#11 Daniel McStay

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

RudeBoy wrote:It's taken a while, but you've convinced me swoop.
I'm not, but if/when he comes I'll shut up. I don't like bagging our players and rarely do it so I'll just hope Fly and GW know what they're doing.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

^
Have you sat down and asked yourself WHY Fly and GW have so much faith and confidence in this decision?? Leppistch had a hand in recruiting him and probably coached him and would have also had a big hand in getting him to Collingwood. If you can't trust the judgement of these 3 what's the point of supporting the club??
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Do they have so much faith? My crystal ball broke and my mind reading powers are on the fritz so I'll take you're word for it.
As far as What's the point of supporting this club, ask that of the people who regularly bag the shit out of our players.
I'm willing to give McStay clear air, unlike what will come to him on here when he doesn't perform, which inevitably he will do in at least some games
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

rosspies wrote:The positive thing is if DeGoey chooses to leave, the Club could not consider getting McStay and loosing our compensations pick for JDG.
We could of just traded for McStay or De Goey instead

Ge Goey Re-Signed so means nothing now
I am Da Man
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Its worked out ok so far.
We get McStay for nothing and kept JDG.

Hopefully get first round pick for Grundy.
Im expecting Geelong give up their future first for Henry.

Wont have to give much up for Fiorini. Hill comes for a swap of picks hopefully and Frampton for a third round future pick i think.

A bit annoying we are trading future picks when this bumper draft in 2023 is predicted but other than that its looking good so far.

Ill be happy if we get Mitchell too.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

^well get one for Grundy have no fear. Probably a late one for Henry as well.
Thing I don’t get is why are we in day 3 of free agency and still no announcement on something that was apparently done months and months ago?
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

Haff wrote:^well get one for Grundy have no fear. Probably a late one for Henry as well.
Thing I don’t get is why are we in day 3 of free agency and still no announcement on something that was apparently done months and months ago?
Had to wait for De Goey paperwork to get lodged Friday presumably. They don't do paperwork over the weekend so I'd imagine it'll go through tomorrow.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Haff wrote:^well get one for Grundy have no fear. Probably a late one for Henry as well.
Clubs still doing there B&F's 1st to Offically end there season
I am Da Man
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Expect the McStay deal to happen Monday. The others will have dependencies.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Pies2016 »

magpieazza wrote:Its worked out ok so far.
We get McStay for nothing and kept JDG.

Hopefully get first round pick for Grundy.
Im expecting Geelong give up their future first for Henry.

Wont have to give much up for Fiorini. Hill comes for a swap of picks hopefully and Frampton for a third round future pick i think.

A bit annoying we are trading future picks when this bumper draft in 2023 is predicted but other than that its looking good so far.

Ill be happy if we get Mitchell too.
Don’t be surprised if we have more than enough decent picks ( read options ) in the 2022 draft, that we simply trade back into the 2023 draft when the dust settles. Remember that swapping picks continues after the end of the trade period.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

The live trading should be great viewing, might have to put in a leave request for draft night.
Its great that we are getting some experience traded in to balance our outgoings on top of some high end young talent through the draft.
Another high quality midfielder would be nice.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

Paperwork about to be lodged. Done deal.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

McStay shall be innocent until proven guilty.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum