Anyone going to Box Hill this week?

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

I Should be there GO the GULLS!!!
molloymagic

Post by molloymagic »

does any1 know if its going to be on tv?
Jarrod Molloy
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

No it wont be on TV, they only show one game a round and that is on a Saturday
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Oh yeah, and that Buckley fella is back too. :-)
jabso#5

Post by jabso#5 »

The Z-Man is back too!!!!!! He is probably past it though, too injury proned and you can't survive as an injury ravaged rookie.
What's happened to Davo? Injured/Rested. I thuoght he'd be a big chance to play vs. Sydney if they give Rusling a rest.

Jason Cloke isn't that bad at Willy, he is always going to be a 3rd tall defender and him and Walker being the only 2 key defenders sucks and they have no help at all in terms of numbers at the contest. Most reports are skewed on how many jason got kicked on him as he often has to peel off to try to get to the contest, he may not reach the contest in time but end up being the man on the mark. Like last week vs. Geelong his oponent had a queit day but there were a few times when he tried to be the 3rd man up but was too late in some contests with McCarthy vs. Walker.

Also does anyone know the rules regarding the break and whether we would be able to bring some Collingwood players to play the one game for Willy, such as Fraser who is struggling with fitness, Rusling who needs game time, Rowe who also would like a full run, for this game and bring them back vs. Sydney?
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Believe Davo now has a groin injury, Guy Richards a hip injury.

Let's hope Zane can somehow manage to put together a decent second half to the season.

I somewhere that if a player played for Collingwood last week he is not eligable to play for Willy this week.
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

rand corp wrote:Believe Davo now has a groin injury, Guy Richards a hip injury..
I'm beginning to wonder about these two and their constant injuries. It's like how do they injure when they rarely get to play, or perhaps due to all the injuries, they just can't get match fitness and then injure themselves again trying.
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
HAWKS HEROES

Post by HAWKS HEROES »

i will be there i would get there early if you want parking becareful where you park as fines may be given if going by train i hear there are no trains Sunday the Belgrave / Lilydale line will be closed between Box Hill and Ringwood
Anyone coming out from the city might be able to get the bus to stop right outside the ground
just so you know best of luck to bucks and best of luck to lekkas who is playing for the first time since his stroke
bring on the 2006 it should be better, season i can't wait
HAWKS HEROES

Post by HAWKS HEROES »

bring on the 2006 it should be better, season i can't wait
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

HAWKS HEROES wrote:i will be there i would get there early if you want parking becareful where you park as fines may be given if going by train i hear there are no trains Sunday the Belgrave / Lilydale line will be closed between Box Hill and Ringwood
Anyone coming out from the city might be able to get the bus to stop right outside the ground

Damn, oh well, might have to drive after all, leaving home at about 11:30 so should be right to get a parking spot, might have to park outside one of the schools in the area
Clokey

Post by Clokey »

Can someone take special note of O'Brien? I know nothing of him. I saw heath play when I was in Vic, he was heater.
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

BUSES BOX HILL-RINGWOOD

Due to track maintenance works buses will replace all trains between Box Hill and Ringwood on Sunday 19 June 2005.

Passengers intending to travel between Box Hill and Lilydale/Belgrave are advised to check departure times as journey times have been extended by up to 22 minutes.

If you are travelling towards Lilydale/Belgrave:

Trains from Flinders Street will depart five minutes later than normal, go direct to Richmond, and operate to the normal Sunday timetable to Box Hill.

Buses from Box Hill will stop at all stations to Ringwood.

As well, to reduce journey times for passengers travelling to Ringwood and beyond, express buses will operate from Box Hill every 20 minutes from 11.29am until 7.29pm and every 40 minutes from 8.09pm until 12.09am.

Until 8pm trains from Ringwood to Lilydale/Belgrave will operate to the normal Sunday timetable. After 8pm, trains from Ringwood to Lilydale and Belgrave will operate to an altered timetable.

If you are travelling from Lilydale/Belgrave to Box Hill:

Until 7.45pm, trains from Lilydale/Belgrave will operate to the normal timetable to Box Hill. After 7.45pm trains from Lilydale/Belgrave-Box Hill will operate to an altered timetable.

Buses from Ringwood will stop at all stations to Box Hill and connect with trains to Flinders Street operating to the normal Sunday timetable.

To reduce journey times for passengers travelling to Box Hill, express buses will leave Ringwood every 20 minutes from 10.20am until 6.40pm and every 40 minutes from 7pm until 11.40pm.

Buses will depart from:

Box Hill (bus interchange in transport centre);

Laburnum (opposite station in Laburnum Street);

Blackburn (opposite station in South Parade);

Nunawading (bus stop in Station Street);

Mitcham (station entrance near Station Street);

Heatherdale (bus stop near Heatherdale Road level crossing);

Ringwood (bus interchange at station).

Connex apologises for any inconvenience, however the work is essential to ensure the efficient operation of the train service.

Contact Metlink on 131 638 for full details, including departure times of the replacement buses and altered train services.
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

I think Billy M may be starting to hit his straps (seriously). I'd persist with him, as he is an obvous talent.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Proud Pies wrote:
rand corp wrote:Believe Davo now has a groin injury, Guy Richards a hip injury..
I'm beginning to wonder about these two and their constant injuries. It's like how do they injure when they rarely get to play, or perhaps due to all the injuries, they just can't get match fitness and then injure themselves again trying.
I'd keep them on the list. Both are talents, and both deserve a bit of faith after all their injuries. Stretch could be a gun ruckman if we persist.
Your Joking Me!!

Post by Your Joking Me!! »

Johnson#26 wrote:I think Billy M may be starting to hit his straps (seriously). I'd persist with him, as he is an obvous talent.
While it's a start, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves... It was only VFL 2nds!!

Hope you're right though Johnno.
Head over the ball or head over to the pine