Go Diggers!!!!!!!!!

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Fradam

Go Diggers!!!!!!!!!

Post by Fradam »

I am a Collingwood member which also makes me a Williamstown member. Having said that I was born and raised in Bendigo and moved away but loved the place so much that I came back.

Lots of Collingwood boys play for the seagulls I know, I hope they have good games and that Bendigo wins.....not that it's likely but I will be making the trip down to Willy to support the boys.

The Bendigo Diggers lacks for money, facilities and sucess but for country football it is a team that we need and a team that needs to be supported by the VFL so that it is sucessful and is not let to die like which is being done by the VFL right now.

Bendigo supports football by providing many great players into the AFL as well as many members like myself. It's time that football gave something back to Bendigo.

Go Diggers!!!!!!

Fradam Wrote This
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Next week, Fradam, Bendigo should have three gun recruits playing for them. I don't know if you have seen The Club up your way, but the three guns from The Hammerheads have been invited to play for Bendigo against Port Melbourne.

I'll be there tomorrow, and will have pics of the game online some time next week.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."
Fradam

Post by Fradam »

Yes I know that Dale. I don't get down to the Diggers as much as I should. I'm meant to be a runner for them but I'm struggling to find some spare time. I haven't spoken to Drummy for a few weeks but I do know that getting quality players is a real problem. Three hammerheads will be handy but we need more than Division 2 footballers. Part of the problem is besides Gisborne coahced by Mick McGuane, the other BFL Clubs won't release their players to play for the Diggers when they have the bye. It's a terrible shame that people aren't getting behind the club.

Thanks to the Hammerheads for coming. It'll be good for the Diggers and good for the game.

Fradam Wrote This
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

As a B&W devotee I'll certainly be barracking for the Pie boys in their Williamstown colours. BUT also being from Bendigo I'd like to see the Diggers be competitive and hopefully get up for a couple of wins during the season. As Fradam said, they desperately need some higher quality players and a bigger cash input. From a central Victorian perspective it would be a huge shame if the Diggers couldn't continue in the VFL. It appears that all the non-AFL-aligned VFL teams are struggling unfortunately. Looking forward to seeing the photos of the match (thanks Dale).

GO DIGGERS (& GO WILLY!!!)

Marg