COLLINGWOOD VS WILLIAMSTOWN VFL

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

~Madness~

Post by ~Madness~ »

Dave The Man wrote:J Cloke BOG and Showed why he should still be on our AFL List
now you've lost the plot. lol
"whaaa whaaaaaa!
Pies4Life

Post by Pies4Life »

Jason Cloke still can't kick, thats why we got rid of him.

BOG for us was Cook, he was really good along with Marty Clarke

Pretty disapointing day, Sharrod, Dawes, Bryan, Holland and Casey-leigh were all o.k
Premiers #08
jonesy86

Post by jonesy86 »

Dave The Man wrote:J Cloke BOG and Showed why he should still be on our AFL List
J Cloke was given BOG....i thought he was ok at best got a bit of the ball on the wing and floating across half back but is still a shocking kick

I reckon the commentators made up their mind in the first half that Cloke would get BOG they never stopped praising him for doing nothing special

Patty Rose was easily BOG seems to have gotten a lot fitter than last season and was having regular runs in the midfield and still went forward and kicked 5.3 along with his 24 possies
Carn' the PIES!!!!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

jonesy86 wrote:
J Cloke was given BOG....i thought he was ok at best got a bit of the ball on the wing and floating across half back but is still a shocking kick

I reckon the commentators made up their mind in the first half that Cloke would get BOG they never stopped praising him for doing nothing special

Patty Rose was easily BOG seems to have gotten a lot fitter than last season and was having regular runs in the midfield and still went forward and kicked 5.3 along with his 24 possies

Rose Was very Good. Wouldn't mind him in the Black and White in the AFL or VFL next year
I am Da Man
magpie57

Post by magpie57 »

Lots of skill errors, I wonder if Bryan has ever had an eye test- he seemed to pick out the opposition quite a lot.

Cox was my best(one of the few that tried hard all day), probably followed by Clark- all in all not a lot to get too excited about.

Collingwood seemed to be playing in slow motion a lot of the time, that and continually missing targets, they struggled for the most part with very few showing senior potential.

A bit of a problem with discipline as well, lets hope they take something from it and realise what it takes to win a game of footy, because to be honest they looked pretty ordinary.
one-eyed pie and proud of it
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Williamstown 4.6 11.7 16.11 25.12 (162)
Collingwood 3.3 10.5 13.8 14.10 (94)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Rose 5 Galea 4 Skipper 3 Urch 3 Lyons 2 O'Keefe 2 Jolley 2 Johnson 2 Beaumont Stretton
Collingwood: Walsh 5 Dawes 2 Carmody 2 McDonald 2 Cook Holland Nicholls

BEST:
Williamstown: Johnson Cloke Rose Galea O'Keefe Stretton
Collingwood: Cox Clarke Walsh Crow Cook Dawes
Good to See Cox,Clarke and Dawes in the Best :D
I am Da Man
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

just saw on the 5th quater on tv that thw williamstown players had to read the words off board on the wall while singing it.

i thought it was GOLD had to put it in here :lol: :lol:
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

What was missing was a lightning fast leading forward.
WKB

Post by WKB »

-magpies are 2 good- wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

just saw on the 5th quater on tv that thw williamstown players had to read the words off board on the wall while singing it.

i thought it was GOLD had to put it in here :lol: :lol:
The reason is that the new theme song was literally just written, so brand new, so makes sense.

Disappointing by us, but to be fair Willy are a good side this year.

I thought Dawes was arguably our best player, considering the delivery in the forward line he worked hard and the best part was his defensive pressure.

I've worked out it's a collingwood thing with umpires, 7 years or whatever with willy and I never saw the club be on the good end of umpiring win, lose or draw. Until today. If anyone can tell me what any of the 50 for willy were in the last quarter, please fill me in. Didn't make a difference in the score but we got nothing and if anything they make the game softer at this level than AFL

DTM, Frosty wasn't ok, he had a barry crocker, i'm not gonna crucify the kid as it happens, but today nothing went right for him, nothing, to the point that he got chewed out by Chrissy Bryan at one stage who screamed "dont' be afraid to f*cking play in front frosty"
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

RudeBoy wrote:What was missing was a lightning fast leading forward.
Names names please Bruce :shock: :wink:
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Well im playing it all low key.
But i reckon Dawes isn't far away from a spot with the class machine 2008 style.
Cox our 2008 version of Brisbanes Daryl White is ready to unleash never ever to return to VFL football.
magpie57

Post by magpie57 »

[quote="joffa corfe"][quote="RudeBoy"]What was missing was a lightning fast leading forward.[/quote]

Names names please Bruce :shock: :wink:[/quote]

Can't say, there is a gag order on me :lol:
one-eyed pie and proud of it
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

It was always going to happen when you take out Lonie, JA, Toovey and Reid our best four players from the previous week.

It's a development process and i think we learned a hell of a lot in that last qtr. Cox really good, Marty a class above.. Dawes was pretty good without being sensational.

For me the only two inclusions could be marty or cox next week.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Unfortunately, not a lot to get excited about on today's performance.

Cox the only player to show anything close to AFL form. The rest were just average to poor.

Cook was good, but in the same way as Jason Cloke - good VFL player.
kill for collingwood!
GlovemanGayfer

Post by GlovemanGayfer »

I think we are seriously overreacting here. What we saw yesterday is exactly what we wanted to see (result aside). We saw a team made up of the collingwood list plus top ups rather than 8 players fitting into a team they know little about. Our VFL side is about growth and development with , in my opinion, results being secondary. Players will be given new roles, thrown into new situations and played against vastly more experienced players to help the senior list. A VFL flag means nothing if an AFL one doesn't fly beside it!