The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Peponi

Post by Peponi »

Heard the rumour (pretty reliable source) that Kevin Sheedy and Dennis Pagan to come on board.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

A rumour or not
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Pies2016 wrote:Here’s the latest.
It’s all gone to sh1t at the Cats.
Mass coaching exodus to come and Corey “ Boris “ Enright is now a Collingwood coaching panel target with Knights heavily linked to the Eagles.
Scarlett could also be moving on.
Remember where you heard it first
Saw an announcement- Knights to Eagles.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Have heard that Scarlett and Enright are 100% gone from Geelong. Take it to the Bank.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Enright was out of contract at the Cats last month so you would think if they were going to keep him he would have been renewed already, knowing there's a big assistant coach merrygoround this season

On a related note: the Sack is off the rookie list and officially a Poort coach now (AFL should put a stop to this practice, goes against the cap) and Richmond apparently keen on Teague
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

With Leppa and Bolton in, we need a Forward coach and Ruck Coach.

Defense has been a strength for a couple of years, but the connection between rucks and midfield is crap as is forward entries both in quality and quantity.

So who is available? We need line coaches all in sync so get transition from backline through midfield and into the forward line in a way that lifts our scoring.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

stui magpie wrote:With Leppa and Bolton in, we need a Forward coach and Ruck Coach.

Defense has been a strength for a couple of years, but the connection between rucks and midfield is crap as is forward entries both in quality and quantity.

So who is available? We need line coaches all in sync so get transition from backline through midfield and into the forward line in a way that lifts our scoring.
Isn't Jamar the ruck coach?
Bleedblackanwhite

Post by Bleedblackanwhite »

Heard a rumour if we lose the first match of the season, exactly 1 second past the siren sounding old mates gonna create a “sack the coach thread”
Collingwood forever, forever Collingwood
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Quincy wrote:Isn't Jamar the ruck coach?
Since April? 2021 yes
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

inxs88 wrote:Some unlikely rumours:

7. Jake Carlisle: LINE coach
8. Shane Mumford: Other LINE coach
9. Nadia Cartel: Other Other LINE coach
10. President: Pablo Escobar
11. Culture and Loyalty Coach: Dale Kickett
That's allota LINE coaches.... Not sure if Nadia's surname supposed to begin with "C" or "B", but both work in this instance, I guess... :P

And surely H.O'Brien to be our Culture and Loyalty ambassador? :o
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:Heard a rumour if we lose the first match of the season, exactly 1 second past the siren sounding old mates gonna create a “sack the coach thread”
Ah we already started one the day McFly was anointed; it rolled over the page!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

piedys wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Some unlikely rumours:

7. Jake Carlisle: LINE coach
8. Shane Mumford: Other LINE coach
9. Nadia Cartel: Other Other LINE coach
10. President: Pablo Escobar
11. Culture and Loyalty Coach: Dale Kickett
That's allota LINE coaches.... Not sure if Nadia's surname supposed to begin with "C" or "B", but both work in this instance, I guess... :P

And surely H.O'Brien to be our Culture and Loyalty ambassador? :o
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:Heard a rumour if we lose the first match of the season, exactly 1 second past the siren sounding old mates gonna create a “sack the coach thread”
Ah we already started one the day McFly was anointed; it rolled over the page!
Yes the "C" in Nadia's irrelevant surname (now that she is divorced) was my attempt at wit :)
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

The way we’re going we’re assembling the greatest coaching group of any AFL club in the competition. The only thing thing we don’t have is a competitive football team to take to the field next year.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:The way we’re going we’re assembling the greatest coaching group of any AFL club in the competition. The only thing thing we don’t have is a competitive football team to take to the field next year.
YET

Recruitment and draft time is coming up. I think we will have a more competitive team next year than we had this year.

May not make the finals but logic says that they will be more competitive.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:The way we’re going we’re assembling the greatest coaching group of any AFL club in the competition. The only thing thing we don’t have is a competitive football team to take to the field next year.
Actually, the 1 thing I think we can take from our performances this year is that we are competitive. The trick for 2022 is to turn that competitiveness into W's instead of L's.
Last edited by jackcass on Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

^ ^ spot on Lazza
When I was last living in Vic I used to love watching the VFL and kids develop. Reid, Sidey, Beams and Brown among others coming through.

When I first moved to Syd I was watching GWS out at Blacktown the year before they entered the comp. It was great to see kids develop over time.

I dont need a win every week. Id like to see a competitive brand of footy and the kids slowly push out the older players to form the basis of our next crack at finals. Im hoping the talent is there that it will be sooner rather than later but at this stage I cant think of anything more exciting than watching Daicos, Macrae, Reef, Poulter with Degoey, Adams J Daicos create our next elite midfield group with a handfull of others stepping up.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan