Williamstown v Box Hill- Finally a win

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

I was amazed at the crowd. Biggest I have been at for a VFA/VFL game. I thought Fanning was great and B.Shaw was very good early before running out of steam late in the game. I thought Clokey was good and should have been awarded a couple of marks that they didnt pay. I will try to upload some pics when I get home from work.
Genesis 1:1
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

we gave Guy Richards 4 years until he got a gig, this is Brent Hall's 2nd year. He is going to be a good player!
Although Guy had injuries. Brent hasn't shown us much yet.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Has some nice person got some pics that we could put on here and Nick's Collingwood Page? :D
hoggy

Post by hoggy »

Herald-Sun does.
Barge
Magpie_5

Re: Williamstown v Box Hill- Finally a win

Post by Magpie_5 »

eddiesmith wrote: In the ressies, Leonard looked good and fit, Billy was shocking, couldnt touch it all day and wasnt helped by the hate of the umpires towards him
Morrison kicked 5. Must have touched it at least a little :roll:
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Unfortunately for Billy he's not a Cloke! ;-)
hoggy

Re: Williamstown v Box Hill- Finally a win

Post by hoggy »

Magpie_5 wrote:
eddiesmith wrote: In the ressies, Leonard looked good and fit, Billy was shocking, couldnt touch it all day and wasnt helped by the hate of the umpires towards him
Morrison kicked 5. Must have touched it at least a little :roll:
I only saw the second half but he didn't touch the ball in it and gave away 3 free kicks (2 off the ball) and gave the finger to the crowd.
Barge
Pants & Rowdy

Post by Pants & Rowdy »

EddieSmith,

I parked in Patrick street about 10 mins walk away. I definatley showed up a little late in that we got there at 2.00 pm sharp.
Great atmosphere I thought....
Never Forget the #42
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

As I said in an earlier post, i got there about 12:00 and only saw the 2nd half of the reserves in which he didnt touch it. Cant believe he kicked 5 goals as in the 3rd qtr they couldnt get a goal because Billy was useless and only got up once Billy got out of the forward line before they kicked their first of the 2nd half midway through the last qtr
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

I have placed a few photos on the gallery of sundays game. Not the best shots but I am getting used to a new digital stll/video camera.
Joel

Post by Joel »

nuxta, mind if I use them on Nick's Collingwood Page?

http://nick.magpies.net
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

Nah, thats cool Joel. Feel free to use them if you want.
loch

Post by loch »

Going by the Williamstown site Fanning was best

Fanning was average, did ok in the ruck but around the ground his skills were appalling

Hall ... in Collingwood seniors? Not a chance in hell, Hall will be lucky to not find himself in the Willy 2nds again by years end

Hall, he played very well today I thought, Kicked a couple of goals, presented well and took some good marks, looks like he has bulked up a bit

Hall is a mountain, we need to persist kicked a couple and often ignored on the lead and was vocal enough to let the kicker know all about it.

Just a modest selection. More contradictory views on Hotrod's for those who are interested. :roll: Did you all go to the same game?
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Some people have different views of the game as some just hope to see others fail and see everything they do as shocking

I guess I didnt really pay that much attention to the ruck contests, so didnt really see him dominate like he did, knew he went alright though. But around the ground he made some stupid decisions and errors when he had the ball

As for Hall, the times I have seen him he has been useless and cant take a mark. Is a ruckman pretending to be a forward, some must have seen somethings I missed but the only tall forward who seemed to provide much of a contest was Dukes
Joel

Post by Joel »

Cheers nuxta. It is appreciated.