Willy v Geelong, not much to like.

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Pa Marmo

Willy v Geelong, not much to like.

Post by Pa Marmo »

I just got home from the Willy game and I tell you there was not very much to like. Only got to see the second half when Willy were 4 goals up. Harry O`Brien tried very hard and Yakka was under everything. Davidson lead and lead but they never went to him at all. Cloke was ordinary as were Willo, Lonie and Lokan. Ben Davies tried hard but made a few mistakes and from the look of it Hall is going nowhere in a hurry.
Genesis 1:1
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

Booch in for Rowe?

In a way it's sort of good to hear Willo and Lokan didnt play well - it secures their future at least.

Did Davidson move well / with confidence? How's his pace?
Carders

Post by Carders »

As soon as bucks comes off the injury list, Davies will be stuck at willy, might as well give him some games while we still can.
Side By Side We Stick TOGETHER..............
AbsoluteTallant

Post by AbsoluteTallant »

What was the flipping score?

Hello?
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

AbsoluteTallant wrote:What was the flipping score?

Hello?
From TMN;

http://s8.invisionfree.com/TMN_Forum/in ... st=0&#last
azza102

Post by azza102 »

well the limited info from the results show davidson must have been alright. Also cloke, lonie in the best. Lokan again in the best - please no mick - if he is in the best next week i might consider him
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Jason played alright, as did Lonie. He finally got a go on a wing and was great, the only player giving good, decent delivery in the 2nd half. Davo played a great 2nd qtr, but didnt get much chance after half time. Nearly stole the game after Clokey flew over a pack, marked and goaled late in the game but we won the centre clearance and they ran it out of there, got to Geelongs 50 and the siren went

Tristen Walker was BOG for Geelong. Gave away 4 goals in about the first 5 minutes of the 3rd qtr and Willy never got back in front after leading at half time by a few goals. 3 of the goals were from free kicks.

On free kicks, i would say the approx. count was 30-3 in Geelongs favour, absolutely appaling.

Summing up, Cloke, Lonie, Davo, Yakka and O'Brien were the best Collingwood listed players, the rest did **** all. Willo was alright, not to bad.
loki04

Post by loki04 »

Mick should just wack T.Davidson straight in the seniors especially if the willy players are ignoring his leads.
Any news on the reserves game?
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

No reserves today, they had the bye

The Willy players werent ignoring his leads, the midfield in the 2nd half got smashed and the Cats were dropping men back making it hard, everytime they delivered into the forward line, cats players were taking marks as there were 3 cats onto 1 seagulls player
Snoop Dog

Post by Snoop Dog »

So what is the conclusion did JC, Lokan play well or poorly. If Lonie has played well I would bring him back for Woewodin and swap Rowe for Yakka or Davies - whoever played the best. Lonie has now been in best 2 weeks running and we need his pace next week.

Some other questions?

WasHeath Shaw sighted at all. Where did OBrien play? Did Cole at least look interested and how was Fanning?

Thanks!
'You da man'
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

COle was shit as always, only sighted Heath when we were laughing at him, didnt get in the play much. Fanning wasnt very good. Was off in the last qtr when the game was in the balance and Walker was getting smashed, dont know why.

Harry played on a half back flank

Jason played well, some people will never admit it, Lokan got a bit of it, did nothing with it though. He probably was in our best, but didnt think he was 2nd best like in the official results
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

I only seen the second half but I must have been watching a different game than you eddiesmith. Cloke was bloody woefull in the half of footy I seen and if you call Lonies use of the ball good you must have a pretty low standard you are willing to accept. Lokan only got easy possessions out on his own and was completely useless in close. And as for not admitting Cloke played well, Ive always gone into bat for him but at the moment he just doesnt deserve it.
Free kicks didnt beat willy, willy did.
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Bloody woeful? Are you kidding me? He got some hitouts, took a couple of marks and used the ball well and nearly won us the game

Lonies use of the ball was of a low standard? Sure, it wasnt perfect, but it was far from woeful. Considering the shit Lonie cops from people about his form at Willy, he must be playing quite badly, but if that is what some people think is terrible, then bring him back he has been good since he went down there.

Does anyone else find it funny, the 3 players you attack got in the best players?
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

The port game Lokan was in the best as was cloke and they both got hammered from pillar to post. I wasnt at the game on my own and am not the only one to think so. I find it funny that the people doing the best on ground reports for willy put lokan and cloke in the best. And as for attacking anyone Ive only called as Ive seen it. Cloke nearly won us the game did he? What about in the third quarter when his opponent kicked four goals. Yeah top effort that. Wake up eddie.
Last edited by Pa Marmo on Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deck

Post by deck »

eddiesmith wrote: Does anyone else find it funny, the 3 players you attack got in the best players?
I think the club supply the best for the papers and the VFL site. I'd say it gives a good indication on how the club thought the players went.
My brains alco hostile like the gaza strip.