#8 Lachie Schultz

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Based on the fact that Lachie Schultz would be in the range of pick’s 7-11 in this years draft, Imo Collingwood have done very well. In effect bringing in Schultz & pick 19 that’s 2 first rounders & they won the FLAG.
Remember they are not rebuilding.
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

From what I’ve read Sydney are picking up more of Grundy’s contract hence why we didn’t get a better pick. Schultz hopefully helps address a goal kicking issue we clearly have. Takes Ginnivan’s spot in that grand final team.
Good get? Is it overs? He’s in their best 5 players, we’re in the window, pretty happy.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Collingwood has essentially traded Taylor Adams (pick 34 from Sydney) and a future first-round pick for Lachie Schultz. Five-year deal for Schultz - four years and a trigger for a fifth.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

The experienced players history has favoured us
1990 flag we had Doug Barwick
2010 “. “ Ball
2023 “ “. Mitchell
2024 “. “ Shultz
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Speculate to accumulate
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

We have an ageing team with two immortals getting towards the end. Collingwood simply has to do what Wright wants us to do to remain competitive (or even improve our chances) right now. This is obviously it - or a substantial part of it. The question whether we paid "overs" or got a bargain is stupid, really.

The Club obviously thinks that Adams wasn't going to make us a better team and that Schultz will. If they're wrong, they're wrong - but last year they targeted players I wasn't, for the most part, that interested in us recruiting: They did their homework and had a serious crack - I think that's all you can ask. It won't always come off - but we won't always have Pendlebury and Sidebottom driving the limousine, either.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Culprit
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Culprit »

I think he will be the first-ever Shultz to play for Seniors for Collingwood FC
Culprit
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Culprit »

Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

This seems like a good get to recruit Lachie Schutz to the club as a ready made replacement for Taylor Adams.
The small forward stocks at Collingwood are really good with plenty of coverage in this area of the ground and at this stage we would look to not only have good depth for the next season but it looks like it is well set up for list management to cover the likely demise of Jamie Elliot within the next two years.
Clearly Collingwood is still looking to increase our scoring capability to improve the ability of the team to put teams away as opposed to the recent history of winning lots of games by less than a straight kick, which whilst great to achieve so many wins, it's not good for the stress levels of supporters and shows that the team is only marginally better than our opposition. By increasing our goal kicking capability I'm hoping Collingwood will be able to properly bury opposition teams when the momentum of the play is going our way.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Nice highlights, good reader of the ball, strong body and has some toe without being super quick.

Our pattern has been to trade in players to fill specific roles, we were likely into him for when he became a free agent at the end of '24 but Tay deciding to ask for a trade accelerated things.

I loved Tay, but Sarge looks a definite upgrade on the HFF, now we just have to replace Tay's midfield minutes.

In Fly and Wright we trust.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Time will see Nicky D fill a mid roll but then by that stage Pendles and Mitchell won’t be around so enter the middle Fin McCrae
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Shultz had number 5 at Freo.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

"I Know Nooothing!" (someone will get it lol)

The old saying, 'Buy Good, Buy Once' applies. Or was it 'Buy Cheap, Buy Twice'.

Shultzy has improved year-on-year... he kicks about the same amount of Goals as Elliott, but has twice the I50's.

Possibly indicating more like Adams type forward role, as opposed to Elliott, who plays closer to goal.

IMO Schultz plays the forward role better than Adams. He replaces Adams, and is younger.

Imagine Adams retiring and we get nothing in return.

I'm satisfied to have paid 'pick 19' for Schultz.. He is in his prime, it is probably a bargain these days.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by piffdog »

I think we need to assess this trade over time by what we get with pick 19 (or wherever it ends up).
We have added in a first choice player who is mid twenties and not 30+ so hopefully that also helps keen the window open a little longer too.
I liked this guy before, just a little angry ant who seemed to get it done regardless of how crap his team was at times. Stoked to have him on board.
Welcome Schultzy!
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...