Williamstown v Werribee

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

AbsoluteTallant

Post by AbsoluteTallant »

deck wrote:
jackcass wrote:I think it was actually the Shaw of the Heath variety that was named in the best players. Can anybody confirm which Shaw it was.
You are right. Reported in the herald sun as heath shaw who was named in the best not brayden.
You trust the Herald Sun to get it right? ha ha. There's a laugh.

the VFL content management system - hosted by sportingpulse.com.au and buried deep in their pathetic web site - says H. Shaw:

Willi v Werribee results

Who knows they could have got it wrong though.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Right, I see the Herald Scum listed Heath among the best.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 42,00.html
Canberra

Post by Canberra »

The word is that both played well. Heath has been pretty good for a few weeks. Didn't do too well in the Bux comeback game but has also stood out at training.
Someone will come in for Egan and I think Woey might be back in Blue and Gold. Either Shaw would be a welcome addition. We can put in Yakka for Lokan as well.
Do not adjust your mind. The fault is in reality.
Your Joking Me!!

Post by Your Joking Me!! »

Everything that I have seen has had B.Shaw in the best...
Head over the ball or head over to the pine
Magpie_5

Post by Magpie_5 »

From the Williamstown website:

http://williamstown.goal.com.au/default ... &aid=95809

Best Players:
Davis, Dukes, B. Shaw, Cloke, Iacobucci, Cranage.
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

the commentators on abc don't even know which one is which.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Pretty easy. One has red hair one has blonde hair. :?
themilleys

Post by themilleys »

I was there on Sunday and there were some promising signs

In my opinion Yakka and Brayden were the best players on the ground along with Galea from Williamstown. Often the Yakka got the ball in a pack and fed it out to Shaw.

Leon was good but not startling. However, he did stand up when it counted in the last quarter. It looks like he is being played purely in the midfield to get some Kms into his legs.

Coley was very good. Split a pack wide open in the first contest and continued to be physical and provide run from the backline all day. Had glimpses of the Richard Cole we love to see.

Heath Shaw very good

Rusling (sporting a shaved head) played on Podisadly and played quite well. I think he was the only guy who would be able to keep up with Pods on a lead. Was switched to Full Forward in the last quarter took a great mark on the lead and coverted from 5 metres in from the boundry around 50metres out. Worked hard all day and his ability to run down an opponent from metres behind is amazing

Ben Davies. Good, missed a few targets though

Brent Hall, Provided a good contest in the ruck but had limited influence around the ground.

Clokey was good, seems to need to be a little more attacking sometimes as he punched / kicked the ball away when he could have marked it. Having said that, he was rock solid in defence

Obrien was good. Provide run all day

Williams was non existant.

Tex didnt play due to injury and was a late withdrawal.

In all it was a very good team effort

In the reserves Billy Morrison attacked the ball well, marked strongly and should have kicked 4 goals in the last quarter. Seems to be developing a bit of aggression toward the ball and the opponent.
themilleys

Post by themilleys »

I forgot to mention that Davo was barely noticed and he is still limping which is not a good sign ( He was limping two weeks ago against Geelong too) and seems to lack confidence to take a long lead

Zane was very good in the Reserves. Good to see him get through two games in a row.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Thanks TM, much appreciated
MagpieGrant

Post by MagpieGrant »

Davo sounds like he is gornnn. Its a shame really because he sounded like he had a lot of potential.
In football there is no shade of grey.
loki04

Post by loki04 »

lets hope not
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Davo looked fairly fit today. Trained with the main group.
loki04

Post by loki04 »

Channel 10 just gave fox footy a big rating game fools.
Even Wayne Swass thinks its dumb idea he said on FOX FOOTY last night we'll take that game any time what are they thinking thats a big rating game.Then I'm a Collingwood hater Mike Sheehan goes "swatta it is a national comp is it not , I say all power to 'em".
What a f..ken looser he is whith his f..ked up speech impedement what is it with him and Caroline(i make up bullshit for a story)Wilson has a lisp must be a requirement for becoming a sh.t journo.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

loki04 wrote:Channel 10 just gave fox footy a big rating game fools.
Even Wayne Swass thinks its dumb idea he said on FOX FOOTY last night we'll take that game any time what are they thinking thats a big rating game.Then I'm a Collingwood hater Mike Sheehan goes "swatta it is a national comp is it not , I say all power to 'em".
What a f..ken looser he is whith his f..ked up speech impedement what is it with him and Caroline(i make up bullshit for a story)Wilson has a lisp must be a requirement for becoming a sh.t journo.
Ok, whats that got to do with Williamstown v Werribee???