Willy V Box Hill Dawks

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

paulie

Willy V Box Hill Dawks

Post by paulie »

Anyone know how we got on against the dawks ressies today. Score ,best players goal kickers????
ramjet21

Post by ramjet21 »

not sure of best players etc but was watching the scores on sportswatch. willy led for most of the first half before box hill steam rolled them in the second half. cant even remember the exact score now. box hill were up by a goal mid way thru the 3rd (77-70) and the final score was something like 124-85. or there abouts anyway.......
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Williamstown v Box Hill

Will: 5.1.31 9.3.57 11.4.70 13.4.82
BH : 2.5.17 6.7.43 11.11.77 18.17.125

Best: A. Fletcher, D. DeAngelis, N. Lovett-Murray, C. Rippon, P. Dooley, R. Cole.

Goals: Kinnear 3, Anderson 2, Dimattina, Dooley, Lovett-Murray, Cole, Podsiadly, Adams, Pearce, Rippon.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't it be nice to see Fletcher in our team!

GO PIES & GO WILLY!
Marg
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

With Tyson Lane retiring, wouldn't that open the way to add one more player to the final playing list? Maybe they are giving Tyson some time to think his decision before making the addition.
Would Fletcher be the best option for the short term, or would promoting a rookie be the best option for the future?

[This message has been edited by Dale61 (edited 23 April 2002).]
bokka

Post by bokka »

YOu mean they still could promote Fletcher? he seems to have been best or in top 3 every game so far. I thought it was too late for this year because he has to be drafted.
Well maybe he'll stake a claim for next year at least, but then someone else might snap him up...
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

I know there's been talk about re-introducing the mid-season draft but I haven't heard anything more about it and whether it is actually an option.

If they don't bring it in, then we'd have to wait for the end of the season to draft Fletcher, and even then, what's the chance that another team might pick him up before we do???

GO PIES!
Marg
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

The AFL seem to change the rules to suit themselves, and always against the interests of Collingwood - or so it seems - so the motion of Adrian Fletcher could still be possible. I am unsure on whether Tyson Lane is still a listed player, but if not, there is still an open slot in the Collingwood list.

However, as you mentioned, although Fletcher wasn't drafted, promoting him would seem to be impossible, so therefore, a rookie will be promoted to the senior list, which then leaves a place available on the rookie list.

Maybe Fletcher can be allocated one of veteran slots on the senior list.

Food for thought...

Rinnovator

Post by Rinnovator »

Living in Perth and having to put up with coverage of every wet toast and dorkers game week in week out, over the last few years, I was a big fan of Adrian Fletcher. Every week he was in the top five possesion getters (more often top 3) and he has a tremendous football brain. Would love to see him don the black and white as I was stoked pre-seaon to hear he was training with the pies. Good to hear he is kicking but, although I have friends here playing in WAFL that used to play for box hill so there not too impressed!!!