What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

I take it for granted how much I enjoy posting on this site.

Felt a sense of sadness seeing it offline. It's going to be a hard day when it goes offline permanently.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Presti35 »

Jezza wrote:I take it for granted how much I enjoy posting on this site.

Felt a sense of sadness seeing it offline. It's going to be a hard day when it goes offline permanently.
That would be awful.

I find Big Footy all over the place.

I've been reading/posting here since I was a teenager. At one point I was gone for a long time, but returned.

Nicks has been great. Sadly we've only seen the one flag. I'll be really sad if it goes down for good.

Every single person that I'm friends with, or have been close with supports other clubs. Other than my brother and parents, this is the only contact I have with other Collingwood people.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Nothing! Doing nothing but walking, talking, laughing, eating, drinking, shopping, walked around the national park area in Burleigh heads, spotted a juvenile kookaburra, he’s was as fascinated with me and my camera as I was with him! Up here with a GF, we had a couple of arse damn cowboys or something tonight, yum! It was actually colder here today than Melbourne was! Walked 18,999 steps, 14.9klm, gees a Bradman score! Life is good. And peaceful! Cheers

Oh my eldest tested positive yesterday, while I was on my 5.5 hour trip to Coolangatta! Yes 5.5 hours, plane broke a little apparently! None of which made me happy! Lucky she has a boyfriend who treats her like a queen! Cheers! G,night! No dog fats no Hubby farts, just my own! Bliss!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Best of luck to the eldest, enjoy the fart free bed unless you dutch oven yourself. :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Best of luck to the eldest, enjoy the fart free bed unless you dutch oven yourself. :P
Hehe

It was the coldest day for 30 years inQlf, the locals were dressed for Alaska in a blizzard! Didnt wake up til nearly 9am! Went to the factory outlets today, Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, 19, 22 Thursday then home
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Goodonya. You might want to check your flights, my boss had the past week and a bit up on the Gold Coast. Supposed to fly back last night, flight cancelled. Put on a flight leaving early this morning instead, flight cancelled.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

We have checked in, just have to see what happens, I noticed a lot canceled on the way up here.

We walked another 21 Kl today, we could just start walking!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Start walking, I'll buy you lunch in Toc when you get there in 10 days :P :wink:
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Young Rocky was 6 months old 2 days ago. Mrs WPT is up in Sidanee again and we’ll both be heading up in late July / early August (again). The SIL is applying for jobs in Melbourne so hopefully they’ll be down soon enough.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:We have checked in, just have to see what happens, I noticed a lot canceled on the way up here.

You walked 21 km’s? Wow
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:We have checked in, just have to see what happens, I noticed a lot canceled on the way up here.

You walked 21 km’s? Wow
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Sun shining. At least it was.

Tricks the brain into thinking Spring is coming and warmer weather. I've definitely noticed sunrise is getting earlier, I could see it cresting as I took off on my morning walk just after 7am.

4.3km this morning in 38:41. Average pace of 8:56 per km.

had the skins under the shorts, long sleeve thermal top and jumper, gloves and a beanie and I was still fkn cold til I started generating body heat.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Goodonya!
Go up to toc it’s a little warmer up here! Finally got away in the van we bought 2.5 years ago, it’s a beauty! In a town about an hour from Corowa junction of the newel and another hwy, can’t pronounce or spell it! Head to Dubbo tomorrow, got to be in Hervey Bay Saturday, spend the weekend, then leave the van and stay at a hotel on Fraser Island! Bliss!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Lol. well done, you up at or around Narandera at a guess?

Enjoy the trip.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Tooraweenah last night, great place, Toowoomba now, chill factor worse than Ballarat!