Williamstown lose close one

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

Williamstown lose close one

Post by Dale61 »

Having to play catch up football all day, a late fourth quarter goal by Scott Cummings saw Williamstown level the scores against Sandringham today.

The visitors, however, were able to regroup and kick a late goal and this saw them run out winners, 13.14.92 to 12.13.85.

It was mostly good luck rather than good play that saw Williamstown lead at 3/4 time, as their disposal left a lot to be desired. It seemed that Sandringham had prepared for Williamstown's play-on mode of play, with far too many turnovers - one handball too many, with most missing their mark, short passes being cut off, kicking without looking - proving to be their downfall.

The loss sees Williamstown slide down to ninth, on percentage. The next match is in two weeks, hosting Bendigo Diggers. A win, and a big one at that, is an absolute must.

Score:
Will: 2.2.14 5.3.33 9.7.61 12.13.85
Sand: 3.3.21 6.9.45 7.12.54 13.14.92

Goals: Cummings 3, Corcoran, Davidson, Dooley, Fletcher, Kinnear, Lovett-Murray, Podsiadly, Scotland, Swan.

Best: Fletcher, Scotland, Dooley, Pearce.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."

[This message has been edited by Dale61 (edited 12 June 2002).]
Danzy Rocks!!!

Post by Danzy Rocks!!! »

GO SANDY!!! Image

(sorry)

I was at a friends place, over the road, you get the best view from there! But I didn't really see much of the game lol. Oh well!

danny.... i will never forget you. :(
CQ

Post by CQ »

go sandy eh danzy? wots going on there? hang on, dont tell me the STAR himself *DANNY ROACH* (waste of pick 7) plays there? does he?

neway.
i hate it when we lose close ones!! specially when u think ur gonna win!!

Danzy Rocks!!!

Post by Danzy Rocks!!! »

lol CQ. nah Danny doesn't play there! I just support Sandy cuz I like live 5 mins away from the oval so I get to see them play whenever I want to really, I've been going down there wih my dad since I was a kid!

CQ

Post by CQ »

that would be good living that close 2 the footy!

so where does he play if he doesnt play for sandy?

Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

I recently read an article in the Herald Sun about some of the 'Where are they nows', and Danny Roach is apparently back in Tassie studying. He had lost the desire to play footy at the top level, so he asked to be released.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."
Danzy Rocks!!!

Post by Danzy Rocks!!! »

Well brodie_rocks! told me that he's going to Vic Uni? And she'd know lol