Willy v Geelong, not much to like.

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

nuxta wrote: What about in the third quarter when his opponent kicked four goals. Yeah top effort that. Wake up eddie.
Now I know you didnt watch the game :roll:
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

Yeah I saw the game today and was initially impressed with general hardness and tackling, but christ it fell away easily. Basic skills were pretty poor all day.

Lonie teased with his long runs and kicking, in the best but he just frustrates the hell out of me, should be one of the best wingers in the AFL, not a pharken two bit player in the VFL.

Coley....used to be my favourite player for the future, the light at the end of the tunnel might just be a train coming the other way, oscillates from brilliant to pharken stupid.

Fanning for a bloke who has only played a few games I reckon he might make it, runs hard for a big guy, gets bloody frustrated in general play when his efforts do not come off, we should persevere and be patient with this guy.

O'Brien might just be something good! Fast, good foot skills, did a couple of blind turns today and kicked a couple of the HBF. Geelong were very worried about his run out of the backline and his opponent took him to the goalsquare

Jason Cloke did a decent job, i am a J Clo supporter just for effort he puts in and his attack on the footy. Much maligned, not warranted.

Brent Hall, BIG unit, looks good on the lead, not sure about the 5-6 weeks senior start though. Seems to lack presence for the size he is, but once again needs to be persevered with.

Williams GAWN
Tex, not a fan just does not think got totally towelled up today GAWN

Lokin did some good stuff but still lets players lead him to the ball GAWN

King, Davis, Morrisson, Richards did not play.

Davies got knocked up getting kicks, Gotch had a bit of a go at him re defensive work.

Yiabucccccccccci did not do too much, but looks likely. Seeing we got flogged out of the centre in the 2nd half Davies Iabucci, Fanning et al should have done more.

All I can remember at the moment
loki04

Post by loki04 »

Lokin played a good first half last week but in the second half was not sighted when the pressure was on especially the 3rd quater.I only saw the replay on FOX FOOTY. Davis did enough so why didn't he play? is he injured ? As for J.cloke he is a very good 3rd or 4th defender who should not be made to man up players like F.Gherig. He is more suited to halfback line than the last line of defence as shown when he flogged A.Hamill. Even though O'Bree has played reasonable the last 2 games (he still has alot of turnovers) we really need to trade him as he is a passenger when we play well he plays well we may manage a 2nd or 3rd round pick or swap him to the Bulldogs for M.Hann as he seems to be out of favour but has shown plenty of ability. Go Pies and good bye O'Bree, Lokin, Williams.......
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
themilleys

Post by themilleys »

Loken had his calf worked on from 1/4 time so he must be carrying some soreness. Wasnt a good look either when Heater was limping when he came back after the half time break. Booch and Harry were our best by a mile. Tex was far from the worst on ground. Eddiesmith your bias is a disgrace. He actually got the Gulls back in the game in the last quarter when he was switched into the ruck and kicked a good goal. The whole backline bar Harry O'brian was under seige in the 3rd quarter due to the lack of pressure up the ground. Geelong had ample time to hit up any one of its forwards because the ball deliverer was never under pressure. Cole and Cloke were ok without being startling. Lonie provided some run only in the last quarter when he was moved to the wing, was ineffective for the rest of the day. Davo is a bit of a worry as he seems to have lost a yard or two, hopefully it is just confidence. To sum up the day Harry and Booch were very good and the loss amounted as a result of wasted opportunities in front of goal, poor disposal and decision making and a lack of intensity in the third quarter.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

loki04 wrote:Mick should just wack T.Davidson straight in the seniors especially if the willy players are ignoring his leads.
Any news on the reserves game?
I think that Davidson is going along just fine, lets not crucify him by throwing him into the seniors just yet.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

loki04 wrote:Mick should just wack T.Davidson straight in the seniors especially if the willy players are ignoring his leads.
Any news on the reserves game?
PS:

No reserves game which is why Davidson was promoted to the firsts.

Also curious about who you think we should drop to promote Davidson, Rusling? C3? Tarrant? Grow a brain!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

nuxta wrote:The port game Lokan was in the best as was cloke and they both got hammered from pillar to post. I wasnt at the game on my own and am not the only one to think so. I find it funny that the people doing the best on ground reports for willy put lokan and cloke in the best. And as for attacking anyone Ive only called as Ive seen it. Cloke nearly won us the game did he? What about in the third quarter when his opponent kicked four goals. Yeah top effort that. Wake up eddie.
You go to a game with a pre-conceived idea of how a player will go and that is what you will see. Open your mind to other possibilities and you might even get a life!
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

jackcass wrote:
nuxta wrote:The port game Lokan was in the best as was cloke and they both got hammered from pillar to post. I wasnt at the game on my own and am not the only one to think so. I find it funny that the people doing the best on ground reports for willy put lokan and cloke in the best. And as for attacking anyone Ive only called as Ive seen it. Cloke nearly won us the game did he? What about in the third quarter when his opponent kicked four goals. Yeah top effort that. Wake up eddie.
You go to a game with a pre-conceived idea of how a player will go and that is what you will see. Open your mind to other possibilities and you might even get a life!
Your name is wel suited. You dont know me, you dont know what my thoughts are. Are you some sort of bafoon. I go to the willy games in the HOPE that Lonie and Cloke will stand out and get back to where thay were during 2002. I dont have any pre concieved ideas before a game as they are all different. And as for getting a life, if my days were any fuller I would need an extra hour a day............Jackass
Genesis 1:1
bokka

Post by bokka »

themilleys wrote:Loken had his calf worked on from 1/4 time so he must be carrying some soreness. Wasnt a good look either when Heater was limping when he came back after the half time break. Booch and Harry were our best by a mile. Tex was far from the worst on ground. Eddiesmith your bias is a disgrace. He actually got the Gulls back in the game in the last quarter when he was switched into the ruck and kicked a good goal. The whole backline bar Harry O'brian was under seige in the 3rd quarter due to the lack of pressure up the ground. Geelong had ample time to hit up any one of its forwards because the ball deliverer was never under pressure. Cole and Cloke were ok without being startling. Lonie provided some run only in the last quarter when he was moved to the wing, was ineffective for the rest of the day. Davo is a bit of a worry as he seems to have lost a yard or two, hopefully it is just confidence. To sum up the day Harry and Booch were very good and the loss amounted as a result of wasted opportunities in front of goal, poor disposal and decision making and a lack of intensity in the third quarter.
Glad to see there's someone else who realises how good Tex is going to be.
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

nuxta wrote:Your name is wel suited. You dont know me, you dont know what my thoughts are. Are you some sort of bafoon. I go to the willy games in the HOPE that Lonie and Cloke will stand out and get back to where thay were during 2002. I dont have any pre concieved ideas before a game as they are all different. And as for getting a life, if my days were any fuller I would need an extra hour a day............Jackass
Well, if you actually want them to do well and you dont have pre concieved ideas, then how do you seem to match Jason up on the player who kicked the first 4 goals of the 3rd qtr when it was clearly Tex?

Walker nearly won us the game themilleys? Are you kidding me? He is an idiot. What other player do you see give away 3-4 free kicks a game in front of goal on a regular basis??? Other players would have been able to punch those balls through for points instead of looking at the umpire, rippin the cats players jumper and saying look at me,n im holding on,

There is no player in the world who makes his holding so obvious, he will never make a defender and if it wasnt for his stupidity in the start of the 3rd qtr, we wouldnt have lost control of the game
loki04

Post by loki04 »

jackcass wrote:

No reserves game which is why Davidson was promoted to the firsts.

Also curious about who you think we should drop to promote Davidson, Rusling? C3? Tarrant? Grow a brain!

How bout we never wack him in cause we can't drop turn over king S.O'bree or people who didn't play that well like rowe, and don't say that their onballers and he's a foward because we have enough already in the team who can go through the middle.As for a brain your the narrow minded f.ck who only named 3 possible people to change tool.
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
leon is #1

Post by leon is #1 »

does any1 no y leon didnt play?
LEON IS #1
loki04

Post by loki04 »

he was injured
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

eddiesmith wrote:Well, if you actually want them to do well and you dont have pre concieved ideas, then how do you seem to match Jason up on the player who kicked the first 4 goals of the 3rd qtr when it was clearly Tex?
Tex was on the ball when McCarthy kicked four of his 5 third quarter goals so I am finding it hard to blame him. Just the fact that Clokey was next to McCarthey for all but 1 of them led me to believe he was somewhat responsible. We will have to agree to disagree on this topic eddiesmith.
Genesis 1:1
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Tex went onto the ball after he kicked the goals.

The first goal of the qtr was to Jasons opponent when Walker gave away a free kick in the goal square in an attempt to spoil a shot at goal

The 2nd goal was to McCarthy on the lead with Tex trailing behind him

The 3rd and 4th were for holding the man in the square again, then the runner came out and Walker went up the ground ran into an open goal and sprayed the kick.

When Walker went off McCarthy a Williamstown player went onto him. Jase was playing on no25, Matthew Spencer at CHB

Just wondering, where were you watching from?