Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

LaurieHolden
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 182 times

Re: Thinking ahead to 2024 draft...(and beyond)

Post by LaurieHolden »

^If indeed the F/S is any motivation for the tigers to retain Lynch, he's literally limping to 100 games. On the last 2 years output, output that's another 3 seasons to qualify...
The medical would be interesting, 8 games in 2 years, just how banged up is he? Perhaps if we sent him to Healing Hans, the Dalai Lama and a Haitian Vodou doctor we might just get him right. Richmond could well discount him while they can, perhaps we could get some of the Treloar / Grundy money back of sorts...

Checkers and McStay cut an equal part of their careers as key backs. I wonder what a structural change someone like Lynch would bring to our line-up. Would he be a key cog in bringing us another flag within the next 3 years? Perhaps, or spread $750k x2 over the same time to trade in two x 75-125 game players where we have a glaring deficit.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
RudeBoy
Been liked: 103 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I suspect the club's expectations (or not) of drafting Alex Condon as our future full forward, will weigh heavily on our recruiting strategy. Personally, I think our main need is for a key defender and a potential A grade midfielder.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by piffdog »

I think we will end up with Mark Keane as the additional key defender. He's not SOS Silvagni, but I saw enough this year to think he would provide good service for the next 5+ years (he'll be 25 come the start of next season). Him, Dean, Moore, Quaynor, Maynard would be a pretty good starting point. Would still have Frampton as depth and obviously Howe for the 2025 tilt.

I dont think that the commentary from the coach about a key forward was a misdirection. BUT I do think a lot of media has taken the comment about a key forward a little out of context. He also said we'd like a midfielder and a key back and a winger etc and it was the key forward that journo's have siezed upon.

I don't think there will be a pick to accompany Lynch if that trade were to occur. Richmond won't be bulging at the salary cap seams in 2025 with Bolton, Dusty, Rioli, Baker all likely leaving (and Lynch only has a single year left) and they will have an absolute draft bounty. I expect if someone is getting Lynch they will ba taking his entire salary and that's it.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Newelly
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Newelly »

RudeBoy wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:24 pm I suspect the club's expectations (or not) of drafting Alex Condon as our future full forward, will weigh heavily on our recruiting strategy. Personally, I think our main need is for a key defender and a potential A grade midfielder.
Condon would be a 6 foot 10 full forward. Hmmm. While they can pluck the high kicks they are better utilised in the ruck and in addition the ball drop issue means taller players are usually more inaccurate goal kickers. We forget the FF guns of yesteryear like Dunstall and Lockett were only around 6ft 2in.
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

I think Tom Lynch will be perfect for Wade and the rehab team given Kreuger’s absence from their group this year. He could spend the whole of 2025 there without ever seeing the MCG surface again. Would rather leave him to rot in tigers rehab team. Melbourne may have a spot as Ben Brown has left their rehab team.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
stui magpie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by stui magpie »

Newelly wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:31 pm We forget the FF guns of yesteryear like Dunstall and Lockett were only around 6ft 2in.
People are taller now, many of the Ruck guns of yesteryear were 6'2" -6'4". As far as tall full forwards go, Paul Salmon did OK.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:52 am For years we’ve all complained we keep recruiting midgets. Now we’re complaining we’re trading them away. 🤷‍♂️
We've gone from Happy to Grumpy

If we make dumb mistakes, that'll be be Dopey as well
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Newelly
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Newelly »

^Mobility is also an issue with very tall players. I am aware of the new FF height standards that have come about due to forward line flooding. I do think Condon should be pursued as his recruitment may allow another ruck around 6 foot 6 mark consider key defence or forward positions. Steene comes to mind. 👍
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
Presti35
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 121 times

Post by Presti35 »

Well I guess it's true that just because you've been omitted, it doesn't mean you're getting traded. But it always comes to mind when a good player is dropped.

That could be said for Rachele or Lukosius.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Big T wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 4:41 am If we take on Lynch it would be a ballsy move and likely a disaster. How many old broken down players do we want.
I'm ready to make a comeback if you are.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Joshua Schache just been delisted.

Anyone?
....Anyone??
........Anyone???
:D
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Noble has requested a trade to Gold Coast, what the heck!
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 182 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Presti35 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:04 am Joshua Schache just been delisted.
........Anyone???
:D
@Presti35
by Presti35 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:55 pm
Presti35 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:55 pm
swoop42 wrote:Pick 6,36 for Schache 18,41.

Get it done.

Honestly if we let him slip to Richmond or Carlton Swoop is going to get upset.
It's funny because didn't we swap picks 41 and 36 with them already? :lol:

What I don't like about this lad, is that he walked out on a Grand Final. Sure, it's NEAFL. But it's still a Grand Final. And still something to be proud of. What is one more week away from home when you can be a part of a Premiership?

And then you look at Tippett in the same match not giving a fk when the team lost.

Is his heart really in it? Or have Brisbane just ruined any development for him?
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Ok... hear me out...

Noble goes to the Suns. Is Nick Hind a good quick fix replacement? A DFA/Free hit. Is 30, but still has pace and can win the ball. Chases and tackles too. https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... _Hind.html

Regarding the trade, could we somehow go for Lukosious? Otherwise, Suns have picks 6, 13, and 20. Im not sure if we'll be able to ask for one of those, but they did give up picks last year and are expected to give up 6 for Dan Rioli.

The twins we're looking at are expected to go arouns pick 18-22?
SLORT
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by SLORT »

So #32 + Noble = #20?