What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

CTR best game ever!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Absolutely :D
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Done and dusted, I'm now officially unemployed.

Glad i chose to push through for another week rather than go on sick leave, the number of people who came up to me to say nice things was really gratifying.

Went in this morning, hand over with the boss, then went back home for lunch and back for a 3.30 sendoff team meeting. Really genuinely nice people. Handed back all the IT gear and home.

Changed, grabbed a drink, went to check the work emails out of reflex, then realised i just gave that back, I'm not employed anymore, and sat back to enjoy the sunshine.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Goodonya mate, enjoy xx
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Got an email this morning to sat I'd won tattslotto. A whole $14.

I win these small amounts reasonably frequently, never bother to collect it as it just goes to my bank account, or so I thought.

This morning, I went into my online banking and scrolled through looking for small deposits from Tatts, nothing. :?

So went online, logged into Tatts, and bingo. There's $280 sitting in my online Tatts account that I didn't know I had. :D

Bang, that's withdrawn straight to my actual bank account and set up 2 factor security on the Tatts account.

Dunno when they changed it, I've had a Tatts card forever and prizes used to go into my bank. I must have missed a meeting and it now operates like an online betting setup where they keep the prize money in my online account.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Bears putting cheques in. The bank! I save hubbys up,

Not seeing wordle as the top thread!

For some reason it’s so damn annoying!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Finally got the fkn lawns mowed. Some parts of the yard are still under water, after 80mm of rain in a few days, spent 2 hours on the whippersnipped yesterday to take care of them and got onto the mower today.

Very happy the job is done. Also did a load of washing, my weekend work clothes have gone 3 months without a wash. Wear for 3 or 4 hours, throw in bottom of wardrobe, see you in 2 weeks.

They're spending the night on the clothesline to get a full disinfect.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Had an amazing week really, such great experiences at the cricket and a week away from work, even better :D

I was in such a good mood even had some fun in Melbourne's horrific traffic. Had some old fat %$^%$ on a bike yell at me because I only gave him 0.5m of space, not my fault that most of the space was taken up by his fat ass. Never understood why cyclists like to pick fight with car drivers, they'll never win, shows how stupid most cyclists are. They'll be $@&^#, their bike will be $@&^# the car driver not a scratch :lol: Drenched another who was trying to avoid the puddle I drove through, great fun!!!

Even got some road rage on the way home today with someone idiot in a muscle tee on a freezing cold day taking his dog for a drive. He might have been in a hurry but I wasn't, always enjoy annoying impatient %$^%$ who can't overtake me. The look on his face when I finally got to my destination made my day!

Still got the final to come but back to the grind on Monday, so I might lose my good mood by 8:40 Monday morning :lol:
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Do you drive around with Denis Leary playing full volume on a loop? :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

eddiesmith wrote:Had an amazing week really, such great experiences at the cricket and a week away from work, even better :D

I was in such a good mood even had some fun in Melbourne's horrific traffic. Had some old fat %$^%$$% on a bike yell at me because I only gave him 0.5m of space, not my fault that most of the space was taken up by his fat ass. Never understood why cyclists like to pick fight with car drivers, they'll never win, shows how stupid most cyclists are. They'll be $%$ed, their bike will be $%$ed the car driver not a scratch :lol: Drenched another who was trying to avoid the puddle I drove through, great fun!!!

Even got some road rage on the way home today with someone idiot in a muscle tee on a freezing cold day taking his dog for a drive. He might have been in a hurry but I wasn't, always enjoy annoying impatient @&$!S who can't overtake me. The look on his face when I finally got to my destination made my day!

Still got the final to come but back to the grind on Monday, so I might lose my good mood by 8:40 Monday morning :lol:
Cyclists...all of them are f*&king idiots who are the embodiment of the entitled generation. They adhere to the road rules when they want to but expect, in fact, demand every other road user not put a foot wrong.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Except when it comes to red lights and they become pedestrians...
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

exactly, that's why I said they adhere to the rules when they want to.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
think positive

Post by think positive »

My VW EOS is a little small for me. now, back breaker getting in and out, the dogs hate the back seat, (2door) and not much luggage space! So we decided I need a hybrid, not much out there, I wanted the new Toyota cross, it’s a dream to drive but we also tried a Kia (tinny junk!) and hubby liked the rav4, so back to Toyota we go, and he shows me why the RAV4 is a better buy, so we drive it and yep, he’s correct! Up to 2 years wait but I didn’t go for Max specs so hopefully not that long! Went for mineral blue GXL, but if a silver or white comes up earlier I may take it! I’ve never had a brand new car! The ranger was hubbies one and only, so my turn! Pretty excited, hope I get the big bow!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

2 years wait? Serious?

No chance I'm doing that.
think positive

Post by think positive »

doubla
Last edited by think positive on Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.