward to this week and we are going to rock the opposition who think we are a one-team player. We shocked them at the start of the year with all our injuries and we are set to do it again. Nick will come back at the right time.
Like it. The loss was shite and the change to the line up while unfortunate, will prove to be a game changer for the right reasons.
Bring Back Tranquilli
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Culprit wrote:Despite the negativity, I draw many positives. Nick being out is a game-changer and our coaches now have to change the line-up and game plan. I am looking forward to this week and we are going to rock the opposition who think we are a one-team player. We shocked them at the start of the year with all our injuries and we are set to do it again. Nick will come back at the right time.
I think you have made a valid point. With all the media hype surrounding Naicos, some of us might have come to believe that it will be impossible for us to win without him. We have forgotten how we adapted when our ruck division was missing.
The next 3 weeks will be an epic test for our coaches and also for our sports psychologist/s.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Geek wrote:
I was thinking similarly, partly out of grasping for straws but more so because so many players roles have changed in order to accomodate Nicks “ gifts “.
We’re clearly a better side with him in it but the truth is, we are lacking hardness and grunt in the congestion. Mitchell isn’t anywhere near his best for whatever reasons, so now is the chance for DeGoey, Adams, Crisp and co to win a dirty ball and just get it forward at any cost. The Cats have their injury issues too and they won’t be running us off our feet like the young Hawks did. Win the ball first and the rest will look after itself.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

piedys wrote:
Haff wrote:The feeling I have right now I can only compare to 02, 11 and 18. It feels like we just lost a grand final.
Inevitably at every flag tilt, the **** eventually manifests to piss all over our plans
Haff, I have the very same feeling, it’s weird and I’m trying very hard to be upbeat and positive. But deep down, I can’t deny the sinking feeling that breaks my dear old heart that’s been good to me in my life. I hate that feeling but my head has worked out that it’s due to the past traumas of GF losses.

Bro piedys I have no idea how it all manifests but it does and usually it stuffs up our aspirations, but this time it won’t. We will win them all now until the finals start and then we’ll see how it fathoms. We will be back in top form.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️