Williamstown v Werribee - Final Score

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

Williamstown v Werribee - Final Score

Post by Dale61 »

Williamstown: 1.2.8 7.4.46 9.8.62 11.9.75
Werribee: 6.5.41 8.8.56 11.11.77 16.14.110

Goals: Swan 3, Podsiadly 2, Adkins, Anderson, Dooley, Fletcher, Pearce, Scotland.
Best: Dooley, Pearce, Lloyd, Scotland, West, Steinfort, Swan.

The first quarter was an absolute embarrassment to all Williamstown fans. Werribee were by far the more tenacious and just wanted the ball more. In fact, the one goal that Williamstown did kick flattered them.

The second made amends for the first, and Williamstown finally began to play as a team. Many a time though, too much finessing and not enough kicking saw the Werribee defenders run the ball out of defence untouched. The excessive handballing often put players under more pressure and forced many turnovers. More often than not, the cry of 'Kick the bloody thing' could be heard from the huge crowd in attendance.

Inaccuracy by both teams in the third quarter kept the scores close, but Williamstown continued to over use the ball, resulting in a lot of work going to waste.

The last quarter began with Williamstown finally getting on top, but as has been the norm in recent weeks, running out of legs and watching on as the opposition piles on goals late in the game. The 35 point margin was better then Williamstown should have expected. Several players need to act on their first option and stop putting their team mates under extra pressure.

I haven't mentioned any player by name as I don't really want to upset anyone, but if I witness another performance as bad as this again, I wont be so lenient.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."

[This message has been edited by Dale61 (edited 14 May 2002).]
paulie

Post by paulie »

Any surprises today that might effect the line up for the doggies game????
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Nothing surprising, only that Scotland and Steinfort lined up for the Seagulls. Molloy was sitting with MM in the grandstand, but no sign of Cummings.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."