Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

piedys wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:Aaron Naughton is a free agent next year. Just saying....
Have our doubts we could afford him; he'd be up there $$$?

Hopefully Baron Von Himmelberg, or Ben McKay aren't too pricey?
We could afford him if we not were paying for Grundy and treloar
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

What for?
We're doing a good job recruiting unknowns and "instantly" turning them into super stars.
What increased value is John Noble, Billy Frampton, Ash Johnson, Darcy Cameron?

Of course also focus on recruiting best round 1 youngsters for the future.
McStay was not an expensive free agent...more like that.

In a few years, our finances recover and we'll be able to afford a top player.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:What for?
We're doing a good job recruiting unknowns and "instantly" turning them into super stars.
What increased value is John Noble, Billy Frampton, Ash Johnson, Darcy Cameron?

Of course also focus on recruiting best round 1 youngsters for the future.
McStay was not an expensive free agent...more like that.

In a few years, our finances recover and we'll be able to afford a top player.
Why? Because he is one of the most dangerous and effective forwards in the league. Its a pity we couldn't afford him as he is a hard worker on and off the field and he is only 23, and would be an excellent investment for the future in our forward line.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Uncle Jack

Post by Uncle Jack »

The scum don't seem to know what to do with Jack Silvagni. Would we have a place for him? Good mates with the Daici.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Uncle Jack wrote:The scum don't seem to know what to do with Jack Silvagni. Would we have a place for him? Good mates with the Daici.
I have no objective reason why, but there is just something fundamentally wrong with a Silvagni playing for the Pies.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by piffdog »

Uncle Jack wrote:The scum don't seem to know what to do with Jack Silvagni. Would we have a place for him? Good mates with the Daici.
I think he would be a good Leigh Brown type second ruck/forward. Challenge is we already have Cox to play this role, as well as McStay, Kreuger and Frampton potentially, so not sure we need to invest in another. Not all of those guys will be on the list in 2-3 years however.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

The problem with Jack Silvagni is that he is too small to play a key position but not fast enough to play on the flanks. Hence the only position he can get at Carlton is as the No.2 ruckman and at his size that's not sustainable. Collingwood certainly doesn't need a short 2nd Ruckman. Also I feel the reason Silvagni gets a game at Carlton is because he bleeds Navy Blue and tries his guts out every game he plays for them. I doubt he would have the same desire if playing for anyone else.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
I have no objective reason why, but there is just something fundamentally wrong with a Silvagni playing for the Pies.
We already have his brother playing for the VFL team, and yes it feels weird.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Leigh Brown - first round pick, Pick 5.

Leigh didn't quite make it at Fremantle, his abilities became useful at Collingwood.
I think he is a bad comparison when we look at scraping up lessor lights from the oppo. Silvagni is not in the same league. imo
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by piffdog »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:Leigh Brown - first round pick, Pick 5.

Leigh didn't quite make it at Fremantle, his abilities became useful at Collingwood.
I think he is a bad comparison when we look at scraping up lessor lights from the oppo. Silvagni is not in the same league. imo
Thanks for the refresher Charlie. Had forgotten he was pick 5.

I think that’s the type of player we are missing or perhaps we just haven’t identified who it is yet. Could be Frampton, probably isn’t Cox. Checkers and McStay are probably intended to play the same role and I think that probably only has them taking throw ins inside f50.

Although maybe it’s all too easy to think back to the glory of 2010 and try to replicate the individual positions. Perhaps we have different roles in mind which better suit our list as it currently stands.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by neil »

Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by piedys »

Uncle Jack wrote: Good mates with the Daici.
the Daici. I likey.
Is that plural, or a collective-noun? :P
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

Surely Silvagni and Collingwood are mutually exclusive. He was separated at birth with the mighty magpies...
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
I can imagine the Carlton tears if we ever recruited him.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Uncle Jack

Post by Uncle Jack »

piedys wrote:
Uncle Jack wrote: Good mates with the Daici.
the Daici. I likey.
Is that plural, or a collective-noun? :P
Plural. The collective is a Marvel of Daici