What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:Soccer!

The poms not the Aussies!
Agreed :P :lol: :lol: :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

hehe, still went one better!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I have zero time for soccer, rubbish sport, but watching all the England supporters going from ecstasy to tears, I enjoyed that.

Had a high school mate call over todat for a few beers and a chat. Nearly 40 fkn years ago we finished school. FMD, we're old.

He's down hear cleaning out his mums house for sale, he lives near the QLD border, his brother lives 6 minutes from the house, his sister 20, and neither had done far call in the 12 months since she died. Great to catch up.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

didnt watch any of it! cant stand it, id rasther watch paint dry on growing grass!
yep always one sucker that gets to do all the work when parents die!

our annual griswald party was probably the best yet, not as many people, and i had a couple of old friends come, and it was brilliant, including the one i was wild with in my teens, early 20s! ah yes good times! and how lucky with the weather! Saturday it was perfect, no wind not hot or cold, no rain!

and now, hello winter!

just had a scone, a garlic rice ball, and the last choc dipped strawberry & marshmellow skewer for brekky! off to feed the chooks, no really, feed the chooks!!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Good tradies.

I've had standing water under the front of the Toc house for months, but since the whole yard was sodden I'd assumed it was storm water but came up Friday, everything else has dried except the front, so i called the local plumber I've used before.

Young bloke came around today, i showed him where I'd heard a hissing noise under the back of the house, poked his head under, yep a pinhole in the copper pipe.

Went back home to get some stuff, boss came back as well.

No access close to the hole, poor bastard had to crawl 6m through the water and mud, ended up replacing 1.8m of pipe. After he crawled out, had to strip to his jocks while the boss hosed the mud off him.

A whole section of pipe is basically fkd, so we had a chat and they're going to come back next week and replace it with Poly before Xmas and email me the invoice.

Blokes are responsive, easy going, honest and do good work.
think positive

Post by think positive »

but how did he look stripped off??
carry on!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

:lol:

Young bloke, bout 6", well built, does a bit of work in the gym, rig was nearly as good as mine :wink:
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Since the Great Vic Bike Ride I’ve had: swollen ankle, inflamed Achilles, mancold+++, self created food poisoning
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

stui magpie wrote:Good tradies.

I've had standing water under the front of the Toc house for months, but since the whole yard was sodden I'd assumed it was storm water but came up Friday, everything else has dried except the front, so i called the local plumber I've used before.

Young bloke came around today, i showed him where I'd heard a hissing noise under the back of the house, poked his head under, yep a pinhole in the copper pipe.

No access close to the hole, poor bastard had to crawl 6m through the water and mud, ended up replacing 1.8m of pipe. After he crawled out, had to strip to his jocks while the boss hosed the mud off him.

A whole section of pipe is basically fkd, so we had a chat and they're going to come back next week and replace it with Poly before Xmas and email me the invoice.

Had that a couple of years back when staying at Nans, think it’s just the rain but after everything else had dried up it was still running.

Thankfully wasn’t as bad as yours, but ended up claiming it on Nans insurance and they replaced the shower as it had been leaking behind the shower and had destroyed the wall.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Cheers Ed, I'll see what sort of bill i get before i bugger around with insurance.

I'm happy today because apart from feeling good, i bought myself a new Galaxy Tablet for Xmas.

The old 10 inch Samsung Tab A is 6 years old, battery is starting to go as is the screen.

Got a new Galaxy S7 FE with a 12" screen, WIFI only, and a protective cover that doubles as a keyboard and stand.

Bloody ripper :D

The young tech sales bloke approved of the purchase, he used to be an Apple fan boi but after trying the Galaxy tab, he ditched the Ipad and IPhone and went Samsung.

FMD the screen quality is brilliant, when I first moved to Melbourne in 85, my TV was a 14" CRT . I'll be able to sit this puppy on the coffee table up in Toc and watch Foxtel without squinting.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

stui magpie wrote:Good tradies.

That's awesome that he found the issue. Yeah, it's a pain the arse, but you should be good to go with the poly pipe. Mate has a similar issue that cause a leak of hot water which led to mould and, at the end of the day, $120,000 of repairs - covered through insurance thankfully.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Celebrating my Mothers 80th birthday. Interesting reflection with her memories of people when she was young that turned 80. She can't beleive it herself. She's a good stick, said life has been good to her.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

^ Nice. Happy Birthday to your Mum.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
think positive

Post by think positive »

Happy Birthday to your Mum, that’s awesome xxx
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Belated happy birthday to your mum.