Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

Presti35 wrote:What about Zaine Cordy?

194cm Key Position Defender/Forward. 25 years old. 107 games experience. Can ruck too. Has played in two Grand Finals, winning in 2016, losing in 2021. Apparently is a free agent too.

Stats aren't too much to write home about. https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... Cordy.html
Heading to St Kilda on a 3-year deal.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

think positive wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:Ok this is my understanding on current deals
Foinini has $600k owed to him this year we csn contract him for 3 years at $750k total and spread that $600 over those years bringing it down to $250k a year which would be good value
Mitchell is a short term gap to fill a need. He’s reportedly set to earn $800k in 2023 hawks seem happy to eat $300k of that we again we could contract him for 3 years at $1.2m total hawks pay $300k means he costs us $300k a year and fills a immediate gap

I thought the Treloar deal was for 3 years only (I stand to be corrected) on 2023 would be last year

If we pay Melbourne $300k of Grundy salary it represents 1.77% of our total TPP
Coupled with Treloar thats 3.54% of 2023 payments
But with new broadcast deal now in the bank the total TPP will rise and likely by around 6-9% so there would be a net gain long term and a chance to reset our cap now prior to the new deal kicking in

Personally I think the Grundy situation is made up of a few factors not just salary. If wright and McRae think we are better served with him off our books then really we have to trust they are know more than we do which is highly likely they do
Either way some supporters will be angry and some happy and some nonchalant about it
Once it’s done it’s done no going back
i wondered about the Treloar deal too. he had 5 years to go, at $900k a season, but it says here the bulldogs frontloaded it so maybe the bulk of the 1.5 million has been paid? if not and its 300k a season, still 3 to go!

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/12/11/ ... t-dispute/

as for grundy, i honestly dont think he could stay now, imagine the atmosphere! i dont thin its just about money, swoop posted McCreas pre season comments, i thinks its about buying in to the new regime.

im just resigned to the fact that it will happen. im just glad he went to melb and not the cats! They wont beat us with grundy as their addition. ruck is not the reason they lost to us.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/25/ ... ood-trade/
Treloar in principle deal was $850k over the 5 years. I got that from Treloar.

The last minute dispute was about how much could be front or back loaded. I really dont know what each club was advocating however we front loaded a significant amount in the first year.

My understanding just recently is that we did that again in year 2 and now owe nothing for him. Id suggest this is a big part of the reason they are prepared to let Dunkley go without as much of a fight.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
BazBoy
Been liked: 38 times

Post by BazBoy »

After Day one. Bobby Hill
And Day two Daniel McStay

I think Day three will be discussed move for Frampton
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

MJ23 wrote:
think positive wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:Ok this is my understanding on current deals
Foinini has $600k owed to him this year we csn contract him for 3 years at $750k total and spread that $600 over those years bringing it down to $250k a year which would be good value
Mitchell is a short term gap to fill a need. He’s reportedly set to earn $800k in 2023 hawks seem happy to eat $300k of that we again we could contract him for 3 years at $1.2m total hawks pay $300k means he costs us $300k a year and fills a immediate gap

I thought the Treloar deal was for 3 years only (I stand to be corrected) on 2023 would be last year

If we pay Melbourne $300k of Grundy salary it represents 1.77% of our total TPP
Coupled with Treloar thats 3.54% of 2023 payments
But with new broadcast deal now in the bank the total TPP will rise and likely by around 6-9% so there would be a net gain long term and a chance to reset our cap now prior to the new deal kicking in

Personally I think the Grundy situation is made up of a few factors not just salary. If wright and McRae think we are better served with him off our books then really we have to trust they are know more than we do which is highly likely they do
Either way some supporters will be angry and some happy and some nonchalant about it
Once it’s done it’s done no going back
i wondered about the Treloar deal too. he had 5 years to go, at $900k a season, but it says here the bulldogs frontloaded it so maybe the bulk of the 1.5 million has been paid? if not and its 300k a season, still 3 to go!

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/12/11/ ... t-dispute/

as for grundy, i honestly dont think he could stay now, imagine the atmosphere! i dont thin its just about money, swoop posted McCreas pre season comments, i thinks its about buying in to the new regime.

im just resigned to the fact that it will happen. im just glad he went to melb and not the cats! They wont beat us with grundy as their addition. ruck is not the reason they lost to us.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/25/ ... ood-trade/
Treloar in principle deal was $850k over the 5 years. I got that from Treloar.

The last minute dispute was about how much could be front or back loaded. I really dont know what each club was advocating however we front loaded a significant amount in the first year.

My understanding just recently is that we did that again in year 2 and now owe nothing for him. Id suggest this is a big part of the reason they are prepared to let Dunkley go without as much of a fight.
well thats good

extra good that they lose Dunkley too!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Presti35
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Presti35 »

The Treloar thing is still confusing. The Dogs did get to the GF and were looking good until the 4th quarter started. I wonder if the Dogs would do the deal again?

Ive wondered if he would be looking to leave the Dogs too, now that Dunkley is leaving.

Would love it if his contract was off our books now, that'd be sensational.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

piedys wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Dodoro wants two first round draft picks.
If they get that, then I'm getting a pony for Christmas....
You need to post photos here then of you riding said pony down Cavil Ave wearing nothing but chaps and cowboy boots. :wink: :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

If Toby Greene is actually looking for a trade... go for it.

Could you imagine! They thought they hated him before. And its not like the umps dont already hate us.

:twisted:
stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Him and Ginni in the same team = the Boos brothers.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Born to Pie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Frampton only played 6 games for Adelaide in 2022, 3 of them were wins.

In their round 5 win against Richmond he had 22 disposals and 9 marks, and in their round 6 win against the bulldogs he had 26 disposals and 9 marks.

He averaged 15 disposals and 5 marks in his other 4 games, all in the back half.

He's 25 years old, 201cm and 99kg, he's coming into his prime as a footballer and he's shown he can really turn it on against good opposition.
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:^

Him and Ginni in the same team = the Boos brothers.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Born to Pie wrote:Frampton only played 6 games for Adelaide in 2022, 3 of them were wins.

In their round 5 win against Richmond he had 22 disposals and 9 marks, and in their round 6 win against the bulldogs he had 26 disposals and 9 marks.

He averaged 15 disposals and 5 marks in his other 4 games, all in the back half.

He's 25 years old, 201cm and 99kg, he's coming into his prime as a footballer and he's shown he can really turn it on against good opposition.
Shhhhh
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not the pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's son, and I'll be plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes! "Try saying that with a mouthful of peanuts!!" Lou Richards
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

*Adelaide Crows veteran Matt Crouch is reportedly pondering whether to request a trade in the next few days, with interest from three clubs. Who are the 3 clubs?

*Western Bulldogs trade talks with Brisbane over Josh Dunkley are at an impasse. Will he be willing to stay in Victoria? Is there any chance we could get somehow him? And do you think the Dogs will actually let him go into the PSD??

*GWS have left the door ajar for other stars to be traded if the club can’t strike a deal with Richmond for Jacob Hopper. Can we still get Hopper?

*GWS players Toby Greene, Lachie Whitfield and Nick Haynes have all been linked in surprising trade reports. Wholly hell, can we get Greene pls?!

*However, there’s no prospect of a trade for Greene this period. Damn. But the Giants are open to conversations on Lachie Whitfield and Nick Haynes. Still interesting.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by Big T »

dalyc wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:Frampton only played 6 games for Adelaide in 2022, 3 of them were wins.

Shhhhh
Crows believe he will never play to his potential... possible Jesse White one here
Buon Giorno
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by mattdally »

Lachie Whitfield would be handy
If he was available after Grundy deal then I would prioritise him over Mitchell, Frampton and Fiorini.