Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Presti35 wrote:Paying 300K is a slap in the face to the supporters.

If Mitchell comes over and the Hawks chip in with the final year of his contract, that will offset it a little bit.... for 12 months.

What year is he signed up to again?? And when is Treloar off the books??
Believe we are done with Treloar payments. Probably why dogs are not too upset at losing Dunkley.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Go for Tippa!
Presti35
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Go for Tippa!
Just saw he's making a comeback. Freo or Essendon they reckon.

I think he's had it tbh, looked a bit overweight and uninterested last time he was on a field. He's 29, but if was fully fit and fully committed then sure. Also be nice to see Essendons face when he kicks 4 on Anzac Day. 8)
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Presti35 wrote:

I think he's had it tbh, looked a bit overweight and uninterested last time he was on a field. He's 29, but if was fully fit and fully committed then sure. Also be nice to see Essendons face when he kicks 4 on Anzac Day. 8)
Yeah he’s going to need one hell of a preseason! Be nice to see him kick a bag against Essendon on Anzac Day, but it’ll be just as good watching Ginnivan do it again. Didn’t realise Tippa was 29, thought a couple years younger. Dockers will take him but yep, definitely prefer he didn’t look like he was getting frequent flyer points at KFC
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Ok this is my understanding on current deals
Foinini has $600k owed to him this year we csn contract him for 3 years at $750k total and spread that $600 over those years bringing it down to $250k a year which would be good value
Mitchell is a short term gap to fill a need. He’s reportedly set to earn $800k in 2023 hawks seem happy to eat $300k of that we again we could contract him for 3 years at $1.2m total hawks pay $300k means he costs us $300k a year and fills a immediate gap

I thought the Treloar deal was for 3 years only (I stand to be corrected) on 2023 would be last year

If we pay Melbourne $300k of Grundy salary it represents 1.77% of our total TPP
Coupled with Treloar thats 3.54% of 2023 payments
But with new broadcast deal now in the bank the total TPP will rise and likely by around 6-9% so there would be a net gain long term and a chance to reset our cap now prior to the new deal kicking in

Personally I think the Grundy situation is made up of a few factors not just salary. If wright and McRae think we are better served with him off our books then really we have to trust they are know more than we do which is highly likely they do
Either way some supporters will be angry and some happy and some nonchalant about it
Once it’s done it’s done no going back
stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

Any thoughts on any of the delisted free agents?

Geelong has let Narkle go, skilled player but not sure he fits our needs profile, any others?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Born to Pie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Presti35 wrote:
I don't thing he'll go to the shit fight that is bomber land, Essendon’s new CEO Andrew Thorburn has resigned after one day!
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Sounding like Tippa will be going to Freo. Will Essendon stand in his way? Would love to at least talk to him, see if he's ready to commit.
gobbles21

Post by gobbles21 »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:What we get for Grundy will be largely dependant on how much of his salary we are prepared to eat
The more we pay the more we should receive
Paying anything upto $150k we would likely get a future second round pick
Up to $300k something in the first round would be required and possibly some future pick upgrades
If we eat over $300k and don’t land a 1st round pick you can safely assume this isn’t a salary dump as advertised
I’m still remembering our presidents words we won’t be offloading players anymore just because we got our salary cap wrong
If he’s true to his word then I expect we pay under $100k to get the deal done
Bolded concerns me, I guess truth will out in the end.....
By that ludicrous logic the Suns giving away pick 7 with Bowes proves its not a salary dump.

The not getting a first rounder IS WHAT MAKES IT A SALARY DUMP! The fact that Collingwood need to offload him IS why he’s less valuable and we don’t have the bargaining power to demand a higher pick because we need him out
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

What about Zaine Cordy?

194cm Key Position Defender/Forward. 25 years old. 107 games experience. Can ruck too. Has played in two Grand Finals, winning in 2016, losing in 2021. Apparently is a free agent too.

Stats aren't too much to write home about. https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... Cordy.html
Pies2016
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Presti35 wrote:What about Zaine Cordy?

194cm Key Position Defender/Forward. 25 years old. 107 games experience. Can ruck too. Has played in two Grand Finals, winning in 2016, losing in 2021. Apparently is a free agent too.

Stats aren't too much to write home about. https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... Cordy.html
Not like you, Presti. I reckon you’ve missed the best one of the lot in recent days.
Tarryn Thomas. Now that would be a handy addition into the mid field
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

700k a year, with 2 years remaining... that's a hefty price. And very over complicated if a trade were to take place. And probably something we wont be able to get involved in. Essendon might find it easier to make the trade.

RE; Cordy, will be a St Kilda player this time tomorrow it seems.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Presti35 wrote:Sounding like Tippa will be going to Freo. Will Essendon stand in his way? Would love to at least talk to him, see if he's ready to commit.
Dodoro wants two first round draft picks.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

qldmagpie67 wrote:Ok this is my understanding on current deals
Foinini has $600k owed to him this year we csn contract him for 3 years at $750k total and spread that $600 over those years bringing it down to $250k a year which would be good value
Mitchell is a short term gap to fill a need. He’s reportedly set to earn $800k in 2023 hawks seem happy to eat $300k of that we again we could contract him for 3 years at $1.2m total hawks pay $300k means he costs us $300k a year and fills a immediate gap

I thought the Treloar deal was for 3 years only (I stand to be corrected) on 2023 would be last year

If we pay Melbourne $300k of Grundy salary it represents 1.77% of our total TPP
Coupled with Treloar thats 3.54% of 2023 payments
But with new broadcast deal now in the bank the total TPP will rise and likely by around 6-9% so there would be a net gain long term and a chance to reset our cap now prior to the new deal kicking in

Personally I think the Grundy situation is made up of a few factors not just salary. If wright and McRae think we are better served with him off our books then really we have to trust they are know more than we do which is highly likely they do
Either way some supporters will be angry and some happy and some nonchalant about it
Once it’s done it’s done no going back
i wondered about the Treloar deal too. he had 5 years to go, at $900k a season, but it says here the bulldogs frontloaded it so maybe the bulk of the 1.5 million has been paid? if not and its 300k a season, still 3 to go!

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/12/11/ ... t-dispute/

as for grundy, i honestly dont think he could stay now, imagine the atmosphere! i dont thin its just about money, swoop posted McCreas pre season comments, i thinks its about buying in to the new regime.

im just resigned to the fact that it will happen. im just glad he went to melb and not the cats! They wont beat us with grundy as their addition. ruck is not the reason they lost to us.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/25/ ... ood-trade/
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by piedys »

inxs88 wrote:Dodoro wants two first round draft picks.
If they get that, then I'm getting a pony for Christmas....
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever