B Shaw returns

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

rand corp wrote:Get the feeling only eddiesmiths favourites play between okay to excellent whilst his non-faves are constantly ordinary to sh1te.

Based on the fact that absolutely every single week the same listed players are no good and everyone else is mistaken whilst and the same time the other listed players were good despite everyone else saying they were sh1te!

Oh, and if your last name is Cloke it doesn't really matter how bad you go, or how many goals you have kicked on you because, by Monday you will have played in a different position, gone alright and it will all have been Tex's fault!
And its funny how every single week Cloke is in the best players despite being told by others he was totally shit. :roll:

And I hate to tell you, but Heath is one of my favourite players but he did not play well last week and unfortunately for him that was the week to play well as he could be in the 25 otherwise instead of Lokan
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Big T »

Does anyone on this web site really believe Tex has a future at Collingwood?
Buon Giorno
Your Joking Me!!

Post by Your Joking Me!! »

Yes, me.
He will stay on the list because:
-Billy and Hall are way behind him in the pecking order and may not be there next year.
-C1 is too small to be a FB or CHB.
-Wakes is getting on in years.
Head over the ball or head over to the pine
Clokey

Post by Clokey »

And the fact that he was just signed for two years.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

No, Tex has no future at Collingwood. If anyone thinks he will replace Wakes, no chance unless he gets a brain transplant
Your Joking Me!!

Post by Your Joking Me!! »

I take it C1 will be replacing Wakes...?
If not, from our current crop, who will?
Head over the ball or head over to the pine
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Quite a few very handy footballers have had less than glorious starts to their careers. Quite a few of these kids have been written off (Tex, Billy, Hall, the Shaws) and I confess I've had a shot at a couple (Lokan, King, and Swan currently on the list). Perhaps the club might just know a little better than us.

I think we will all be surprised at the end of the year to see who is delisted and who is retained.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

I remember when Presti & Shaubs started at the pies, they weren't much chop, got bagged weekly (too small, too slow), very similar to Tex. Only difference is Tex cant even hold down a bench spot for any position & really struggles when playing in defence.
I say play him at F.F for Willy for the rest of the year & see what he can do, then make a decision on his future.
Maybe he can be turned into a ruckman
-tall
-big body
-v/good leap
-just needs a brain
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Tex will end up being a GUN.

Unfortunately IF the club listens to most Magpie fans, it will be with another team.

End of Story.
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

We will never need Tex at FF. Never. Look at who's in front of him, we need him at CHB or FB, so that's where I think he should play. If he plays as a gun at FF, then he'll either kick 100 goals for Willy, or be traded, cause he wont be better than Taz, 2 Clokes, Caracella, Didak and Rocca, and then you've got Davo, Egan, Rowe and Russling putting their hands up. And where will Bucks play? There isn't a clear replacement for Wakes atm, or Presti for that matter, give him a crack at a future and put him at CHB. If not, his future looks limited, at least with the pies.

- Ben
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Tex WILL be a gun in years to come. According to the club, he played all his junior footy as a ruckman and was drafted to be groomed as a key position back.

The comments before about Schaub's and Presti were spot on. And don't forget, St Kilda basically de listed both Wakelins.

He doesn't need to turn into a Gun straight away. If we can keep grooming him and be patient while Wakes and Presti hold down their spots for another 12 months or so, he will be able to walk straight in.

Tex and C1 will be vital parts of our backline over the next 5 years.