Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by piffdog »

warburton lad wrote:Adams to Sydney for Pick 25

Pick 25 to Freo for Schultz

Use pick 19 to draft Archer Reid (Gippsland Power) 203cms and 89kgs power forward.

Acquire Fleeton from GWS (delisted 21 year old 192cms and 89kgs) left-footed intercept defender prior to draft...

OFF- Bianco, Ruscoe, Draper, Adams, Murley and Tom Wilson

In- Fleeton, Schulz and three draftees plus one rookie...

(wouldn't be surprised at all if Ruscoe is redrafted as a rookie - if Murphy retires
Ruscoe re-rookied for Murphy if required makes sense. Hadn’t thought of that.

We’re no chance to get Schultz for #25 (rightly or wrongly). We also don’t have #25 yet in exchange for Adams. Could end up being a second rounder next year or their #33 given they will need something to deal for Grundy from Melbourne. What is interesting is that Grundy is more valuable than Adams to everyone except Melbourne. They will definitely want him gone so maybe Sydney low-ball. Melbourne might also let him go low if they end up getting a king’s ransom for Petty.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

warburton lad wrote:Adams to Sydney for Pick 25

Pick 25 to Freo for Schultz

Use pick 19 to draft Archer Reid (Gippsland Power) 203cms and 89kgs power forward.

Acquire Fleeton from GWS (delisted 21 year old 192cms and 89kgs) left-footed intercept defender prior to draft...

OFF- Bianco, Ruscoe, Draper, Adams, Murley and Tom Wilson

In- Fleeton, Schulz and three draftees plus one rookie...

(wouldn't be surprised at all if Ruscoe is redrafted as a rookie - if Murphy retires
I like it but it falls down at pick 25 to Freo. They will want more and my gut says 25 will go to Melbourne and we will either be left with Taylor or take less of a pick.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

bucking awesome wrote:I just dont get the hatred for the Pies in the media. Tom Morris on SEN said that pick 19 for Schultz isnt enough because he is contracted yet in the very same sentence he goes on to say pick 25 for Taylor Adams is too much because even though he is contracted he is older

Adams has delivered much much more than Schultz. Factoring in his age v output I would say pick 25 for Adams that then goes to Freo is about right. I could probably live with pick 19 going and keeping pick 25 from Sydney given after all the academy kids are picked up both picks will be lower - its unlikely there will be a superstar at wither or those picks in the draft.

Some balanced reporting might be nice though
Hatred? C'mon, that's a long bow to draw.
Stop for a moment and consider that maybe it's not about the value of a players pick in comparison, it's about the value of the player relative to the role the bidding Club requires to be filled.
Ever been to an auction? There's always surprises to what people are prepared to pay, if it matches their requirements.

FWIW, I won't be surprised if we trade our future first for Shultz.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
BazBoy
Been liked: 38 times

Post by BazBoy »

Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and to equate that to the Shultz deal

We know what we are getting in Shultz but not what a pick 33 or whatever will get us
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Sounds good to me, wonder what money they are offering him?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

We need to secure the Compo 2024 end of first rounder Swans received for Dylan Stephens and parlay that onto Freo for Schultz.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Pick 33 for Adams. Talk about getting rolled. Disappointed Wrighty! You buckled.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
jonmac1954
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Not buckled but smoothed the path for a loyal clubman - it was never about the value.
Pies2016
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Pies2016 »

The reality is, there’s not a lot of difference between # 25 and # 33 in this draft ( other than the obvious 8 spots earlier) This draft is a crap shoot after after about # 10 onwards and hardly a tall worth taking a punt on from about #20 onwards. Given the deal was done so quickly, I would think both clubs have bigger fish to fry than to have this still be undecided by early next week. Let’s be honest here, for a great leader and clubman, Collingwood couldn’t get the deal done quick enough. The win is in the salary cap relief, not a few spots either way in a very speculative draft.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

I’d back Mr G.Wright to get it right-and look even not the bloke got the players into the side so we could all be happy premiership happy,s

He is human after all
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by piffdog »

So - the question is now, would Freo accept #19 and #33 for Schultz? In points terms, that’s equivalent to #9.

We would effectively be swapping Adams and #19 for Schultzy.

Let see. Hope they don’t stuff around til the 11th hour…
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 91 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Pies2016 wrote:The reality is, there’s not a lot of difference between # 25 and # 33 in this draft ( other than the obvious 8 spots earlier) This draft is a crap shoot after after about # 10 onwards and hardly a tall worth taking a punt on from about #20 onwards. Given the deal was done so quickly, I would think both clubs have bigger fish to fry than to have this still be undecided by early next week. Let’s be honest here, for a great leader and clubman, Collingwood couldn’t get the deal done quick enough. The win is in the salary cap relief, not a few spots either way in a very speculative draft.
Exactly I think the club rewarded his leadership and heart by getting it done quickly as a sign of respect

I’m hearing a little rumour we are trying to manufacture a way to get into the top #10 as we are very keen on Connor O’Sullivan
Geelong’s pick 7 is available apparently so it might be our pick #19 this year and a future first rounder and a possible pick exchange or 2 might see us land pick #7 with us looking to a replacement for Howe
Watch this space but I know the question is being asked behind closed doors
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Once the news leaked about Schultz we lost some of our bargaining power in the Adams deal as the Swans knew that his spot in the team and salary for next season was now earmarked for Lachie.

While I would have preferred what is now pick 25 obviously as a further 8 names would have still been on the table to select from (should we retain the selection) pick 33 is the compromise offer of what most hoped for and the now pick 46 rejected by nearly all as woefully inadequate.

As long as end up with with Schultz I and I suspect most can live with it.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Grundy to Swans confirmed.

And also confirmed Collingwood still paying part of his salary.

https://twitter.com/tommorris32/status/ ... de%3Dfalse
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/