Team for Rd4 v Scorpions - Sunday.

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Great to hear the positive news re Yakka - should be inline for a debut next week IMO!
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

UN-farking beeleevable, considering the form of the two sides.
Rusling multiple goal-kicker 3rd week in a row & Boochi best on again.
Looking forward to a huge 2nd half of year for the senior team
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Does anyone know how Billy went?
Did he play?
jabso#5

Post by jabso#5 »

Billy played in reserves and played CHB/FB. Beat his oponent and did a little bit of rebounding. Very hard to guage his performance on a dud of a player in a very low level when the ball is at the other end of the ground 80% of the time.
loki04

Post by loki04 »

go yacca and rusling hopefully they make their debut in the next few weeks.
GO PIES
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
browny4pm

Post by browny4pm »

rand corp wrote:
Oh, and the other great news is Swan, returns and gets B.O.G.
I think these bests must have been done at quarter time. Swanny had a good first quarter and did nothing after that.

The Booch was clearly best on.
gogulls

Post by gogulls »

Here is my rap of the game against Springvale.

Lonie - big improvement on previous games at Willy. Was a contributor.
Egan - shows flashes of brillance but then looks lazy and misses tackles. Is exciting but has a long way to go.
Richards - didn't have much influence on the game. Spent less than a half in the ruck and some time up forward where he didn't look at home.
Rusling - great debut only tarnished by his inaccuracy. Went off early in the last quarter. Not sure if he was injured.
Lokan - played another solid game and in several positions.
King - kicked a couple of goals and missed a couple too. Overall continues to be one of our better players. May be some concerns about his accountability as McGough and Harrison won plenty of the ball.
J Cloke - I reckon he was very good and was surprised he was not named in the best.
Swan - great comeback game. As someone said he was fantastic in the first quarter. He did finish up with 30 possessions I heard and was steady for the remaining 3 quarters.
Iacobucci - it has all been said - great debut. Gets in and wins the ball and delivers to leading forwards.
H Shaw - solid effort and starting to contribute for more than a quarter.
Davies - much better performance. Showed some dash out of defence and used the ball nicely on a couple of occasions.
Fanning - not much impact. I reckon he kicks the ball too much rather than gets it moving by handball to running players.

Reserves

O'Brien - very good effort.
Hall - on fire early with a couple of good leads and goals but faded.
Morrison - solid but gave away a couple of silly free kicks by trying to be too aggressive.

Hope I haven't missed anyone.

Go the gulls
WKB

Post by WKB »

I thought Swanny was BOG, the fact that he was outstanding in the 1st quarter sort of overshadowed the rest of his game which was good but not as outstanding.

Lonie looked better

You have to love Lokan, a bloke not overendowed with skill but gives his all and gets everything out of himself, something some of the more talented but clearly lazy pies players could learn from.

I thought Fanning was good, strong marks, dropped back well.

Richards was the highlight of the day, he hasn't lost his tap ruck skills and although wasn't superb in terms of stats he played at least 50% of the game and came through unscathed.

as for "I'm leaving to play senior footy" McGough well he had a bit of it but how often did he turn it over, an f'ng lot is how often. He just doesn't damage sides.

Rusling is great but do we really need another forward who doesn't kick straight? (it was a shit of a windy day with it changing direction for a short gust etc).

The highlight of the day was when McGough (or Mcgoos as someone kept calling him) was free running and Lokan was trying to catch him and Lokan kept telling him to "kick, just kick, it goughy, go on kick it" almost as if he didn't care because he is such a shit kick. Then goughy tries to handball, gets smothered the turnover gets to Kingy who runs in and goals from 45. Loved it. I hope that prick is enjoying senior footy that he didn't get at the pies, the tool!
bokka

Post by bokka »

WKB wrote: The highlight of the day was when McGough (or Mcgoos as someone kept calling him) was free running and Lokan was trying to catch him and Lokan kept telling him to "kick, just kick, it goughy, go on kick it"
Great one, Lokan must be a bit of a card.

Great to see so many hitting form in the Willi's, hopefully 6 or 7 will get a go against Aints, what have we got to lose? What happened to the old days of dropping 8 players when the seniors get trounced?