Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Hunt is not a free agent until 2023 end plus Fiorini has 1 year left on his contract.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 53 times

Post by warburton lad »

Jarrod Brander delisted by the Eagles.

195cm and 82 kg forward

Turns 24 next February and is extremely mobile.

Could he be a defensive tall or a possible full-forward.

If Cameron becomes number 1 ruck Kreuger could be second ruck with McStay, Brander and Mihocek as tall forward options.

Leaves Moore, Frampton, Murphy and Howe as taller defensive options.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by mattdally »

^^
All those names will give us a quality VFL side
Presti35
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

inxs88 wrote:Hunt is not a free agent until 2023 end plus Fiorini has 1 year left on his contract.
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/out ... ?year=2022

https://www.afl.com.au/news/847715/insi ... r-new-deal
Hunt is an unrestricted free agent and played 20 games for the Demons this season, including their two finals. He also played 20 games in 2021 and was unlucky to miss out on the club's premiership win last year after injuring his ankle late in Melbourne's campaign. He is without a contract for 2023
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote: Now that it's official that McStay is coming to us on a five year deal I really don't see an issue with his salary of around 600K a year. That's about 400K less a year than Grundy and two years less
Grundy 5 years remaining so really the same? Also Grundy’s contract was allegedly front-ended
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

warburton lad wrote:Jarrod Brander delisted by the Eagles.

195cm and 82 kg forward

If Cameron becomes number 1 ruck Kreuger could be second ruck with McStay, Brander and Mihocek as tall forward options.

Yeah not so sure Brander is a KPP. His shape and weight is pretty much Reef McInnes, Caleb Poulter or Tyler Brown. The tomahawk would have bench pressed him over the boundary line. He’s light weight with a high centre of gravity also similar to Henry Schade. Remember Schade played 2or3 decent games before the opposition realised all they needed to do was body him out of the contest.

For Brander to succeed at AFL level he needs to be a running option as you can’t rely on his body in a contest. Not built for AFL finals imo
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Presti35 wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Hunt is not a free agent until 2023 end plus Fiorini has 1 year left on his contract.
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/out ... ?year=2022

https://www.afl.com.au/news/847715/insi ... r-new-deal
Hunt is an unrestricted free agent and played 20 games for the Demons this season, including their two finals. He also played 20 games in 2021 and was unlucky to miss out on the club's premiership win last year after injuring his ankle late in Melbourne's campaign. He is without a contract for 2023
I liked Hunt a few years ago when he dropped off at the dees and we needed run. I think he’s still worth a shot if available but we’re starting to get a logjam list if all the mooted players land at the pies. We defo need KPP to play fwd and back, a fwd rover and a contested mid. Hunt neither of those I’m afraid so reckon he will stay at the dees or land somewhere else.

Hunt has been available all year. If he still doesn’t have a contract from the Dees and hasn’t been raised in speculation yet does that mean the Cats or Swans are into him and they’re waiting til post season?

Cats might have a few retirements now post the GF and will no doubt look for experience. It wouldn’t be a surprise for Selwood, Hawkins, Smith to hang up the boots but I reckon Danger and Toohey will want to show off.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by piedys »

195cm and 82 kg forward

Not meaning to doubt The Lad's infinite wisdom... but if WCE choose to delist him, and not even float him for a trade, then...?

And this with Kennedy retiring, leaving Allen and Darling as the KPFs.

So something is amiss, as he has only been there one season.

Freo may throw him a lifeline should they lose those talls in FA/trade period?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Rick
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Rick »

piedys wrote:

195cm and 82 kg forward

Not meaning to doubt The Lad's infinite wisdom... but if WCE choose to delist him, and not even float him for a trade, then...?

He was delisted by GWS. He was traded there by the Eagles a couple of years ago.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Rick wrote:
piedys wrote:

195cm and 82 kg forward

He was delisted by GWS. He was traded there by the Eagles a couple of years ago.
Hard pass then. Michelin star chefs never shop at the Not Quite Right store
Presti35
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

Yeah I dont know what the deal is with Brander. He came to WCE with high hopes. And they tossed him out. GWS then threw him a lifeline and now they've tossed him out.

Something isn't right here.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Hill deal done according to Jason McCartney. Will be announced early in the draft period.
Pies2016
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Magpie Russ wrote:Hill deal done according to Jason McCartney. Will be announced early in the draft period.
Excellent if correct. They more you get done early, the sharper your focus towards the later part of the trade period. You don’t want to be juggling too many balls on the last day.
If it’s done, that also suggests it’s one of our three third rounders this year and / or some swapping of futures to balance it all out.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

From a post on the Ollie Henry trade topic stream, I've copied the following summary of what I hope will be achieved during the upcoming trade period;
I'm coming around to the fact that Olliver Henry wants to be traded to Geelong. Now I'm trying to see what Collingwood can recover from the bad news being the loss of Grundy to Melbourne, Henry to Geelong and Poulter to Adelaide.
Geelong is reportedly going to trade to receive a player, Jack Bowes, and his salary from Gold Coast Suns as well as their Pick 7 in this years draft. I want that Pick 7 for Ollie Henry.
Apparently the deal is done for Grundy to move to Melbourne with Collingwood agreeing to pay for a portion of his salary. ( Madness I know but what can you do?) For such a gift I want the draft picks that Fremantle give up for Jackson which I expect will be Pick 15 and 33.
For Poulter to be released to Adelaide I expect that a straight swap for Billy Frampton will be done.
Hence these trades will leave Collingwood with the following picks in the November draft;
Picks: 7,15,16,33, 44 and some third round picks which might be swapped around with Brisbane to allow them better leverage to pick up their father / son recruits and upgrade our picks.
Thus for the loss of Grundy, Henry and Poulter we look like getting the following additions to our squad;
Dan McStay, Tom Mitchell, Bobby Hill, Brayden Fiorini, and Billy Frampton and still have the following first round picks 7, 15 and 16. I'm sure that none of those incoming players match the class of Grundy and Henry but maybe we can pick up some class to compensate us with those first round picks.
Those five incoming players will add to Collingwoods depth and so I expect our VFL team to perform very well next season but I'm not sure they will add much to the AFL performance but maybe their addition to the team to fill roles will free up others to better contribute to team success. In McRae we trust.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Pep

Post by Pep »

Pies2016 wrote:
Magpie Russ wrote:Hill deal done according to Jason McCartney. Will be announced early in the draft period.
Excellent if correct. They more you get done early, the sharper your focus towards the later part of the trade period. You don’t want to be juggling too many balls on the last day.
If it’s done, that also suggests it’s one of our three third rounders this year and / or some swapping of futures to balance it all out.
Apparently a future 2nd round pick will get the Hill deal done.