Willy V Sandringham

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

I would guess Heath was the shaw in the best

Zane Leonard was the biggest positive as well as Davo taking some great grabs and getting through the game on the wing, now that explains why he hasnt been kicking any goals lately

O'Brien in the best? Suprised by that, was beaten soundly by Saunter, some poor kicking didnt help Saunter. Did alright when moved off him though I guess

Jase didnt play badly, not much work for the defense suprisingly, alot of goals kicked on the run over the defences heads. Took the mark of day and did well around the ground

Big bad Billy didnt get much opportunity as they were smashed all over the place
surfer1

Post by surfer1 »

steviewonder36 wrote:Gee, C1 not in the best players, doesn't bode well for his return next week.
Yet sun herald has him in best
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

molloymagic wrote:I thought i heard on the radio that Williamstown won? It was a melbourne station i was listening to
Good old MMM, always wrong about Williamstown results, heard them say we won many times only to find out we lost
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

BTW eddie I'm pretty sure Brayden was the Shaw in the bests - Herald Sun said that he impressed through-out the day, and didn't mention Heater.

I'm thinking it's time to introduce Braydos to his Black and White jumper. Get someone who loves the club and wouldnt disgrace that jumper in the side.
WKB

Post by WKB »

i'm always confused to see if I watch the same game as some of the so called pundits. There honestly wasn't much to write home about at all. I mean some of these players new if they stoop up today they would be a certain for a recall but I'm not sure any of them played any better than the 22 on friday night.

I personally thought heath was the better of the two Shaws. Clokey wasn't all that effective. Tex walker only seems to be getting worse, to his credit I thought williams did ok (though not superstar standard or certain recall type football but played on the last line of defence that was under constant pressure and run up the ground a bit and took a fairly decent knock to the eye that looks like it got stitched up ie. put his head over the pill).

Tom davidson wasn't all that flash but he missed goals on the run under no pressure on his left foot so he is a certainty for a spot in collingwoods forward line.

And although he isn't on the collingwood list I must say I hate Rayden tallis. he is as useless as bat sh*t! He is an assistant coach down there and I never here him talk on the field, not in support or marshalling the players, or helping to direct the young kids into better positions. And I know they say Browny was pretty quite on the field for Collingwood but what he didn't say he made up for in his actions, something tallis never does, his attack on the football his poor at best and very rarely wins a one on one duel. And he found time to mouth of to me over the fence when I questioned one of his efforts in the 1st quarter which shows how switched on he is. I was hoping when we got him we would have another Fletcher who was superb at Williamstown, but so far he has been incredibly dissappointing.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Regardless of our recent dismal form at Willy, I still think its time to give some of these kids a run and see just who might have a future in the Black and White.

Heater and Braydes, Davidson, Yakka, Davies should all at least get a run, (or another run in some cases) before the year is out. Not saying we pick them all at once, just saying we rotated them through the squad through to the end of the year.

Wouldn't mind it if we could manufacture a way to give Zane and Hert a run too, suerly we have or could manufacture enough long term injuries.

Perhaps, Josh, Guy, Ant could all join Rhyce and King in having the rest of the year off, Taz could go in for his operation as well and we could go for the priority pick.
paulie

Post by paulie »

Sorry about that guys I to heard on the radio that Willy had won!!! :?
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

leonmagic wrote:BTW eddie I'm pretty sure Brayden was the Shaw in the bests - Herald Sun said that he impressed through-out the day, and didn't mention Heater.

I'm thinking it's time to introduce Braydos to his Black and White jumper. Get someone who loves the club and wouldnt disgrace that jumper in the side.
I definately thought Heath was better, but Brayden seems to have dyed his hair so is hard to spot, couldnt tell the midfielders apart most of the day with Yakka, Brayden, no12 in there, all had dark hair

WKB, I agree no one stood out, but Davo getting more and more game time and playing on a wing is a positive for his fitness

Clokey was a bit lost as his opponent was trying to drag him away most of the day and Sandy were kicking goals on the run most of the time making him ineffective but still was solid and took some nice grabs

As for Tex, I thought it was one of his better games, mainly because he didnt have much to do and didnt give away a bag of goals for a change :P

As for Tallis not talking, he definately did plenty of talking to the crowd absolutely abusing someone near me which also got the watergirl telling the bloke off

On Willy players, one player I was dissapointed in was Lloydy. I think he is in the best but his kicking, especially for goal was hopeless
WKB

Post by WKB »

WKB, I agree no one stood out, but Davo getting more and more game time and playing on a wing is a positive for his fitness

As for Tallis not talking, he definately did plenty of talking to the crowd absolutely abusing someone near me which also got the watergirl telling the bloke off

I agree about Davo the more time on the park is better for him and the club my comment about his shot at goal was more born out frustration of any collingwoods ability to kick straight at the moment (bucks excepted).

As for the abuse directed at the person on the sideline, sadly that was directed at me. I make a goose of myself at the footy sometimes but I like to think I wear my heart on my sleeve and wouldn't be so dissappointed if I didn't think they could play much better (which I've seen this year) but that effort to spoil Chad Liddel bordered on pathetic and I told him and he yelled back which only shows his lack of concentration on the footy field which is a great example for the kids in the side. And my yelling for the forwards to play in front as the ball was turned over just before that was more than warranted. Willy were fumbling the ball or handballing to a teammate under pressure and all the kicks to the forward line were rushed kicks with no real direction and if you play in front of your opponent you have more of a chance to mark, get a free kick and if it goes over both of you he is turned away and has no choice but to try and get a rushed behind under pressure or force it over the boundary which can get a free kick against him. Unfortunately the forwards were led to the ball on almost every occassion and it was just ordinary decision making on behalf of many of them.

But if someone can name a great or even good game Tallis has played for Willy I'd love to get a copy of it. I"ve seen one or two servicable games where he didn't do any bad but his leadership vocally or onfield actions seem almost nonexistent.