Welcome to Collingwood, Coach Craig McRae

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Macattacks

Post by Macattacks »

A wag over at EB&W:

"Carlton, sorry for your Voss"
Moore De Goey
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Macattacks wrote:A wag over at EB&W:

Thanks Mac :)
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Macattacks wrote:A wag over at EB&W:

That just has to make the papers !
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by K »

David wrote:
K wrote:'He gave himself a bad under-cut haircut and turned up to the Glenelg footy club where he was being coached by Mark Williams.

“I walked into the club and the Back to the Future movie had just come out and Marty McFly was in it so I got ‘McFly’ for about two years and then I got to Brisbane and they just dropped the Mac. It’s funny listening to people say my name in the news, I thought ‘who’s that?’ I just haven’t been called Craig for so many years.”'
Fact check: McRae started playing for Glenelg in 1993, and the last movie in the Back to the Future series came out in 1990, three whole years earlier. The Washington Post gives this claim three pinocchios. ;)
So you're unhappy about McRae's "had just come out" (which should be "had come out in the previous decade")? The real claim is that he's named after Marty (or George) McFly. It's only a problem if the first movie had yet to come out. And even then only if Choco had run out of plutonium or lightning.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

He should install a Flux Capacitor in the forward line.

What would we give to retrieve Big Sav, or McKenna or Peter Daicos or Gordon Coventry or Brian Taylor

Travis was good too

We are due for the next generational forward
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:What would we give to retrieve Big Sav, or McKenna or Peter Daicos or Gordon Coventry or Brian Taylor
We will have 2x Daicos in 2022
Macattacks

Post by Macattacks »

Best forwardline I've seen:

Dunne Carman Greening
P Moore McKenna Daicos

Sub

Didak
Moore De Goey
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

We won’t have Dale Tapping join our coaching panel

He has signed up with Essendon
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
KenH

Post by KenH »

David wrote: Fact check: McRae started playing for Glenelg in 1993, and the last movie in the Back to the Future series came out in 1990, three whole years earlier. The Washington Post gives this claim three pinocchios. ;)

Ha ha, but you need to remember it was South Australia, the movie was most likely just being promoted. They are a bit behind over there.
Cheers big ears
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Macattacks wrote:Best forwardline I've seen:

Dunne Carman Greening
P Moore McKenna Daicos

Sub

Didak
Hard to argue with most of that but I think any one of Sav, Pebbles, or Travis would be ahead of Twiggy for mine. Probably Taz as well.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

jackcass wrote:

Dunne Carman Greening
P Moore McKenna Daicos

Sub

Didak
Hard to argue with most of that but I think any one of Sav, Pebbles, or Travis would be ahead of Twiggy for mine. Probably Taz as well.
I think it's way too tall as it is. I'd replace Twiggy with Tuddy.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I bet our new astute Coach was watching the Dees last night, taking notes, jotting down ideas. Hes THAT sort of Coach, a real thinker, you try to be a great team by watching a great team, and learning new ideas, new theories. Hes that type of Coach, for sure.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

That he is. His term “coding “ which he was doing with our games whilst still a Dork assistant coach & that I suppose means how all our working parts worked

You can bet London to a brick he would have picked the eyes out of GF
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Dunne Carman Greening
P Moore McKenna Daicos

Sub

Didak
I think it's way too tall as it is. I'd replace Twiggy with Tuddy.
I wasn’t thinking they’d actually play, just looking at “best” I’ve seen. But realistically Carman was only 187-188cm, McKenna only 190-191cm so all in all by today’s standards not too bad.
ad4eva

Post by ad4eva »

So with Tapping signing with Essendon, that leaves our coaching team still two (?) members short.

Given the delay in decision, it makes we wonder if we had targeted one of the assistants from the Dees or Dogs.

The interest in Chocco interest has been well covered. Are there any others out of contract?