Williamstown v Werribee

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

Rusling was Full back for 3 quarters moved to FF in last quarter.

Kicked a lllllong goal and couple of fantastic run downs of opponents.
Pants & Rowdy

Post by Pants & Rowdy »

Given Morrison is showing a glimer of form we must look at promoting him to encourage his current run of form.
He was a first round pick a couple of drafts ago and he has played more games in the reserves then he has for Willy firsts.

We need to see what he can do when things start going well for him.

Its unfair to say he has to start for the rezzies before we promote him to willy 1sts cos a lot of players get call ups without blitzing against a side.
12 goals in three weeks and a best- ish should warrant a promotion.

Dump Walker ...my faith in him making it is a league player is going ....going.....gone!!
Never Forget the #42
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Walker wasnt even listed on the team list on the VFL site, so he musnt have played? or else they have forgotten him, not hard to do as he doesnt get near it much
loki04

Post by loki04 »

How did davidson,davis and O'brien play ?
Fanning is a fair way off but we don't have much else in the ruck due to injuries but I was wondering how Hall would go as he looks much stronger bodied.Have they used him in the ruck much ?
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

The Willy results look promising. I've been hanging out for Brayden to get a call up - he'd have to be close now. I saw an interview with him last week and he just seemed to have a more mature physical and psychological presence about him than in the past. Here's hoping he's one of the gun midfielders the club is looking for.

I'm also waiting for Neon to get another crack because he didn't look too bad prior to getting injured. I know he's got his critics, but it would be a big bonus if he also stepped up and matured.
hoggy

Post by hoggy »

Good to see Leon BOG.
Barge
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Good to see Yakka in there. Certainly will get a game this week.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I'd hope so.... at Woewodin's or Lokan's expense. But more likely for Egan, to give him time to recuperate and regain confidence.
surfer1

Post by surfer1 »

no mention of cole oh dear
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Dump Walker ...my faith in him making it is a league player is going ....going.....gone!!
Recently signed to a two year deal. :?
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

I think it was actually the Shaw of the Heath variety that was named in the best players. Can anybody confirm which Shaw it was.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Eddiesmitth, Rusling played tthree quarter in defence (under MM's instructions for some reason!) Went forward in the last.
Heater_39

Post by Heater_39 »

Fantastic to see us win against the undefeated top side in Werribee.

We also defeated the undefeated top side in the Bendigo Bombers earlier in the year when they were on a roll, so there are some good signs for Willy.

I was having a look at the paper today and we still are sitting low down on the table at 4 wins 7 losses.

Does anyone who follows Willy on a consistent basis think that we are a realistic chance of sneaking into the finals?
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Taz, we also beat Scorpions, who were undefeated at the time.

The reserves suffered their first loss of the season as well, and were beaten fairly easily going by the scores. Could be the wake-up call they needed for yet another shot at a premiership.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
deck

Post by deck »

jackcass wrote:I think it was actually the Shaw of the Heath variety that was named in the best players. Can anybody confirm which Shaw it was.
You are right. Reported in the herald sun as heath shaw who was named in the best not brayden.
My brains alco hostile like the gaza strip.