Williamstown v Box Hill- Finally a win

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Williamstown v Box Hill- Finally a win

Post by eddiesmith »

Well what a day, both seniors and reserves were the better side on the day yet f****d up and ended up looking beaten in the last qtr before getting up in the end

Bucks was ok, looked good but as expected a bit rusty, wouldnt hurt to give him another week down there. When the game was there to be won he was rested which was a shock

Most players played well today, no real standouts.

Yakka was explosive

Promote O'Brien NOW NOW NOW

Neon was ok, popped up in the last when the game was there to be won

Egan was superb, huge vertical leap and pulled some ripper marks in the last minutes and almost single handedly won the game for Willy floating across half forward, kicked the goal to put them in front I think

Rioli was, oh sorry, Cole (hard to tell them apart these days) was shocking, someone actually asked me if he played at all he was so shit

Brayden should replace hs cousin next week, looked great with speed and great skills

Heath was great in the first, a little quiet in the 2nd, went full on with a little shit from Box Hill, was a total dickhead that annoyed everyone all day and was the same player that Jase hit

Jason was good, took some great marks and was in everything. Got reported for belting that no47 I think, should get off because of who he hit

Willo was average, not bad but not good either

Lokan was quiet and shit, cant believe he takes the kickouts

Hall is crap

Fanning was average, did ok in the ruck but around the ground his skills were appalling

In the ressies, Leonard looked good and fit, Billy was shocking, couldnt touch it all day and wasnt helped by the hate of the umpires towards him

Talking of the umpires, they couldnt have been any shitter, looked very upset after the game as they failed in their attempts to get Box Hill over the line in both games
Proud Pies

Re: Williamstown v Box Hill- Finally a win

Post by Proud Pies »

eddiesmith wrote: Lokan was quiet and shit, cant believe he takes the kickouts
has to get his stats from somewhere
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Forgot one

Walker, geez, keep forgetting about him, was he out there? Oh thats right he was the one who was smashed by Holland in the 1st qtr who couldnt convert then went forward and couldnt convert himself
Sultan of spin

Post by Sultan of spin »

Thanks for the report Eddie, sounds like you were getting pretty fired up. Great to hear about Bucks and good to see Leon and Egan played well, the fact that these guys have pace means they could be very important for Collingwood
MagpieGrant

Post by MagpieGrant »

Pity Davo didn't play it would have been good seeing him leading to buckley's lace out passes. Maybe one day we will see these two playing in the same game.
In football there is no shade of grey.
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Sultan of spin wrote:Thanks for the report Eddie, sounds like you were getting pretty fired up. Great to hear about Bucks and good to see Leon and Egan played well, the fact that these guys have pace means they could be very important for Collingwood
Well a close game where you get slaughtered by the umpires does that, it wasnt to bad for the first half or so

Late in the game I went down to the boundary and was preparing to give the umpires one almighty damn spray, but refrained from it when we won and went and celebrated with the players instead
05bucks

Post by 05bucks »

what about shane, did he play?
Scott Pendlebury
The (new) champ is here
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Thanks for that eddie. Can we use it on the NCP site?

Good news all round I suppose. Bucks played well, Jason Cloke was ok and youngsters in Hertier, Shaw and Yak played well.

Can you see Hall or Morrison playing seniors at all this year?
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Going by the Williamstown site Fanning was best,with cloke & Lokan also named?????????????????????????????
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

I dont know how they keep naming Lokan in the best

Jase was definately in the best players, no suprises there, Fanning, yeah I guess as a ruckman he was good, but just felt when he got the ball, he seemed lost and screwed up a bit, but so did a few others, kept chipping the ball when kicking with the wind

Hall and Morrison in Collingwood seniors? Not a chance in hell, Hall will be lucky to not find himself in the Willy 2nds again by years end
Carders

Post by Carders »

eddiesmith wrote:I dont know how they keep naming Lokan in the best

Jase was definately in the best players, no suprises there, Fanning, yeah I guess as a ruckman he was good, but just felt when he got the ball, he seemed lost and screwed up a bit, but so did a few others, kept chipping the ball when kicking with the wind

Hall and Morrison in Collingwood seniors? Not a chance in hell, Hall will be lucky to not find himself in the Willy 2nds again by years end
Yh Morrison I agree mate, u have no idea on Hall, he played very well today I thought, Kicked a couple of goals, presented well and took some good marks, looks like he has bulked up a bit.

Morrison will be delisted, we gave Guy Richards 4 years until he got a gig, this is Brent Hall's 2nd year. He is going to be a good player!
Side By Side We Stick TOGETHER..............
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

2:00 PM Sun 19/Jun

Box Hill Hawks 12.17-89
vs
Williamstown 13.14-92

Box Hill Hawks
Goal Kickers: P. Jolley 3, S. Rudolph 2, B. McGlynn 2, R. Breese 2, N. Lonie, A. Lekkas, C. Alleway
Best Players: S. Greene, A. Lekkas, T. Murphy, B. McGlynn, A. Jansen, N. Lonie

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: J. Dukes 4, C. Egan 2, B. Hall 2, A. Williams, L. Jarrad, J. Barling, A. Iacobucci, L. Picken
Best Players: D. Fanning, J. Dukes, J. Cloke, L. Jarrad, M. Lokan, B. Shaw
Pants & Rowdy

Post by Pants & Rowdy »

Can only echo the sentiments of Essiesmith.
I ventured out to Box Hill City oval today, struggled to get a park space and settled in too see some of the 'Talent' on show.

Obrien, although not a huge stat gatherer I thought was brilliant in the way he goes about spoiling and beating his opponents. I totally agree that we need to elevate him.He went onto Nick Holland in the second half and showed his mobility given the height he was giving to Holland. He is stocky and looks very very strong. He footy nous today was very good and I know he has been critiscised in the past.

Suprised to see H Shaw not in the bests, I thought he was brilliant except for an out on the full he mistimed. Took a critical mark to repel a forward thruse in the dying minute or two which was critical, i thought. It was a dangerous ball coming through the corridor and given the desperation of both sides in those final minutes anything coulda happend. A telling mark.

Cole is a sad sight for a first round pick only three or so seasons ago. He looks overweight and totally lost at sea. His conditioning is a disgrace for a footballer especially one who has virtually had the last three season in the firsts.

Encouraging were Yakkobucci and Egan, both these kids stood up presented and Egan in particular has match winning qualities kicked a couple of goals and his kicking technique must be one of the best at the club. Yakka was brilliant, often compared to Licca with the exception he can kick. Picked a couple of poor options but he constantly presented and his field kicking almost always hit the targets. Yakka suprisingly was not in the bests.

Dont know where Walker is at the minute, will be lucky to see senior footy again this year. Another who is lost at sea, struggled on Holland and when he went forward in the last quarter took a grab but failed to kick a crucial one from 45 meter out. Leon Davis was another who missed a couple of big kicks in those dying mins.

Hall is a mountain, we need to persist kicked a couple and often ignored on the lead and was vocal enough to let the kicker know all about it.

B Shaw was the one who did it for me today, he showed a glimpse of what we have wanted to see and he had not given us pre his ankle injury.
He basically showed heart, ran, led, created and contributed to the point where he influenced the game.

The kids did good.
Never Forget the #42
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Should have got there early, i got in about 12 and parked across the road at the other oval, plenty of parking and the school was breaking up for the day so there would have been alot more after we went into the ground

Where did you end up parking? Heard a few people got parking tickets today
GO RUPERT 10

Post by GO RUPERT 10 »

That would be right wouldnt it

if footy wasnt on they wouldnt have bothered to be there

just like the old days at vic park,they would book people if collingwood had a family day there ,but if there wasnt you wouldnt see the mongels