Magpie Trivia

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpie Since 1986

Post by Magpie Since 1986 »

I will have a go at question - but I can't think of the answer so someone else will have to help me out with that :lol:

Chris Tarrant was the last Collingwood player to kick a goal after the siren to win a game of footy for the pies - (doing this against Adelaide a few years back).
The question is, before Tarrant, who is the next most recent player to kick a goal after the siren to win a game for the pies? (Include year, round and who we were playing)
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

MS86, its MG's turn, as he answered the previous question correctly. So this one does not really count, but what the heck? :)

No-one, from Collingwood, has ever kicked a goal after the siren to win a match. 'Ginger' Ryan booted one through the big sticks to draw a match, in round two of 1935 against Fitzroy.
Magpie Since 1986

Post by Magpie Since 1986 »

Johnson#26 wrote:MS86, its MG's turn, as he answered the previous question correctly. So this one does not really count, but what the heck? :)

No-one, from Collingwood, has ever kicked a goal after the siren to win a match. 'Ginger' Ryan booted one through the big sticks to draw a match, in round two of 1935 against Fitzroy.
Oops sorry, I haven't posted in this thread before didn't know the rules. :oops:
As for the answer that is pretty amazing if Taz was the first pie to do it.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Don't worry about it. :) We'll have to see if MG catches the thread before it is too late!
raymond35

Post by raymond35 »

1964?
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

1975?
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

New question:

Who am I?

I was drafted to the Pies at the end of 2001 - I had blond hair, lasted on the list for only one season, and never played a senior game. Hint: I resembled Tarkyn Lockyer.

Who am I?
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

How recently? What's your sign? What time is it there? That input matched my default category. What do you do in your spare time?
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

It's not Tarkyn Lockyer's evil twin then?
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Answer is Leith Teakle.

New question (lets get this moving again):

Who wore number five prior to Nathan Buckley?
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Ron Mckeown.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Correct. Your go Stui.

From now on, to keep the game flowing, posters have two days to ask the new question. If not, I will ask a new one (as it will too easily slide down the page).
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

OK. Easy one.

Who coached Collingwood to the historic 4th consecutive flag in 1930?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mountains Magpie

Post by Mountains Magpie »

Well, the record books say Jock but he was at home in bed with the 'flu.

Syd Coventry provided on-field leadership & Bob Rush did the half time address. The AFL recognise Jock as the premiership winning coach though but jeez, he must have been real crook not to attend at all !!!!
Spiral progress, unstoppable,
exhausted sources replaced by perversion
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Mountains Magpie wrote:Well, the record books say Jock but he was at home in bed with the 'flu.

Syd Coventry provided on-field leadership & Bob Rush did the half time address. The AFL recognise Jock as the premiership winning coach though but jeez, he must have been real crook not to attend at all !!!!
kee rect.

Bob Rush was the one I was after. He apparently told them at half time that Jock would be listening on the radio.